miércoles, 21 de julio de 2010

My Aindra Story - Dandavats



PLANET ISKCON

 

Your email updates, powered by FeedBlitz

 
Here are the latest updates for

"Dandavats" - 10 new articles

  1. HH Subhag Swami's visit to Arizona brings rain in sultry heat
  2. HG Aindra Prabhu - Final Update from Vrindavan
  3. The Vegan Threat to Bovine Welfare
  4. Aindra Prabhu´s Instructions
  5. My Aindra Story
  6. Shukracharya in the Horoscopes of Devotees
  7. Vrindavana Will Never be the Same
  8. Aindra Das
  9. Aindra and Padmalochan Prabhus
  10. Mac Version of GCal
  11. More Recent Articles
  12. Search Dandavats

HH Subhag Swami's visit to Arizona brings rain in sultry heat

Radha MadhavaHari das: Based in Mayapur, West Bengal, India, His Holiness Subhag Swami stopped over in Phoenix enroute to Laguna Beach California during his brief visit to America.


HG Aindra Prabhu - Final Update from Vrindavan

By Lakshman das

HG Aindra Prabhu often performed bhajan until the dead of night. On the night of 16th July 2010, he probably did the same, and never knew it was his last day. Probably to cook some bhoga to Deities, he ignited the gas stove unknowing the gas leakage.



The Vegan Threat to Bovine Welfare

By Mayesvara Dasa

As director of the American Vedic Association and a practicing Vegetarian I have embraced the tradition of honoring and protecting the cow as one's own mother for nearly 40 years. I therefore share with the Vegan community their outrage at the cruelty inflicted on commercial dairy cows. I don't however agree the Vegan gospel: "Thou Shall NOT drink Milk" is the most effective strategy for putting an end to the barbaric way the dairy industry exploits and abuses cows.


Aindra Prabhu´s Instructions

By Muniraja dasa

Here in Vrndavana so many people come to the temple for darshan and we can do kirtan here. But in the west you don´t get that many people to the temple, you have to go out to do kirtan. How often do you go out?


My Aindra Story

By Devala Das

My Aindra Story

1,622 Views / EMail This Post / Print This Post / Home » My Aindra Story

By Devala Das

There’s much to be sad about these days, but so many good memories to cherish. As I write this I constantly listen to the amazing recordings of his, that can only give a small taste of what it was like to sit beside him while he poured his heart out to their Lordships.
I remember the day I first heard his Vraja Villasa cd. The voices of many laughing started one track, wherein Aindra cut in saying, ” OK, now be serious!”. This was to me, the sum of the personality and character of him. Years after hearing his CD I was able to meet Aindra personally, and one of the first times he saw me he called out to me as he was singing, waved me over to play the mrdunga and asked the devotees to make some space for me. That day he sparked a burning passion for bhajan within me.
My brother Dhruva had become very good friends with Aindra over the years, and so I was given a very close look into the real intricate personality of his. I experienced the Ugra Aindra personality that many of you know what I am talking about. This usually came out during his bhajans due to his strong desire for perfection and firm encouragement when needed. “Chant loudly”, he would say. “HARE KRSNA!!”, he would shout out directly at you if you were caught sleeping or holding back on your vocal chords.
I then remember the Shanti Aindra that he would become as soon as he finished the kirtan, went in front of Radhe Syama and folded his hands. His love for Radharani and her companions was apparent to me when my brother Drdha was asked by Aindra to draw a picture of Radharani for him. Drdha presented the wonderful drawing to him in his room one evening late. I remember Aindra taking the drawing and looking at it for several minutes, which seemed like hours. He didnt say a word, his eyes transfixed on the paper. His mood then transformed into that of a child in front of his Lord. He turned to Drdha and me and said over and over in a tone that sounded like he was on the verge of tears, “She is so beautiful, isnt she?” I felt like he was no longer on this earth, but his mind had completely gone to a place that was so dear and close to him.

