jueves, 11 de marzo de 2010

HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: In Navadvipa with Prabhupada









PLANET ISKCON


Your email updates, powered by FeedBlitz


Here are the latest updates for


"Planet ISKCON" - 62 new articles

  1. ISKCON Brisbane, AU: Sri Rama Navami - 24th March
  2. Maddy Jean-claude Durr, New Govardhana, AU: Another Aussie Journey. Brisbane Leg 06: Road Rage at Redcliff
  3. ISKCON News.com: Chilean Earthquake Part of a Growing Trend
  4. ISKCON News.com: India's Holy Ganges to Get a Serious Cleanup
  5. ISKCON News.com: Icelanders Turn to God For Help in Man-Made Crisis
  6. ISKCON News.com: Rickets is on the Rise Once Again in Britain
  7. ISKCON News.com: Switzerland Rejects Move to Provide Lawyers for Animals
  8. ISKCON News.com: Nigeria Tackling Climate Change Through Religion
  9. ISKCON News.com: 'Spiritual' Kerala Budget Taxes Drinks, Spares Religion
  10. Pandu das: a personal case of removing obstacles
  11. ISKCON News.com: Country Get Away: New Vrindaban Looking for Temporary Landscape Assistance
  12. ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Kadamba Kanana Swami
  13. David Haslam, UK: Bringing Krishna into All Schools
  14. ISKCON News.com: Food For Life Still Needs Your Help in Haiti
  15. ISKCON News.com: The Govind mas issue of "The Eight Petals" now available
  16. HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 371
  17. HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: In Navadvipa with Prabhupada
  18. HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: I Want to Be With You
  19. HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: ISKCON Artists Boston 1970s
  20. Nityananda Chandra Das, Dallas TX: my latest twitter updates
  21. Japa Group: Full Of Glorification Of Such Chanting
  22. ISKCON Toronto, Canada: Vasesika das comes back to Toronto!
  23. Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: Blood Clots/Stroke – They Now Have a Fourth Indicator, the Tongue
  24. Ananda Subramanian, Iowa, USA: its all about communication
  25. H.H. Bhaktimarg Swami: Tuesday, March 9th, 2010
  26. Manoj, Melbourne, AU: 192. Mayapur 2010 – Part 1
  27. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  28. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  29. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  30. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  31. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  32. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  33. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  34. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  35. H.H. Bhakticharu Swami: HH Bhakti Tirtha Swami's Vyasapuja
  36. Sutapa das, BV Manor, UK: Absolute Knowledge
  37. Sastra Dana, San Diego, USA: Kelly & Coral
  38. Sastra Dana, San Diego, USA: Volume 12, Issue 1
  39. Dandavats.com: Outer Space or Inner? - De Ville with an Aura
  40. Akrura das, Gita Coaching: SELF WORTH
  41. Sastra Dana, San Diego, USA: Without The Head, The Body Is Dead
  42. Dandavats.com: Ekadasi Alert
  43. Dandavats.com: Devotee Care Committee meetings in Mayapur - 7th to 10th Feb 2010
  44. Mayapur Online: Grahila Prabhu- Ready to go!
  45. Dandavats.com: Chile earthquake, temple collapse
  46. Dandavats.com: Should you sign a Petition?
  47. Dandavats.com: Malati out of hospital
  48. Dandavats.com: Yoga Teacher Training - Affordable in Alachua
  49. H.H. Bhakticharu Swami: Remembering Srila Tamal Krishna Goswami
  50. Dandavats.com: Kuli Mela 2010 - New Mayapura France
  51. Dandavats.com: Free PDF material
  52. Dandavats.com: The Eight Petals for Govind mas released
  53. Dandavats.com: ISKCON Vrindavan Vraja Mandal Parikrama (Post Gaura Purnima Festival)
  54. Dandavats.com: Inspiration Explosion Devotion (IED) Album released in Kolkata
  55. Dandavats.com: Vancouver's 2010 Winter Olympics Harinam report
  56. Dandavats.com: Weekly Bhagavad-gita Phone Conference
  57. Dandavats.com: Service Opportunity available at ISKCON Orlando
  58. Dandavats.com: Teaching Principal Position Available
  59. Yoga of Ecology, Bhakta Chris, USA: Farmers Are The Founders Of Civilization
  60. Sita-pati dasa, AU: A free thinking mind is the devil's workshop!
  61. H.H. Bhakti Caitanya Swami: The "crime"
  62. Gouranga TV: Indradyumna Swami – Damodarastaka and Hare Krishna Kirtan – Vrindavan 2009 – Part 2
  63. More Recent Articles
  64. Search Planet ISKCON

ISKCON Brisbane, AU: Sri Rama Navami - 24th March

Email to a friendRelated


Maddy Jean-claude Durr, New Govardhana, AU: Another Aussie Journey. Brisbane Leg 06: Road Rage at Redcliff

Wednesday 10th, February 2010. I drove to Sakhi Rai's in the middle of the day. We were supposed to be on time and were told that "Maharaja will be waiting for you." This information was hardly the case when we arrived. We were thinking that we were late but it was some time before we left. We were following Gaura Hari to Redcliff. There was a four car convoy. Gaura and I pretended to race up the freeway and we lost track of the group. We were supposed to be following Niti but we made our own way.

Gaura took the exit to Redcliff and I just managed to follow him. The rest of the convoy managed to miss the exit and the whole group was in disarray. When we arrived in the township of Redcliff and Gaura Hari asked some locals where the hall was. We soon made our way there, before the rest of the convoy arrived. We had a similar situation last year, when I was leading a group, but the people I asked didn't even know of any halls. One local Gaura asked, suggested she could help him find Woolworths (nothing but a local supermarket). When we parked at the venue, it was only an hour until the show!

We came into yet another prestigious looking venue. Vraja Dham Prabhu was scheduled to film some of our acts so he could make some internet advertising for next year. Dina Dayal and the Manipuris were soon bouncing around the stage in full swing. We were backstage, calling each other on the internal intercom, until the staff members asked us to desist. Soon Maharaja came in and he anxiously set out three plates of Prasadam from his own personal supply. The Manipuris missed lunch and Maharaja was expressing his concern for them by feeding them his own food.

The show was going on smoothly, the only problem was some unscheduled applause and laughter, from the middle row. I could tell that it was a person with a mental disability, who was becoming overly excited at all the amazing sections of the show. Besides the distraction there were no ill feelings. It almost made us laugh, while we were standing before the large crowd.

