lunes, 10 de mayo de 2010

Planet ISKCON - 32 new articles

 

Your email updates, powered by FeedBlitz

 
Here are the latest updates for sricaitanyamahaprabhu.juanymecky@blogger.com

"Planet ISKCON" - 32 new articles

  1. ISKCON Toronto, Canada: Deity Darshan: Sunday, May 9, 2010
  2. ISKCON Toronto, Canada: Interpersonal Devotee Relationships Seminar this Monday!
  3. ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Nanda Mandir Prabhu
  4. Kurma dasa, AU: The Good Time Rolls
  5. Bharatavarsa.net: Bhakti Vikasa Swami: Sri Krsna Govinda Hari Murare
  6. Kurma dasa, AU: A Huge Celery
  7. H.H. Sivarama Swami
  8. Bharatavarsa.net: Book distribution seminar: Srimad Bhagvatam can free us from all anxieties
  9. Book Distribution News: Srimad Bhagvatam can free us from all anxieties
  10. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  11. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  12. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  13. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  14. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  15. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  16. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  17. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  18. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  19. Japa Group: I Don't Let It Stop My Japa
  20. H.H. Satsvarupa das Goswami: '431' from The Yellow Submarine
  21. H.H. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 'Prabhupada Interview' from The Yellow Submarine
  22. H.H. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 'I'm Going to Get Better' from The Yellow Submarine
  23. H.H. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 'Cruelty' from The Yellow Submarine
  24. H.H. Sivarama Swami: Morning kirtana on Sunday the 9th
  25. Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: The Story Of Cap and Trade
  26. H.H. Sivarama Swami: Sixteen rounds minimum, is not the maximum we are meant to chant
  27. Yoga of Ecology, Bhakta Chris, USA: Europe Finds Clean Energy In Trash, But U.S Lags
  28. Syamesvari dd: Happy Mothers Day!!
  29. Gouranga TV: ISKCON Coventry Birmingham Kirtan On Mother Day
  30. Sita-pati dasa, AU: Canberra - "Meeting Place"
  31. Hari Sauri das, Mayapura, IN: Q&As: #2 from Russia
  32. ISKCON Melbourne, AU: June Hare Krishna Valley Retreat
  33. More Recent Articles
  34. Search Planet ISKCON

ISKCON Toronto, Canada: Deity Darshan: Sunday, May 9, 2010


Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON Toronto, Canada: Interpersonal Devotee Relationships Seminar this Monday!

H.G Rohini Priya Das will be visiting ISKCON Toronto and conducting a seminar this Monday at 6:30pm. The topic of this seminar is "Interpersonal Devotee Relationships".

Rohini Priya Das is known for his vast knowledge & realization, combined with humility and a warm, loving disposition. He graduated as a doctor of Medicine from Prune university and for the last 17 years he has been actively distributing the message of Bhagavad Gita to thousands of Engineering and Medical students as well as other professionals all over India, Mauritius, USA, and Canada. He is currently serving as one of the Vice Presidents at ISKCON Chowpatty, Mumbai.

The seminar is open for all, for more information please contact us. We look forward to seeing you at this seminar!

Email to a friendRelated



ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Nanda Mandir Prabhu

Srimad Bhagavatam 11.20.20 - Make love for Krsna the goal for your mind.

Email to a friendRelated


Kurma dasa, AU: The Good Time Rolls

R from South Africa wrote me:

"Can you share with us the recipe for 'Feta and Potato Spring Rolls with Green Pea Chutney'"

My reply: Yes! Here it is:

springrolls:

Feta & Potato Spring Rolls with Green Pea Chutney

Although it may seem an unlikely combination, herbed potato mixed with feta cheese and fried in crispy spring roll wrappers really does work incredibly well. And as far as the super-quick, super-quirky green pea chutney goes, that's also surprisingly delicious. Serves 4-6

600g (1¼ pounds) potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks, 4 tablespoons butter, 200g (7 ounces) feta cheese, cut into tiny cubes, ½-1 teaspoon salt, depending on the saltiness of the feta, 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1-2 tablespoons fresh mint, coriander or parsley, chopped, 16 spring roll wrappers, 1 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch), made into a paste with a little cold water, oil for deep-frying, green pea chutney to serve (recipe follows).

Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until soft. Mash them thoroughly with the butter, and fold in the feta, salt, pepper and herbs.

Divide the mixture into 16, and roll each portion into a log about 12cm (4½ inches) long. Place a log near the corner of a spring roll sheet.

Roll the sheet over the filling, tuck in the sides, and roll up tightly. Seal the final corner with a dab of paste. Continue filling the remaining spring rolls. Heat the oil over moderate heat until fairly hot.

Deep-fry the spring rolls, turning once, for about 45 seconds, or until lightly browned, and drain on paper towels.

Serve hot or warm with the green pea chutney.

Green Pea Chutney

Adapted from a recipe by Yamuna Devi from her award-winning book "Yamuna's Table".

1/3 cup almonds, pan toasted until golden, and chopped, 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted, 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger, 2-3 tablespoons water, 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper.

Pulse the toasted almonds in a food processor until finely minced.

Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. If you prefer a looser consistency, add a little more water and pulse again.

Serve with the spring rolls. Makes about 1¼ cups.

Email to a friendRelated


Bharatavarsa.net: Bhakti Vikasa Swami: Sri Krsna Govinda Hari Murare

When I first joined in San Francisco, we associated with one Gujarati Samaja in San Franscisco. They were mostly Patels, so from them we learned one bhajana--Sri Krsna Govinda Hari Murare he natha Narayana Vasudeva. This was the mantra. So we started chanting, so then when Prabhupada arrived, then Prabhupada heard this mantra. Prabhupada said, "Where did you get this mantra from?" He said, "You never learned this mantra from me." so we said, nobody could remember actually how they got this mantra but we were chanting in the kirtan. So Prabhupada said that this mantra, he said, every name in the mantra is a name of Krsna but this mantra is especially appreciated by Mayavadis, he said, so we don't chant this mantra. Now from this we all became, you know, very careful and Prabhupada told us that it is better to be very careful, he said, don't introduce anything different than what I have taught you.

>From a lecture by TKG, 1987.12.23_Houston.

Email to a friendRelated


Kurma dasa, AU: A Huge Celery

huge celery:

Email to a friendRelated


H.H. Sivarama Swami

This is home Deity worship. Not that sleeping up to 9:00 and Deity worship. This is farce. That is not allowed. That will be offense. All the members must rise early in the morning, just we are doing in the temple. At 4 a.m. take bath, cleanse, and offer aratrika. That is the beginning of Deity worship.

- Srila Prabhupada

Email to a friendRelated


Bharatavarsa.net: Book distribution seminar: Srimad Bhagvatam can free us from all anxieties

I did a home program in Auckland. At the end of the talk this Indian lady approached me with some questions. She was under lots of stress. She witnessed one of her friends committing suicide, a big shock. She is very attached to her father and for some strange reason she thought "What if my father dies"? Sure enough she got a call from india saying her father had a stroke and went into coma. Both these combined she was going through so much anxiety she was asking me what she can do to feel some relief I encouraged he to chant on beads at least 10 rounds or more and she will surely feel better.

She and her husband took my number and went home. Two days later it was raining I was chanting my rounds thinking how am I gonna go out? It's marathon (we were doing a 2 week marathon as an offering to my Guru), low energy, horrible weather krsna please help.

I got a call from this mataji, she was still under lots of stress she asked please tell me how I can feel some releif from this anxiety attack pleaseeee. I was thinking, "Krsna I already told her to chant but she is desperate for more help." So I said, "I have these Puranas called Srimad Bhagavatam if you bought this set and start reading the prayers of Queen Kunti in the 1st canto and Gajendra's prayers in the 8th canto you will surely feel releif."