One day my brother Dhruva and I went to pay respects to Aindra in his room and hopefully sit with him for some time. He opened the door, with mics set up everywhere and a computer with chords connecting all the mics. “Can you sing?”, he said to me. “Not really”, I responded knowing where this was headed. “Its ok sit down, you will do fine, just let it all out, dont hold any of it in and sing LOUDLY”, he convincingly said. Without any objections Dhruva and I were mic’d up together along with some other devotees, that REALLY knew how to sing! Aindra sat in the middle of the room with his laptop harmonium that was so powerful and so vibrant that it sounded like it was singing along. He would sing a verse and we would repeat back, trying to not only follow his very elaborate tunes, but also attempt to sing out with all our breaths for each word, KRSNA- would stretch out an entire minute it seemed sometime. He proceeded to replay the recording back after each time we were not “Loud enough”. I opted to drop out but he kindly mentioned that he could edit us out later on if it doesnt work ( which he did ). I dont remember the exact words he used to describe me and my brothers singing, but “Sound like a dying cat”, followed by a huge laugh is pretty close to accurate.

I also remember during the installation of Pancatattva in Mayapur when Aindra first ever left Vraja in 20 something years. I remember all the amazing bhajan singers that sang before him such as B.B Govinda Swami and his amazingly powerful voice. When Aindra sat down surrounded by the 10 or so mrdunga players and hundreds of instruments, everything went silent for a few minutes. Aindra began to pound on the harmonium keys that made it sound like he had 20 fingers, powerful and strong like Bhima. His voice cut through the hearts of all present, bringing the mood and love of Vraja Dham to the Mayapur temple.

When I think of Aindra Prabhu I dont just think of the music he gave our movement. Of course his recording I have and CD’s ive listened to over the years has changed my life I can say. But when I think of Aindra and what i will miss the most is who he was as a devotee. His love for Radharani and Krsna and the holy dham is inspiring and uplifting. He had no care in politics, had little care in appearance and being flashy. He didnt sing to impress one person other than the Lords themselves. He gave so much to our movement and asked for very little.
What I hope for and often wonder now is who will take the place of our fallen leaders such as Sridhar Swami, Tamal Krsna Swami, and now Aindra? As I mourn for the loss of such a great devotee and leader we had, I begin to think what can I do myself to give to this great movement we have and how can I help keep the burning joy for bhajan and kirtan fresh and vibrant just like every time Aindra Prabhu did everyday of his life.



ASTROLOGÍA VÉDICA



Shukracharya in the Horoscopes of Devotees

Shukracharya in the Horoscopes of Devotees

1,640 Views / EMail This Post / Print This Post / Home »
Shukracharya in the Horoscopes of Devotees

Location: http://www.dandavats.com/wp-content/uploads/shukracharya-in-final.doc


Shukracharya in the Horoscopes of Devotees

Abhaya Mudra Dasi: Shukracharya is a great devotee of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is great soul although he is often disregarded simply because he is the guru of the asuras. Shukracharya is not a simple character; his exalted qualities are hidden. Often he acts in a twisted manner because it is not easy to direct his demonic disciples towards the path of devotion


Vrindavana Will Never be the Same

By Dhanesvara Das

It was with great shock and sadness that I received the news of his unexpected departure from this world. Over the days that have followed, whenever I was somehow reminded of the event I would feel the same shock again, followed by emptiness and woeful lamentation. Why did he have to go *now*!


Aindra Das

Gopal das: This is I what heard from a great vaishnava devotee, when an airhostess inquired about the passing away of HG Aindra das in tragic circumstances: Q: why did Krishna allow this to happen for such a wonderful devotee like Aindra prabhu? A: Lord Krishna personally wanted to hear his ecstatic kirtans right there in Golaka Vrindavan!!!


Aindra and Padmalochan Prabhus

Vrindavan Lila Dasi: Aindra Prabhu has now joined nitya-lila... he was the closest friend of my husband, Padmalochan Das. Few days before my husband left his body, Aindra Prabhu called from Vrindavan...


Mac Version of GCal

Bhaktarupa das: The GBC Vaishnava Calendar Committee is pleased to announce that an initial release of GCal for Mac OS X is now available for download at KrishnaDays.com


More Recent Articles



Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "Dandavats" or change your subscription or subscribe

 
Unsubscribe from all current and future newsletters powered by FeedBlitz
Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 







TABLA - FUENTES - FONTS

SOUV2 BalaramScaGoudyFOLIO 4.2Biblica Font





free counters

Disculpen las Molestias

Planet ISKCON - 2010  ·  Planet ISKCON - 2011

No hay comentarios:

Correo Vaishnava

Mi foto
Spain
Correo Devocional

Archivo del blog