I had some stray rounds so I decided to go down the back stairs to find some quiet time. I achieved the exact opposite of my desire; while I was sitting on the stairs I heard some distressful cries coming from below. I found a large group of people, cautiously crowded around a room. Maharaja was present and was looking very concerned. What seemed to have happened was that a man was having a negative reaction to some drugs that he had taken. He had snuck his way in the back door and had collapsed. The distress of the material world was clearly visible. Surely he had no plans to be like this when he started his endeavour for sense gratification but now he was helpless. Maharaja made sure the, now, large group of people had the situation handled and then we left the scene.

Madhava and I exited out into the front lobby earlier than usual. We beat the crowds from the audience and the other devotees. We had some conversation with a small group of assembled Vaisnavas before the waves of people exited the hall. We waited at the door, saying goodbye to the seemingly endless supply of people. There were hundreds of brightly lit, smiling faces. Even the staff members of the hall were taking photos with us. The night faded away and we stayed in the hall for some time longer. I sat with Mitch, local bhakta from Brisbane; Simon, our epic chariot driver of the Melbourne leg; and Simon's mother. Simon's mother was thrilled with the amazing presentation of Bhakti and gave us some nice feedback.

As if finding the hall was confusing, the return trip home was just as confusing. Cars were leaving the hall from all directions. We had no idea who we were supposed to be following but we just took a hunch. A small group of us pulled into a petrol station, hoping to regroup, and that just seemed to mix up the driving order even more. Finally it looked like we were heading in the right direction and we made our way, safely, back home.

Email to a friendRelated



ISKCON News.com: Chilean Earthquake Part of a Growing Trend

By MSNBC on 11 Mar 2010
Seismic shockers are to be expected, but planet seems to be more active in the last couple of decades.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: India's Holy Ganges to Get a Serious Cleanup

By KRISHNA POKHAREL for The Wall Street Journal on 13 Feb 2010
The government embarks on a $4 billion campaign to treat the heavily polluted waters of the revered river.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Icelanders Turn to God For Help in Man-Made Crisis

By Agence France-Presse for MSN News on 3 Mar 2010
Icelanders sought divine intervention to rescue their nation from a man-made situation -- the financial crisis that has shaken this once-prosperous nation.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Rickets is on the Rise Once Again in Britain

By E. Huff for Natural News on 9 Mar 2010
According to statistics, more than 50 percent of the adult population in the U.K. is deficient in vitamin D.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Switzerland Rejects Move to Provide Lawyers for Animals

By Imogen Foulkes for BBC News on 7 Mar 2010
Voters in Switzerland have rejected a proposal to introduce a nationwide system of state-funded lawyers to represent animals in court.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Nigeria Tackling Climate Change Through Religion

By Tunbosun Ogundare for The Daily Champion (Nigeria) on 4 Mar 2010
Interfaith forum is the first of its kind in Africa.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: 'Spiritual' Kerala Budget Taxes Drinks, Spares Religion

By Joe A Scaria for The Economic Times on 5 Mar 2010
The south Indian state mixes Christian values and public policy.
Email to a friendRelated


Pandu das: a personal case of removing obstacles

Although I began this blog with the full intention of describing how wonderful is the process of advancing in devotional service from my perspective, many readers have remarked that it’s overly negative. In fact, the theme of this blog is in describing my journey, and I’ve stuck to that even though it’s not been nearly as smooth and ecstatic as I expected. Although it may not be as inspiring to some people, I still think it has value.

But why must I be negative, peope ask. I don’t see it that way. To advance in any endeavor, obstacles must be overcome. What is an obstacle for one person may not be an obstacle for another, and visa versa. My challenge is that so far I have found that the men acting as gurus in Iskcon are a huge drain on my inspiration, enthusiasm, and hope for advancement in Krishna consciousness. There’s not much I can do about that externally; but it feels like they have some sort of psychic tentacles reaching into me, and I need to get them out. My writing here is a way of doing that.

I can appreciate them as aspiting devotees, but my spiritual connection is through Srila Prabhupada. Before my so-called initiation, I reluctantly accepted their version that serving them was the key to coming closer to Srila Prabhupada, but at least for me that has proven false. My initiation felt more like betraying my relationship Srila Prabhupada, and I am still struggling to recover from that mistake.

I could probably coexist peacefully even with these men posing as gurus, but they don’t allow it. They’ve labeled people like me as heretics and enemies. When I go to an Iskcon temple and someone asks me who is my guru, I’m obliged to lie. I’m not permitted to say Srila Prabhupada is my guru, and if I formally enter into a guru-disciple relationship with him, I expect I may be banned outright. At least I would have to pretend it didn’t happen.

Sometimes it’s said that one can be Srila Prabhupada’s disciple by following his instructions, but in Iskcon culture that does not hold true. For example, last year I debated with an anti-rtvik crusader, and when I did not find his arguments at all persuasive, he posted a series of derogatory e-mails about me to the “Prabhupada Disciples” PAMHO e-mail group. Because he is recognized as a disciple of Srila Prabhupada, he could do that, but I was not permitted to answer in my defense. It was only a few weeks earlier that he told me that following Srila Prabhupada makes me his disciple, but then he quickly proved the real value of that idea in Iskcon. I wonder if he noticed the irony.

This is the kind of stuff that has been going on in my interfacing with Iskcon devotees lately. A few weeks ago I remarked on a Facebook status update that my predominant feeling about my initiation in the six years since has been regret. One local mataji responded saying that attitude would destroy me. I countered by questioning her judgement based on the fact that she was worshipping a guru who, as a somewhat elderly sannyasi, had tried to have sex with his disciple, who was married to another disciple, after several years of manipulating her life based on his lust. (http://www.chakra.org/announcements/persDec26_07.html). That’s so spiritially abusive that it seems almost unreal. Being or accepting such a person as guru strikes me as a gross insult to the guru parampara. This was the same man who directly asked Srila Prabhupada on May 28, 1977, how initiations were to be conducted after his disappearance and was answered “Officiating Acarya,” a.k.a. “Rtvik.” Yet he went on to be a zonal acarya instead, which put him in a position to accept his crush as a disciple. He and his GBC/guru peers concealed Srila Prabhupada’s answer to the May 28 question for many years (the Lilamrta version is vastly different from the various transcriptions), undoubtedly because it stood as a threat to their desire to enjoy the role of guru. Even the tape itself was apparently doctored, as revealed in a professional forensic analysys commissioned by the GBC. How anyone can trust these people is beyond my comprehension.