She asked me how much is the set, I told her the amount. She said that her inlaws are not favorable to her practicing bhakti so they won't allow her to purchase books even though she is higly qualified IT professional. I said we can set up an automatic payment where you can pay $25 a week they wont even notice it, its such a small amount, she agreed.

So I took the set to her place but she wasn't home. I felt strange that she wasn't there after I told her many times I am coming. I decided to leave the books with her father-in-law who was drunk and was watching bollywood dance, but he introduced him self to me as a brahmin.

Two days went by, I kept texting this mataji with no reply, I went into anxiety. All of a sudden she called me and said prabhu I am so thankful to you. As soon as the Bhagavatam entered my home the next morning I felt completely normal and happy. She sounded so happy and enthusiastic, seeing her so happy and normal her husband said no problem we can pay, he paid the full amount. Krsna's mercy, her father also came out of coma.

Srimad Bhagavatam amalam puranam

Your servant Shastra krit das

Email to a friendRelated


Book Distribution News: Srimad Bhagvatam can free us from all anxieties

I did a home program in Auckland. At the end of the talk this Indian lady approached me with some questions. She was under lots of stress. She witnessed one of her friends committing suicide, a big shock. She is very attached to her father and for some strange reason she thought "What if my father dies"? Sure enough she got a call from india saying her father had a stroke and went into coma. Both these combined she was going through so much anxiety she was asking me what she can do to feel some relief I encouraged he to chant on beads at least 10 rounds or more and she will surely feel better.

She and her husband took my number and went home. Two days later it was raining I was chanting my rounds thinking how am I gonna go out? It's marathon (we were doing a 2 week marathon as an offering to my Guru), low energy, horrible weather krsna please help.

I got a call from this mataji, she was still under lots of stress she asked please tell me how I can feel some releif from this anxiety attack pleaseeee. I was thinking, "Krsna I already told her to chant but she is desperate for more help." So I said, "I have these Puranas called Srimad Bhagavatam if you bought this set and start reading the prayers of Queen Kunti in the 1st canto and Gajendra's prayers in the 8th canto you will surely feel releif."

She asked me how much is the set, I told her the amount. She said that her inlaws are not favorable to her practicing bhakti so they won't allow her to purchase books even though she is higly qualified IT professional. I said we can set up an automatic payment where you can pay $25 a week they wont even notice it, its such a small amount, she agreed.

So I took the set to her place but she wasn't home. I felt strange that she wasn't there after I told her many times I am coming. I decided to leave the books with her father-in-law who was drunk and was watching bollywood dance, but he introduced him self to me as a brahmin.

Two days went by, I kept texting this mataji with no reply, I went into anxiety. All of a sudden she called me and said prabhu I am so thankful to you. As soon as the Bhagavatam entered my home the next morning I felt completely normal and happy. She sounded so happy and enthusiastic, seeing her so happy and normal her husband said no problem we can pay, he paid the full amount. Krsna's mercy, her father also came out of coma.

Srimad Bhagavatam amalam puranam

Your servant Shastra krit das

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1966 May 9:
"Panchami. The whole day I did not go out. In the evening there was meeting the attendance was large, 14 ladies and gentlemen attended. But the collection poor only $5.00 Never mind it is growing."
Prabhupada Journal :: 1966

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1970 May 9: "All these things do not sound very nice. So I am very much anxious to know what is the actual situation because I can sense that he wants to introduce something in my absence which is completely against Krsna Consciousness."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1970

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1972 May 9: "Now I want that we shall concentrate on making our devotees Krishna conscious and ourselves becoming Krishna conscious, and not be so much concerned with expanding ourselves widely but without any spiritual content. Just like boiling the milk, it becomes thicker and sweeter."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1972

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1972 May 9: "So Syamasundara is just like my younger brother, we call him by nickname Gabu. His elder brother was Siddhesvar Mali and his nickname was Subida, an he was calling me Moti, so we were very intimate friends from the perambulator."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1972

