viernes, 13 de noviembre de 2009

Kolkata - Srila Prabhupada’s birth place


Fotos de vijay

Ratha Yatra











Your email updates, powered by FeedBlitz


Here are the latest updates for

"Dandavats" - 2 new articles

  1. Sankirtan stories
  2. Kolkata - Srila Prabhupada’s birth place
  3. More Recent Articles
  4. Search Dandavats

Sankirtan stories

Yadavendra das: Two hair salon customers started showing signs of serious interest. The first one bought Cooking with Kurma and the second one accepted my three books special offer composed of Great Vegetarian Dishes, Cooking with Kurma and Quick Vegetarian Dishes.


Sankirtan stories

Sankirtan stories

Yadavendra das:

KURMA’S MARKET PENETRATION.

On October 1st 2009, Sunshine Coast, Australia, at about 11 A M, I entered Quick Snip Hair Salon and performed my standard Book Distribution presentation. There were 6 ladies present composed of customers and staff. Two staff ladies immediately volunteered that they owned and enjoyed already a copy of Cooking with Kurma.

Two hair salon customers started showing signs of serious interest. The first one bought Cooking with Kurma and the second one accepted my three books special offer composed of Great Vegetarian Dishes, Cooking with Kurma and Quick Vegetarian Dishes. I was impressed when she confided that her occupation is demolition company owner and manager and if she had to have a religion it would have to be Hare Krishna. I gave her Iskcon temples’ details. We had therefore in this room six ladies with six Kurma cookbooks, statistically speaking, one Kurma cookbook per person. How is that for market penetration????

All glories to Kurma Prabhu for his great and selfless contribution to the world wide Krishna Consciousness Movement!

FOURTY YEARS OF “PRATICUL” MEDITATION ON KRISHNA (as opposed to anukul, BRS 1.1.11)

Wednesday 7 of October 2009, I met Mark, a successful real estate agency principal. When I asked him for a donation for Hare Krishna he vehemently said:” Hare Krishna??? No, not Hare Krishna!”

I asked him: “What’s wrong with Hare Krishna?” He then explained to me that when he was a 13 years old boy, a Hare Krishna devotee in Melbourne, had taken from him $10.00 in a way that he has never appreciated. He called the devotee a thief. I agreed with him that accepting money from children in a somewhat aggressive manner is not very nice. These matters should go on between equals just like on the battlefield, where ideally only fighters equal in strength and talent would engage each other. Fair play is a rule of the game indeed!

Friday 9 of October, after careful consideration and under Sri Krishna’s inspiration, I went back to his office to offer him an apology for what had happened 40 years ago, along with a ten dollars refund. After an initial and polite refusal gesture, he immediately accepted the Laksmi. He did not ask for interest money though.

He is now 53 years of age and by this Sankirtan devotee’s mercy, Mark had been meditating for 40 years on Hare Krishna in an unfavorable way. His meditation mantra was something like Hare Krishna thief, Hare Krishna thief, Hare Krishna thief, etc etc …JJJ Due to the transcendental nature of Krishna Consciousness, unfavorable Krishna Consciousness is better than no Krishna Consciousness at all and allows the candidate to make substantial advancement. As Srila Prabhupada says in letter 720904let.jadurani: ”If I hate somebody or if I love somebody he is also in my heart. Therefore simply by hating Krishna he gets salvation, like Kamsa. So if you want to hate, hate Krishna.” Mark’s certainly derived substantial benefit from his unfavorable Krishna meditation.

It should however be emphasized at this point that it is the duty of the Sankirtan devotee to always leave a favorable impression behind him and that the overall and primary aim of Sankirtan is not fund raising but the advancement of a favorable consciousness of Krishna on all fronts.

Through my simple gesture of good will, I hope that Mark now meditates on Hare Krishna in a favorable way. Something like: “After all, Hare Krishna is all right.” I also thank Sri Krishna for giving me the credit of being able to change Mark’s mind.

Meeting the God-dog.

Last week on book distribution, close enough to the New Govardhana farm community, northern New South Wales, Australia, after obtaining permission from the manager to perform Sankirtan in his establishment, I met this person in the pub, sitting at a table. He looked to me like a fifty or so year old male, with a somewhat haggard face. He was accompanied by a woman.

I did my standard Book Distribution presentation when he mentioned in derogatory terms about the non Krishna Conscious activities of a former Iskcon leader. I had to agree with the truth but I concluded however:” Krishna is first class” which he could not tolerate. I may have repeated this short sentence once or twice as per necessity. I had also asked him whether he had taken initiation. His answer was no. He seemed to be familiar with New Govardhana farm. Toward the end he became really rude and I left immediately. He was my last call in that establishment.

A few minutes later the same person approached and interrupted me in my presentation at a different location. He came very close and may have even touched my shoulder and announced: “I am Krishna” to which I answered:” You are Krishna das” Then again:” I am Krishna”. Then me again:” You are Krishna das” and again and again. It went on for several seconds. Then finally he left but not without hearing my last:” You are Krishna das.” Now I am a little concerned about my safety in such situation and wonder if in the future, I should not endeavor to keep such people outside physical reach. But how would I achieve that aim?

Byron Bay NSW Australia, November 8, 2009

Kolkata - Srila Prabhupada’s birth place

Vrindavana Lila: Sankarsan Prabhu talks during Srila Prabhupada Disapearance day, remembering that Srila Prabhupada asked devotees to do something in Kolkata to establish it as His birth place


Kolkata - Srila Prabhupada’s birth place

Kolkata - Srila Prabhupada's birth place

Vrindavana Lila: Sankarsan Prabhu talks during Srila Prabhupada Disapearance day, remembering that Srila Prabhupada asked devotees to do something in Kolkata to establish it as His birth place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9HA8y1i_RE


Icono de canal
Mayapurvision
Más de: Mayapurvision




More Recent Articles



Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "Dandavats" or change your subscription or subscribe


Unsubscribe from all current and future newsletters powered by FeedBlitz
Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498





Página PRINCIPAL
OBRAS y AUTORES CLÁSICOS
Agradecimientos
Cuadro General

Disculpen las Molestias


No hay comentarios:

Correo Vaishnava

Mi foto
Spain
Correo Devocional

Archivo del blog