Then in the past week one devotee took it upon himself to harrass me. I posted to the PAMHO Free Forum a link to the petition for the release of the rest of Srila Prabhupada’s audio recordings, which prompted a personal response from the Bhaktivedanta Archives. Then somehow this other devotee, who had harrassed me before before in e-mail, in the comments here, and in an online devotee forum. This instance was similar to the others, with his telling others that I’m just like a barking dog and should be ignored. As it turned out, I figured out that ignoring him was the only way to make him go away.

So I have so many people like this always trying to intrude on my sacred relationship with the man whom I’ve accepted as spiritual master and whom I believe intended to accept people like me. It is highly offensive to me, and sometimes it makes me angry. All I want to do is cultivate my relationship with Srila Prabhupada and with Krishna, being accepted in their temples, and not have people trying to force me to do it their way. For me, putting my spiritual life in the hands of another man is very difficult to do, but I trust Srila Prabhupada. I do not trust these other men at all, and I think there are more than enough reasons why.

This is my life, or at least part of it. My spiritual life at home is very nice, peaceful, and happy. But these self-appointed and voted-in gurus are a big obstacle to me, and moving forward includes getting their influence out of my life. I also feel like I should be free to attend and serve at the temples Srila Prabhupada established. I think he would want that. Ignoring the gurus won’t make them go away, so here I am writing and working through my issues with a little hope that a few more people will understand. Hare Krishna.

P.s. Please forgive any typing errors; I’m using thumbs on a BlackBerry.

Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Country Get Away: New Vrindaban Looking for Temporary Landscape Assistance

By Malati Devi on 10 Mar 2010

Play a vital role in staging the Festival of Inspiration.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Kadamba Kanana Swami


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Kadamba Kanana Swami - Srimad Bhagavatam 11.18.19



SB 11.18.19: Taking the food gathered through begging, one should leave the populated areas and go to a reservoir of water in a secluded place. There, having taken a bath and washed one's hands thoroughly, one should distribute portions of the food to others who may request it. One should do this without speaking. Then, having thoroughly cleansed the remnants, one should eat everything on one's plate, leaving nothing for future consumption.

SB 11.18.19: Tomar el alimento recolectado pidiendo limosna, uno debe salir del áreas pobladas y entrar en un depósito de agua en un lugar aislado. Allí, tomando un baño y lavándose; las manos a fondo, uno deben distribuir las porciones del alimento a otros que puedan pedirlo. Uno debe hacer esto sin hablar. Entonces, limpiando a fondo los remanente, uno debe comer todo lo que tenga, sin pensar en guardar nada para comer en el futuro.

Srimad Bhagavatam 11.18.19 - In the material world there is nothing worth hanging on to.

13.0MB

Posted by Tirthapada Dasa at 11/3/10; 8:05:17 AM to the Daily Class dept

Daily Class - Kadamba Kanana Swami


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Kadamba Kanana Swami - Srimad Bhagavatam 11.18.19

Email to a friendRelated


David Haslam, UK: Bringing Krishna into All Schools

The nice thing is developing bringing Krishna Consciousness in the schools within my local region, this has been an effort of several years but by the mercy of Guru and Krishna it has slowly evolved to the point were it is becoming difficult to balance work and preaching due to the increasing demand. One of the [...]

Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Food For Life Still Needs Your Help in Haiti

By Priya Vrata Dasa (Paul Turner) on 10 Mar 2010
The attention of the world may have turned to other things, but there's still so much to do.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: The Govind mas issue of "The Eight Petals" now available

By Vrndavanlila Devi on 10 Mar 2010

Bhakti Raghava Swami's newsletter on varnasrama


Email to a friendRelated


HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 371

3:55 A.M.

I woke up with a headache at 9.30 P.M. but subdued it. I then got up from bed at 2 A.M. My chanting has been in the mind but with clear pronunciation. I'm hearing each syllable of the holy names and getting some feeling for them. Hare Krishna Hare Krishna. They are names of Krishna and Radha, and you have to pay attention to them and be aware of what you're doing. This is the most important part of the day. You're calling on your Lords. My chanting was fast, and I've chanted twelve rounds already. The depth of the ecstasy of chanting is fathomless, and you have not gone deep yet. You play in the waters and at least stay submerged and attentive to what you're doing. But there's so much further to do. You have to be aware and cry. You have to be aware of the preciousness of the Nama Prabhu and approach Him with your whole heart and soul. Anything short of that is superficial. I know I have not reached the goal.

Diving deep, you
aspire for it,
but stay in the shallows
of the Names.
At least pay attention
to each passing mantra
and the meaning of the
syllables, Hare, Krishna, Rama.
You are calling to Radha
then calling to Krishna, then
calling to Radha then
calling on Krishna.
If
I can just meditate in
devotion to the sounds
I'll be saved from
distractions
and merged in highest love.

PDF PDF Download
Email to a friendRelated


HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: In Navadvipa with Prabhupada

Prabhupada Smaranam

With Prabhupada in Navadvipa

This is a picture of a pleasant visit Prabhupada made with his devotees to his godbrother Srila Sridhara Maharaja at his matha in Navadvipa. To get there we had to take a ferry. It was a motor run boat and was raised just a few inches above the water. It carried our car and a few others. As we crossed the quiet Ganges a few full-sized porpoises rose from the water and cruised right next to the ferry. As we landed on the other side a man boarded and frightened me by holding a just-severed goat's head in my face. I was terrified and disgusted as the man laughed in my face.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja's matha was located on a pleasant few acres with palm trees and a temple. We went to his room which was located on a second floor tower. He was not feeling very well as he sat in his chair holding a pole. He was tall and spoke fluent English. We disciples of Prabhupada were introduced to Sridhara Maharaja. I was introduced as the manager of the gurukula in Dallas and Maharaja encouraged me. After introductions, the two sadhus began to converse intimately in Bengali. Jayapataka Maharaja later told as they were talking on intimate points about Prahlada Maharaja and Hiranyakasipu. Jayapataka Maharaja said much of the discussion was over his head but that was very philosophical and interesting. We then bathed in the Ganges and honored a very nice prasadam feast. Pradyumna das who was on the far right on the photo (with his little son, Aniruddha) corrected me on where to place the tilaka marks on my fore arms. We stayed over night at the ashram, observed mangala arati the next morning before the Radha Krishna Deities and then prepared to leave. In the group photo we took before leaving, I am standing directly next to Sridhara Maharaja on his right. Prabhupada is standing surrounded by Hari Sauri and Jayapataka Maharaja.