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1973 May 9: "So inhabitants can be engaged in such a small manufacturing enterprise as well as farming to become self sufficient. But we should not be business minded. Our main business is to develop our dormant Krsna Consciousness."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1973

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1974 May 9: "I received one rumor that the Sankirtana parties in the US would soon be stopped by political repression. Assure all your men that I have great hope for Krishna Consciousness in America, more than any other place."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1974

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1974 May 9: "Make political propagation on the basis of reforming the whole human society. The leaders must be an ideal class of men, with ideal character. They should chant the names of God. This is essential for leaders."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1974

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1974 May 9: "I cannot close my eyes when there are big management difficulties, so when I see things going wrong, money mispent, things not used properly, then I have to take part."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1974

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1975 May 9: "Do not be discouraged. Simply follow all of the rules and regulations very carefully. This is most important. Without these things, there is no spiritual life."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1975

Email to a friendRelated


Japa Group: I Don't Let It Stop My Japa


In two hours I've chanted six teen rounds. I endured the pain and chanted in my mind. I was able to pay attention but was ham­pered by the headache. This chronic condition will not go away, but I don't let it stop my japa.

Email to a friendRelated


H.H. Satsvarupa das Goswami: '431' from The Yellow Submarine

www.sdgonline.org. SDGonline Daily updates

4:00 A.M.

I woke with a headache during the night and subdued it with medicine. I got up from bed at 1:30 and began chanting. I could self-deprecate myself for not chanting with bhava, but I won't do it. I'll give credit to myself for chanting all sixteen rounds in a row. I chanted them rapidly until the last three which went very slowly as I became tired. But I persisted and got all sixteen done in about two and a half hours. I chanted in my mind and repeated the syllables correctly. There is no point in putting myself down for poor chanting. I at least got up very early and chanted all my rounds without interruption. It's true that I didn't chant while thinking deeply of the meaning of the mantras, but I can't seem to expect that nowadays. Be thankful for what you did in completion of the quota early.

I chanted quickly for
thirteen rounds and then
dragged for the final
three. It's a physical
phenomena and not a
spiritual lacking. I
simply grew tired and
slow. At least I
kept moving and got
them done though it
was like tracking
through mud and
falling behind. As I
completed the last
my eyes were burning
and my mind moved
slow. I have to
let myself go without
a whipping today,
you just lacked
the stamina for more.

Email to a friendRelated


H.H. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 'Prabhupada Interview' from The Yellow Submarine

www.sdgonline.org. SDGonline Daily updates

Prabhupada Smaranam

A young woman reporter from Channel 9 holds a microphone to Prabhupada's mouth. She is young enough to be his granddaughter. She's been given this assignment by her station, to go and get an interview with the leader of the Hare Krishna movement. He's paying respect to the opportunity to speak to many people and generously answering her questions. Of course her approach is simplistic. Why are you coming to this city? What is your philosophy? How many followers do you have? What is the meaning of the chanting? Why do your disciples shave their heads? She may have thrown some curve balls. What is the role of women in your movement? What is your position on war and terrorism? Why are your people so aggressive in the airports distributing books? Prabhupada had already heard all the questions she could possibly ask, and he was never bewildered to come up with an answer. He was always very reasonable, and the interviewers usually warmed up to him and liked him. As one of the first reporters to interview him, a man from the Village Voice recalled of Prabhupada, "I just plain liked the guy."

Prabhupada is not looking at the microphone, but looking directly at the interviewer. He has finished the formality of the interview and is preaching to her personally. He is reaching out to her. The one aspect of this scene is that she is a link to many people, but another transaction is that she is an individual who has come to him, and he is not overlooking her.

Email to a friendRelated


H.H. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 'I'm Going to Get Better' from The Yellow Submarine

www.sdgonline.org. SDGonline Daily updates

Krishna is real to me
when I poorly chant
His names in the morning.
He is real to me when
He speaks to Arjuna in
Bhagavad-gita—I believe
it, and I believe the faithful
commentators.