PDF PDF Printer
Email to a friendRelated


HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: I Want to Be With You


1.

Krishna seems far away from me,
but actually He's close.
It's just that I don't care to
be with Him in divine loving
service. It's a pity.

Why am I so indifferent?
He is the most attractive person,
the source of all protection, and
He can give me eternal youth.

I don't understand why I don't
love Him more actively.
My love is like flameless red coals,
hot but not blazing. I want
to be with You in prayer and
active service.

I have lost the taste for preaching
and worshiping Him. Please
Lord, bring me back, wake
me up to the fact that I
need You desperately, that without You
I will soon perish and
have to enter into another
material body for suffering the four
fold miseries.

Why can't I be wise at
seventy years old? Why am I
occupied with trivialities?
I want to cry out to You,
and I'm starting to do
it now in this poem.

Lord Hari, four-armed
and two-armed lover
of the gopis, friend of
all living entities, so
great we can't estimate
You, but we can offer You
a leaf or water
or fruit in devotion,
and You will be
pleased.

2.

As Lord Caitanya, Nrsimhananda Brahmacari
meditated and made You a road
of jewels in his mind. Prabhupada
says the road of jewels in the
mind was as good as actual jewels,
just devotional service is what counts.
And then You went to Rama-keli
and hundreds and thousands of
people followed You. The Muslim ruler asked his secretary
what was Your influence. The
secretary played as a diplomat
to protect You and said,
"Oh he is just a mendicant.
Just a few people follow
Him. Don't disturb Him, there
is no profit in it, only loss."
And he warned You the Muslim
ruler might get jealous so You
ought to leave.

The pastimes of Lord Caitanya are
as interesting as the lila of Krishna
in Vrndavana. Pure devotees have
eternal bodies as gurus, and
they also have eternal identities as
females in Vraja and
as males in Caitanya lila.
I want to enter a body
and mindset where I think
of You always and chant
Your names. I want my
devotion to blaze.

Can I help myself with a
poem, with a simple song
of recitation of Your glories?
And what else do I have
to do? Do I have to go to
Trinidad to give lectures?
Do I need to read more
in my master's books
and help people in Krishna
consciousness?

Let me come alive and in these
last years. I don't want
to die before I'm dead. I want to love You
with intensity. I want
to be a genuine bhakta. I pray You'll help me
more quickly to that
direction to cry out
and be with You.

PDF Create PDF

Email to a friendRelated


HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: ISKCON Artists Boston 1970s

Free write

These are pictures of the ISKCON artists working in Boston in 1970. Bharadraja is painting Lord Caitanya taming the wild beasts in the jungle by His chanting of the holy names. Murali-dhara is touching up a picture of four-headed Lord Brahma in Satyaloka. The devotees hadn't been painting so long, but they were learning by working. This was a favorite policy of Prabhupada's: A book distributor would learn how to sell books by doing it, a manager would learn on the job. The artists made mistakes and were awkward at first, but they would work so hard and constantly that they would quickly learn. Prabhupada didn't even like the idea of their studying the great masters in painting. They should just paint by their own abilities. Prabhupada had introduced paintings as illustrations for his books. He initially asked Jadurani to paint dozens of pictures of Krishna's pastimes for his Krishna book. Some of the paintings were obviously beginners work, but he saw some sincerity in them and he published them. Gradually the artists grew efficient in a realistic style of figures painted according to the way they were described in the scriptures literally.

They worked in a rather large area on a second floor with lots of windows. About six painters could work at one time, with lamps clamped to their canvases. They'd listen to Prabhupada's lectures or bhajans of him singing while they painted, and they considered their lives blissful. Working on the Press in separation from Prabhupada while he toured the world produced intense dedication. The painters felt dedicated. During this early time I was the manager of the painting department. I didn't have many duties. I assigned the pictures, managed the personnel and my main job turn out to be how to restrain the devotees from working too much. Painting was a service that gave the painters great enthusiasm, and they worked all day and night, and I had to tear them away from their canvases. They were in a mood of painting in a marathon spirit, and Prabhupada encouraged it. When the paintings were completed and used in the books the originals were put in simple frames and hung in the temples. Prabhupada personally gave instructions by mail as to how to exactly the characters should be painted. Arjuna should not wear a mustache, Radharani's feet should not show, as a sign of Her modesty. And he liked bright colors. Jadurani kept painting men with long curly hair below their shoulders. Prabhupada had a hard time curing her of this habit. He wanted the hair only down to their shoulders. Prabhupada declared the paintings were "windows to the spiritual sky" and were worshipable objects, like Deities.

PDF PDF Creator
Email to a friendRelated


Nityananda Chandra Das, Dallas TX: my latest twitter updates

    Posted: 10 Mar 2010 07:02 AM PST
    http://bit.ly/coio0K People don't care to know how much you know, they want to know how much you care. - @Advaitacarya Das [15:02:55]

    Posted: 10 Mar 2010 06:25 AM PST
    Zero has no value. But you bring one by the side of zero, it becomes ten times beautiful, immediately. http://bit.ly/bJBBZc [14:25:27]

    Posted: 10 Mar 2010 05:26 AM PST
    We say "sunshine," not "shine." Sunshine. Therefore as soon as there is consciousness, it must be Krsna consciousness. http://bit.ly/bNsBvG [13:26:06]

    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 11:10 PM PST
    http://bit.ly/9Y6MV3 When you are accustomed to see, as soon as you close your eyes, immediately see Krsna's feet, then you (can) go further [07:10:18]

    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 08:03 PM PST
    http://bit.ly/bDJgKF Krishna Conscious Bon fire [04:03:40]

    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 07:39 PM PST
    Servant of Nama -holy name -ruci taste Nama include all Krishna- Nama Ruci Das - Richie http://twitpic.com/17nnwd [03:39:25]

    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 07:34 PM PST
    Servant of the Queen of Varshana Radha & Kirtida- Varshanirani Dasi- Bhagavati from Houston [03:34:27]

    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 07:30 PM PST
    Kalindi Dasi - Lindy servant of Kalindi onenof the most merciful personalities
    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 07:26 PM PST
    http://twitpic.com/17nloa the servant of the husband of the goddess of fortune Madhava Das - Michael [03:26:15]

    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 07:23 PM PST
    Sundari Priya Devi Dasi servant of most beautiful Gopi Radharani - Vrindas mom http://twitpic.com/17nlbm [03:23:41]

    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 05:14 PM PST
    http://twitpic.com/17mvor http://twitpic.com/17mvse 9 ppl getting initiated http://twitpic.com/17mw0b Giriraj S & Indradyumna Swamis [01:14:04]

    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 04:19 PM PST
    http://bit.ly/cQ2Qvc 'Book distribution eradicates miseries' class by Danakeli Prabhu. Wonderful class [00:19:48]

    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 04:17 PM PST
    http://bit.ly/dilQl9 "Spiritual means to remember Krishna, Material means to forget Krishna" -Srila Prabhupada quoted by -Urjasvat Prabhu [00:17:59]

    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 04:01 PM PST
    I rated a YouTube video (5 out of 5 stars) -- Queen Kunti's Prayers http://youtu.be/oUjUFvJ31F8?a [00:01:14]

    Queen Kunti's Prayers


    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 03:11 PM PST
    http://bit.ly/dr2XwS Initiation Ceremony tonight by Giriraj Swami & Indradyumna Swami everyone is invited, or watch live. @ 6pm!!!!!!!!!!!! [23:11:58]

    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 05:40 AM PST
    http://bit.ly/dr2XwS HH Indradyumna Swami is giving class & HH Giriraj Swami & HH Guru Prasad Swami are also in the temple room [13:40:40]

    Posted: 08 Mar 2010 09:05 PM PST
    tam.com/1/9 [05:05:34]

    Posted: 08 Mar 2010 09:05 PM PST
    Reading Srimad Bhagavatam 1 Canto 9th Chap http://www.srimadbhagava [05:05:31]

    Posted: 08 Mar 2010 04:28 PM PST
    Got a good yoga class lined up for tonight [00:28:51]

    Posted: 08 Mar 2010 06:09 AM PST
    http://bit.ly/aQdpWJ Guru Prasad Swami is giving class [14:09:58]


    Email to a friendRelated


    Japa Group: Full Of Glorification Of Such Chanting


    We should know that if we chant one maha-mantra and actually listen to it—hearing it—we have done something wonderful and our life is already successful. Focused chanting is actually the clearing stage of japa (namabhasa) and the scriptures are full of glorification of such chanting…

    Japa: Nine Keys from the Siksastakam to Improve Your Japa

    by Bhurijana dasa
    Email to a friendRelated


    ISKCON Toronto, Canada: Vasesika das comes back to Toronto!

    Over the past few months, the Hare Krishna Community at ISKCON Toronto has seen an encouraging growth in the Sankirtan efforts. Sankirtan is the form of sharing bhakti or Krishna Consciousness with the public through books and outdoor kirtan. This has been due to the inspiration of Vaisesika das, who in his previous visits to Toronto has empowered and inspired devotees to go out on the streets and become ambassdors of good will!

    Vaisesika das will be joining us in New Remuna Dham, again for an extended weekend of Sankirtan bliss from March 12th to March 15th! During his stay, there will be a variety of programs including special Bhagavatam classes in the morning from 7:45am - 9:00am on Overcoming Obstacles in Krishna Consciousness, a seminar on importance of Goal Setting, a Bhajan and Pizza night and much much more!

    Vaisesika das will also be taking the devotees out on the streets on Saturday on a fun Sankirtan experience. He will also be giving a very special Sunday Feast Class and will lead us in an ecstatic 8pm arati! Please mark your calendars and come out for this extended weekend of bliss!

    For more information about the seminars, please visit the New Sankirtan blog or click on the image to see the full schedule!

    We look forward to seeing you at these events!

    Email to a friendRelated


    Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: Blood Clots/Stroke – They Now Have a Fourth Indicator, the Tongue

    From an email:

    INFORMATION EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW………………………
    Blood Clots/Stroke – They Now Have a Fourth Indicator, the Tongue

    I will continue to forward this every time it comes around!

    STROKE:Remember the 1st Three Letters…..S.T.R.

    My nurse friend sent this and encouraged me to post it and spread the word. I agree.

    If everyone can remember something this simple, we could save some folks. Seriously.

    Please read:

    STROKE IDENTIFICATION:

    During a BBQ, a friend stumbled and took a little fall – she assured everyone that she was fine (they offered to call paramedics) .she said she had just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes.

    They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food. While she appeared a bit shaken up, Ingrid went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening

    Ingrid’s husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital – (at 6:00 pm Ingrid passed away.) She had suffered a stroke at the BBQ. Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Ingrid would be with us today.. Some don’t die they end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead.

    It only takes a minute to read this…

    A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke…totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.

    RECOGNIZING A STROKE

    Thank God for the sense to remember the ‘3′ steps, STR . Read and Learn!

    Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

    Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

    S *Ask the individual to SMILE.
    T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)
    (i.e. It is sunny out today.)
    R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

    If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

    New Sign of a Stroke ——– Stick out Your Tongue

    NOTE: Another ’sign’ of a stroke is this: Ask the person to ’stick’ out his tongue… If the tongue is ‘crooked’, if it goes to one side or the other, that is also an indication of a stroke.

    A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.

    I have done my part. Will you?


    Filed under: Health
    Email to a friendRelated


    Ananda Subramanian, Iowa, USA: its all about communication

    Email to a friendRelated


    H.H. Bhaktimarg Swami: Tuesday, March 9th, 2010

    The Right Questions

    Toronto, Ontario

    "Excuse me, sir," said the man at such a time (3 a.m.). I stopped.

    "Thank you for treating me like a person," he went on as he reached out for a handshake.

    I reciprocated and was poised to listen. He carried on speaking.

    "I'm a homeless person for a couple of hours..."

    "Oh, for a couple of hours? And you want some money to spend for a couple of hours until you're no longer homeless?" I smacked with some sarcasm. "No thanks," I added.

    As I walked away at his reputed sleeze section of Yonge St. and chanted on my meditation beads, I thought the guy to be at least a portion honest, admitting to not being full time "homeless". I also began to think, "Wouldn't it be nice if he could just ask the right question?"

    Instead of "can you spare a little change?" perhaps we could revert to something that could bear more substance. Questions such as "What is life all about? Why am I here? Who am I really?" would be true refreshing inquiries.

    If all we really crave for in life is a beer, drugs, a coffee or wearing cool jeans, we are missing the point. If our questions circle around such trivial matters, what good do we hope to achieve?

    I suppose one of the most gripping set of questions that are meaningful came from Sanatan Goswami, a government person who turned monk. He approached with all humility the great Chaitanya expressing openly that he was learned, well-read, established, well-off, but he didn't know his true identity. He started asking relevant questions seeking answers that would make a transformational difference in his life.