Krishna is real to me in Charlie
Mingus' music—I believe
the connection, the finesse
and the drive. He is real
to me in the machine that
contains all the soda cans
for sale for a dollar. I see
Him everywhere.
But I don't fall down
and worship Him. I
walk by casually and
forget to utter His names
in my mind.

Krishna is real to me.
I have invested most
of my life in submission
to His basic tenets.
I am not one of His
fired up bhaktas, but
I have my own kind of
devotion to Him.

He's coming to get me at
death. He'll take me
somewhere. I'm sure
of that. He has a form
He appears in when He
takes you. He may not
show you His original
form or take you
back to Goloka, but
He's behind the force.
He makes the move and
transfers me to my
next situation.

I want to be closer to
Him and need more devotion
to do so. I've been too casual
and matter-of-fact about
my service to His lotus feet.

My spiritual master is the one
who brought me to Krishna and
he remains the connection.
I don't take all his instructions
to heart about avoiding
distractions. I'm a
lukewarm devotee.

But I want to be better.
I want to approach Him
with passion and doubtless
faith. His pastimes, His
lila and the acaryas' siddhanta
about His tattva—I want
to embrace these things and
occupy my days imbibing
them.

I can do better with His
mercy conferred on me.
He wants to see me make
more effort. I'll do it.

I'll be a better bhakta.
I'll read more.
I'll chant better.
You'll see. I have it in me,
and it will come out. I just need a little
direction. It's coming.

 

Email to a friendRelated


H.H. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 'Cruelty' from The Yellow Submarine

www.sdgonline.org. SDGonline Daily updates

Free write

Stuffing a full-size horse in the backseat of a small car is a form of animal cruelty. Although it will not kill the animal, it puts him in a tortuous, uncomfortable position. This picture of cruelty is nothing compared to ghastly pictures we could show of cows being slaughtered at the slaughterhouse. This odd method of carrying a horse is a rare sight, but the act of killing healthy cows for meat is performed thousands of times daily in slaughterhouses all over the world. Demoniac human beings, with the sanction of all the world's religions and governments, have concluded that animals were put on the earth for human beings to use them in any way they wish. There is a small movement for animal rights, but it can do nothing to stop the slaughter of innocent animals.

According to Vedic literature there is strong karma incurred by the killing of animals, and even human wars in which thousands of lives are lost come as a price for animal slaughter.

Email to a friendRelated


H.H. Sivarama Swami: Morning kirtana on Sunday the 9th

Trying out a new melody. Can you recognize it?

Email to a friendRelated


Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: The Story Of Cap and Trade

There is a video called The Story Of Stuff. If you haven’t seen that yet, then you really should check it out. Of course, if you like being a mindless consumer and running dog of the industrial overlords, don’t.  Because your ignorance may not be so blissful anymore.

Now there is another one out about The Story of Cap and Trade. Once you have seen the Story of Stuff, check it out.



Filed under: Cows and Environment
Email to a friendRelated


H.H. Sivarama Swami: Sixteen rounds minimum, is not the maximum we are meant to chant

Sixty-four was the standard with Lord Caitanya.

Email to a friendRelated


Yoga of Ecology, Bhakta Chris, USA: Europe Finds Clean Energy In Trash, But U.S Lags

Click here to read the full article from the New York Times

Far cleaner than conventional incinerators, this new type of plant converts local trash into heat and electricity. Dozens of filters catch pollutants, from mercury to dioxin, that would have emerged from its smokestack only a decade ago.

In that time, such plants have become both the mainstay of garbage disposal and a crucial fuel source across Denmark, from wealthy exurbs like Horsholm to Copenhagen's downtown area. Their use has not only reduced the country's energy costs and reliance on oil and gas, but also benefited the environment, diminishing the use of landfills and cutting carbon dioxide emissions. The plants run so cleanly that many times more dioxin is now released from home fireplaces and backyard barbecues than from incineration.