    Some of the part and full-time homeless as well as home owners might do well to explore the right questions to ask and eventually through the mature response gain hope and look at the world from a different perspective.

    5 KM

    Email to a friendRelated


    Manoj, Melbourne, AU: 192. Mayapur 2010 – Part 1

    It just felt terriffic to be back at Mayapur ! And that is why there hasn’t been any posts for a long time. When in Mayapur or Vrindhavan, I have found the internet to be very slow. So, I decided to wait till I get back. Once I got back, I was jet lagged for a good 4 days and now I am doing good.

    I had a chance to visit Navadwip and visit places of Mahaprabhu’s pastimes, celebrated Gaura Purnima with 800 odd Russian devotees, prayed on the banks of the Ganga, enjoyed my daily lunch at Madhu bakery and immersed in the wonderful lectures of His Holiness Bhakti Caru Swami, Bhakti Vaibhav Swami, Bhakti Vikasa Swami, Jayapataka Swami (via TV) and other guru maharajas. And you can’t forget the long stares at Lord Narasimha, Pancha-Tattva and Sri Radha Madhava deities. Here is the first picture I took while there :

    " Let there be Victory ! "

    Also, in this visit running up to 9 days, 8 nights, I decided that I would study the Sri Siksastaka prayers (the 8 holy verses of Lord Chaitanya) for the 8 nights I intended to be here. It wasn’t easy as I thought but the attempt was made. So, here is the first verse :

    Let there be all victory for the chanting of the holy name of Lord Krishna, which can cleanse the mirror of the heart and stop the miseries of the blazing fire of material existence. That chanting is the waxing moon that spreads the white lotus of good fortune for all living entities. It is the life and soul of all education. The chanting of the holy name of Krishna expands the blissful ocean of transcendental life. It gives a cooling effect to everyone and enables one to taste full nectar at every step.


    Email to a friendRelated


    Srila Prabhupada's Letters

    1969 March 10: "Guru Krishna. Only by the mercy of the Spiritual Master and Krishna can one get Krishna Consciousness. Narada Muni is our Spiritual Master. He has dragged so many fallen souls to Krishna. We are also hoping to be dragged by Him through the disciplic succession."
    Prabhupada Letters :: 1969

    Email to a friendRelated


    Srila Prabhupada's Letters

    1969 March 10: "Regarding Back To Godhead circulation, I shall be glad to know what is the decision of the National Distributer. If we can print 25,000 of BTG, and 5,000 copies each of my books, I think that will be sufficient engagement for the newly started press."
    Prabhupada Letters :: 1969

    Email to a friendRelated


    Srila Prabhupada's Letters

    1969 March 10: "Submit us every month a list of 1,000 libraries. We shall dispatch free copies. And there are so many public libraries and university libraries who should receive them. So this business has to be organized and I hope you will do the needful."
    Prabhupada Letters :: 1969

    Email to a friendRelated


    Srila Prabhupada's Letters

    1970 March 10: "As Lord Buddha appeared at Gaya in Behar, Lord Caitanya appeared at Navadvipa in Bengal. We accept both as incarnations of God. Now it is a great opportunity that one of my students has gone to your country to spread the gospel of Krishna Consciousness under superior order."
    Prabhupada Letters :: 1970

    Email to a friendRelated


    Srila Prabhupada's Letters

    1970 March 10: "The richest nation in the world is producing a class of men completely confused and frustrated in life. I have dealt with them very intimately, and the cause of their unhappiness is not material want, but an insufficiency of spiritual comforts."
    Prabhupada Letters :: 1970

    Email to a friendRelated


    Srila Prabhupada's Letters

    1971 March 10: "Dear Sri Birlaji, We have come from America with forty disciples and wish to stay at the Birla Guest House during Gaura Purnima. Unfortunately, Sri Bhakti Vilas Tirtha did not allow us. May you kindly ask him to do the needful."
    Prabhupada Letters :: 1971

    Email to a friendRelated


    Srila Prabhupada's Letters

    1973 March 10: "He was engaged in working on our books. Such a talent is not so easily replaced, so we must try to bring him back to the standard for his own benefit."
    Prabhupada Letters :: 1973

    Email to a friendRelated


    Srila Prabhupada's Letters

    1973 March 10: "I have no objection to your establishing a center but these matters I am leaving up to my GBC. The representative for your area is presently traveling with me as my secretary for one month. He will be returning soon and he can see you personally in the matter."
    Prabhupada Letters :: 1973

    Email to a friendRelated


    H.H. Bhakticharu Swami: HH Bhakti Tirtha Swami's Vyasapuja

    The following lecture was given by H.H. Bhakti Charunbsp; Swami Maharaja on the appearance day of HH Bhakti Tirtha Swami Maharaja ndash; February 22, 2010, in Mayapur.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Sutapa das, BV Manor, UK: Absolute Knowledge

    Life is hectic. I like to read spiritual literature on a daily basis but quite often it's just not possible. In the Bhagavad-gita, Krishna uses a number of metaphors to describe the power of transcendental knowledge (jnana).

    Jnana-agni – "The fire of knowledge". The Vedic literatures explain how we enter this world with a karmic 'bank balance'. Day-to-day experiences are not just random occurrences or karmic reactions disposed by an insensitive God who wants His subjects to suffer. Rather, the purpose of karma is educational. You could call it cosmic sensitivity training. Experiences and events are meant to teach us a better way to live and interact with the world. If one accrues this knowledge by reading books, and imbibes such knowledge within themselves, then such karma is not required. Thus, knowledge is described as the fire which can burn up all of one's karmic reactions.

    Jnana-plava – "The boat of knowledge." The world we are living in is compared to an ocean. We may go for a dip in the water now and again, but eventually we need to return to our natural habitat. Salt water and dangerous creatures make things a little uncomfortable. Similarly, although there is undoubtedly some pleasure in this world, nobody can escape the harsh realities. There are distresses caused by one's own body & mind, distresses caused by other living beings and distresses caused by nature. Spiritual knowledge is the boat which protects one from the sufferings of this oceanic world and simultaneously carries one across to the spiritual realm where unending and ever-increasing happiness is found.

    Jnana-dipena – "The lamp of knowledge." Walking in the dark is quite dangerous. You struggle to reach your desired destination and in the process you get a few painful knocks. The lamp of knowledge acts to warn us of the possible obstacles and impediments that we may come across in our spiritual endeavours. Amidst so many wordly demands, the lamp of knowledge also keeps our consciousness awake to the ultimate goal of life, ensuring we reach the correct destination at the end of our sojourn in this world.

    Jnana-asina – "The sword of knowledge." Leave your garden unattended for a year and many weeds will manifest. The longer you neglect them, the harder they are to uproot, and after a while you may just decide to give up. Similarly, the garden of spirituality will have its fair share of weeds in the form of doubts. Am I missing out on something? Have I made the right decisions? Will I be able to continue on this path for the rest of my life? Leave those doubts unattended and they become quite deep-rooted. Thus, knowledge is compared to a sword which cuts the doubts, and helps one remain determined and fixed on the spiritual journey.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Sastra Dana, San Diego, USA: Kelly & Coral

    dsc023221

    To learn more about this shot CLICK HERE.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Sastra Dana, San Diego, USA: Volume 12, Issue 1

    1201_page_1

    1201_page_2

    1201_page_3

    1201_page_4

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: Outer Space or Inner? - De Ville with an Aura

    By Praghosa Dasa

    "There should be somewhere on earth, a place which no nation could claim as its own, where all human beings of good will who have a sincere aspiration, could live freely as citizens of the world and obey one single authority, that of the supreme truth; a place of peace, concord and harmony" "An Aurovilian should lose the sense of personal possession. For our passage in the material world, what is indispensable to our life and to our action is put at our disposal according to the place we must occupy.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Akrura das, Gita Coaching: SELF WORTH

    You are an eternal servant of Krsna, sat-cit-ananda - eternal, full of knowledge and bliss.

    You are dear to Krsna, otherwise why He would make so many arrangements so you may go back to Him.

    He wants you to come back to Him at least 10 times more than you want it.

    He has everything except your love, so He wants you back.

    You belong to Him.

    You are meant to please Him.

    You are meant to be happy with Him.

    So you have an amazing worth.

    If you are dear and important to God, who is your very source, what more self-worth do you want?

    Email to a friendRelated


    Sastra Dana, San Diego, USA: Without The Head, The Body Is Dead

    headless

    Srila Prabhupada’s letter to Patita Uddharana Dec. 8, I97I

    This routine work, such as chanting, speaking, rising early, cleaning, cooking and offering prasadam, arati, reading books–these activities are the backbone of our Society, and if we practice them nicely in a regulative manner, then our whole program will be successful. If we become slack or neglect these things, then everything else we may try will fail. So it is very important that you keep your standards very high in these activities, then your preaching will be strong. Preaching is our real business, preaching and distributing books. If your preaching work is strong, then your management of temple affairs will also become automatically very strong. Just like if the head wills it, the hands will move. Preaching is like the head of our Krishna conscious Society–if the head is removed, the whole body dies. Managing is the hands, which work nicely if the head is healthy. If the hands are removed, the body will not die, but it will be crippled. So preaching is more important than management, but both must be there if the whole body is to operate nicely.

    —————————–

    In the above letter, Srila Prabhupada is telling us how important the missionary work of spreading Krishna consciousness is for our society. Srila Prabhupada particularly emphasises the importance of distributing literature. He compares it to the head of the body, whereas the body is compared to our society. The head can someheow survive without the limbs, but the limbs and the rest of the body can not survive without the head. That’s how important missionary work is.

    At Sastra Dana, we continue our best to maintain the head, the sanity, the spiritual health of this society, by distributing the message of Krishna consciousness.

    Here we’re presenting you with a few photos from the field. They are explained in the captions.

    We are also very happy to report to you that our newspaper publication, 16Rounds to Samadhi, has been having a great deal of success. Many places where we were previously unable to place books are now allowing us to distribute our newspaper there. The newspaper’s content consists of Srila Prabhupada’s teachings and very often sections from Srila Prabhupada’s books. The reason why the newspaper is being accepted in the stores such as Ralphs, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, etc., is that the newspaper has a less of a religious appearance, though the content is the same. We will tell you more about that in the next issue.

    Thank you for your continuous support. May Krishna and Srila Prabhupada bless you with unlimited mercy. Be sure that you are doing the most important service in the universe by helping to extend the Krishna conscious gifts to the world. There is nothing as important as education, the education about the difference between matter and spirit and the nature of each respectively.

    Kasyapa Prabhu places a Sastra Dana book rack in a hair salon in San Diego, Pacific Beach.

    Kasyapa Prabhu places a Sastra Dana book rack in a hair salon in San Diego, Pacific Beach.

    The owner of the hair salon in San Diego, Pacific Beach.

    The owner of the hair salon in San Diego, Pacific Beach.

    Kasyapa Prabhu, a gentle giant, entertains owner's kids.

    Kasyapa Prabhu, a gentle giant, entertains owner's kids.

    Coral & Kelly place a Sastra Dana book rack in a vegetarian restaurant in San Diego.

    Coral & Kelly place a Sastra Dana book rack in a vegetarian restaurant in San Diego.

    Coral & the Sastra Dana book rack.

    Coral & the Sastra Dana book rack.

    Sastra Dana book rack at the entrance of this vegetarian restaurant in San Diego, waiting to benefit and change lives of the restaurant's guests.

    Sastra Dana book rack at the entrance of this vegetarian restaurant in San Diego, waiting to benefit and change lives of the restaurant's guests.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: Ekadasi Alert

    By Dravida dasa

    ...devotees in Los Angeles and all devotees living in places due north or south of LA, or west of the city (including in Hawaii), should observe it as stated on the calendar, namely on the 10th.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: Devotee Care Committee meetings in Mayapur - 7th to 10th Feb 2010

    By Vijay Venugopal dasa

    With expert help from Urmila dd, we finalised the methodology of our meetings. We would first agree on 'Where we are' in terms of Devotee Care in Iskcon, 'Where we want to go' (goals), and 'How to get there' (Action plans).

    Email to a friendRelated


    Mayapur Online: Grahila Prabhu- Ready to go!

    Since the last bulletin on Grahila prabhu's health things have changed quite drastically. After a short period of improvement wherein it seemed some of the tumors in his head, neck and chest had disappeared, the last few days have again brought adversity.

    There is no need to go into details here except to say that Grahila prabhu has now decided that it is time to depart.

    read more

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: Chile earthquake, temple collapse

    By Baladeva das

    Unfortunately we take the decision to close the temple for danger of collapse. His Lordships Sri Sri Gaura Nitay will go to the house of the Pujari.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: Should you sign a Petition?

    By Ekanatha dasa

    We need to complete the archival process in a professional manner so that Srila Prabhupada's teachings are accurate and will not leave questions as to the provenance of the collection as we have seen throughout history with other mainstream groups that are struggling with authenticity.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: Malati out of hospital

    Malati dasi: Hare Krishna! Dandavats and all glories to Srila Prabhupada and his wonderful disciples and followers. It has come to my attention that there is a message on Dandevats regarding my hospitalization.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: Yoga Teacher Training - Affordable in Alachua

    Heather Tessele: Training for curriculum and description. Registered students bring a friend for weekend Yoga Boot Camp, your friend pays only $35 plus donation. Fee $1385

    Email to a friendRelated


    H.H. Bhakticharu Swami: Remembering Srila Tamal Krishna Goswami

    The following lecture was given by H.H. Bhakti Charunbsp; Swami Maharaja on the disappearance day of Srila Tamal Krishna Goswami - February 15th, 2010, in Mayapur.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: Kuli Mela 2010 - New Mayapura France

    Kuli Mela Organizers: The Organizing Team for Kuli Mela 2010 - New Mayapur France is happy to officially announce the dates and place for this second European reunion, after the first successful gathering which took place in Radhadesh, Belgium in 2008.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: Free PDF material

    Vrsabha das: I have written a book originally in Croatian language that has been recently translated and edited for English-speaking readers. The book's title is "On the way to the truth".

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: The Eight Petals for Govind mas released

    Vrndavanlila dd (Dr Vrinda Baxi): With the blessings of Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga, sixth issue of Varnasrama Newsletter: THE EIGHT PETALS for Govind Mas is available at: http://www.varnasrama.org/files/Govinda_mas1.pdf

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: ISKCON Vrindavan Vraja Mandal Parikrama (Post Gaura Purnima Festival)

    Lakshman (das) Vrindavan (IN): As per the tradition, for the benefit of the visiting international devotees ISKCON Vrindavan organizes Vraja darshan programs ( visiting the various places in Vraja dham where Lord Sri Krishna performed pastimes ), lectures by HH Janananda Swami and HH Prabodhananda Sarasvati Swami.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: Inspiration Explosion Devotion (IED) Album released in Kolkata

    Ekalavya (das) (Aravade - IN): What do Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Hare Krishna, Indian Classical Music, Jazz, Club and Dub have in common? Inspiration Explosion - the new devotional music album from Hare Krishna jazz trumpet player Ekalavya Das and friends.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: Vancouver's 2010 Winter Olympics Harinam report

    Jaya Govinda Dasa: ISKCON Vancouver's Harinams were extra special last month. Coinciding with the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics the atmosphere in Vancouver was unbelievably festive

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: Weekly Bhagavad-gita Phone Conference

    Bhayahari dasa: Please join us for a weekly (free) phone conference on the Bhagavad-gita As It Is. This is very nice way to read the Gita in a systematic manner.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: Service Opportunity available at ISKCON Orlando

    Gauranga prasad das.BVKS: ISKCON of Orlando, Florida Catering department is looking for an expert male cook. This is an earning opportunity for the right candidate and for the prasadam distribution programme.

    Email to a friendRelated


    Dandavats.com: Teaching Principal Position Available

    Bhakta Leonardo: The Bhaktivedanta Swami Gurukula School is currently seeking to employ a full time School Principal. This is a full time salaried position. It is a wonderful opportunity to serve Srila Prabhupada, the younger devotee generation and the future of ISKCON

    Email to a friendRelated


    Yoga of Ecology, Bhakta Chris, USA: Farmers Are The Founders Of Civilization

    From our friend Madhava Ghosh's blog "View From A New Vrindaban Ridge"

    From an email I received:

    "When tillage begins, other arts follow. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of human civilization." Daniel Webster

    Which echoes Prabhupada when he says:

    "Without protection of cows, brahminical culture cannot be maintained; and without brahminical culture, the aim of life cannot be fulfilled."

    Srimad Bhagavatam 8.24.5

    Cow protection includes agriculture because the dung is used for fertilizer and the bull used for traction. Not slaughtering animals is a specific feature of true Vaisnava agriculture.

    A follow up email I received:

    I found the original quoted extract in the last paragraph of a speech Daniel Webster delivered to the Massachusetts Legislature (Boston, 13 January 1840):

    "Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. Man may be civilized, in some degree, without great progress in manufactures and with little commerce with his distant neighbors. But without the cultivation of the earth, he is, in all countries, a savage. Until he gives up the chase, and fixes himself in some place and seeks a living from the earth, he is a roaming barbarian. When tillage begins, other arts follow. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of human civilization."

    The speech is printed in its entirety in The Works of Daniel Webster, Vol. 1, 7th ed. (Boston: Little, Brown and Co., 1853), pp. 443-457 . (See enclosed attachment.) This lawyer and politician had a great interest in and knowledge of agriculture. He discoursed confidently on crop rotation and fallowing, the importance of manure, winter feeding of livestock, the best breeds of sheep and cows, etc.

    Of course, his perspective was not that of a Vaishnava; he viewed as normal the raising of animals for slaughter, for example, but the bulk of what he said seems quite intelligent. His stamina and productivity were amazing; at one time he was employed for a dollar a day as the principal of an academy while working as a recorder of land deeds and also studying law in his spare time!

    Email to a friendRelated


    Sita-pati dasa, AU: A free thinking mind is the devil's workshop!

    ...I do believe you mean "Satan's Slave". #apostrophefail

    Email to a friendRelated


    H.H. Bhakti Caitanya Swami: The "crime"

    Dear devotees, Please accept my best wishes. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. I last wrote a few days ago, but I thought I would write again as one particular incident has occurred which was quite important. I flew to Kuala Lumpur on the 27th morning, and arrived there around 6am local time. The 28th of course was Gaura [...]

    Email to a friendRelated


    Gouranga TV: Indradyumna Swami – Damodarastaka and Hare Krishna Kirtan – Vrindavan 2009 – Part 2

    Indradyumna Swami – Damodarastaka and Hare Krishna Kirtan – Vrindavan 2009 – Part 2

    Email to a friendRelated


    More Recent Articles



    Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "Planet ISKCON" or change your subscription or subscribe


    Unsubscribe from all current and future newsletters powered by FeedBlitz
    Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498


















    TABLA - FUENTES - FONTS


    SOUV2BalaramScaGoudyFOLIO 4.2Biblica Font







    free counters


    Disculpen las Molestias



    Planet ISKCON - 2010  ·  Planet ISKCON - 2011

    No hay comentarios:

    Correo Vaishnava

    Mi foto
    Spain
    Correo Devocional

    Archivo del blog