With all these innovations, Denmark now regards garbage as a clean alternative fuel rather than a smelly, unsightly problem. And the incinerators, known as waste-to-energy plants, have acquired considerable cachet as communities like Horsholm vie to have them built.

Denmark now has 29 such plants, serving 98 municipalities in a country of 5.5 million people, and 10 more are planned or under construction. Across Europe, there are about 400 plants, with Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands leading the pack in expanding them and building new ones.

By contrast, no new waste-to-energy plants are being planned or built in the United States, the Environmental Protection Agency says — even though the federal government and 24 states now classify waste that is burned this way for energy as a renewable fuel, in many cases eligible for subsidies. There are only 87 trash-burning power plants in the United States, a country of more than 300 million people, and almost all were built at least 15 years ago.

Instead, distant landfills remain the end point for most of the nation's trash. New York City alone sends 10,500 tons of residential waste each day to landfills in places like Ohio and South Carolina.

"Europe has gotten out ahead with this newest technology," said Ian A. Bowles, a former Clinton administration official who is now the Massachusetts state secretary of energy.

Email to a friendRelated


Syamesvari dd: Happy Mothers Day!!


Vaishali Sundari

Happy Mothers Day! I don't think there should be only one out of 365 days in honor of a person who gives so selflessly, who works so tirelessly, who loves so unconditionally.

Since giving birth to our daughter Vaishali Sundari 4 and a half months ago, I have a new appreciation and understanding of what my own mother has felt for me since before I was born, and for what she has done since.

And now, as a new mother, I am tired, sleep-deprived and slightly neurotic, but I am also overjoyed and honored (and a little scared, truth be told) that Krsna has given me my own little Vaisnavi to raise.

My mother...

Who fed me from her gentle breast,
And hush'd me in her arms to rest,
And on my cheek sweet kisses prest?
My Mother.

When sleep forsook my open eye,
Who was it sung sweet hushaby,
And rock'd me that I should not cry?
My Mother.

Who sat and watch'd my infant head,
When sleeping on my cradle bed,
And tears of sweet affection shed?
My Mother.

When pain and sickness made me cry,
Who gaz'd upon my heavy eye,
And wept, for fear that I should die?
My Mother.

Who drest my doll in clothes so gay,
And taught me pretty how to play,
And minded all I had to say?
My Mother.

Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My Mother.

Who taught my infant lips to pray,
And love God's holy book and day,
And walk in wisdom's pleasant way?
My Mother.

And can I ever cease to be
Affectionate and kind to thee,
Who wast so very kind to me,
My Mother.

Ah! no, the thought I cannot bear;
And if God please my life to spare,
I hope I shall reward thy care,
My Mother.

When thou art feeble, old, and gray,
My healthy arm shall be thy stay,
And I will soothe thy pains away,
My Mother.

And when I see thee hang thy head,
'Twill be my turn to watch thy bed,
And tears of sweet affection shed,
My Mother.

For could our Father in the skies
Look down with pleased or loving eyes,
If ever I could dare despise
My Mother.
- Ann Taylor
Email to a friendRelated


Gouranga TV: ISKCON Coventry Birmingham Kirtan On Mother Day

ISKCON Coventry Birmingham Kirtan On Mother Day

Email to a friendRelated


Sita-pati dasa, AU: Canberra - "Meeting Place"

The name "Canberra" means "meeting place" in the aboriginal tongue. At the recent Maha Kirtan here in Canberra kirtaniyas from around Australia assembled for the first time.


Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra - Kirtan Australia REPRESENT!
Email to a friendRelated


Hari Sauri das, Mayapura, IN: Q&As: #2 from Russia

At long last I am getting around to answering a few pending questions from the CIS forum. These were sent on Feb. 8 2010 so I am three months overdue. Oh well, better late than never as they say (at least I hope so!)
This is from an unidentified devotee:
2. Did Srila Prabhupada attach great importance to the project of Vedic Planetarium in Mayapur temple?
Answer

This was Srila Prabhupada’s last and greatest uncompleted project, the Temple of the Vedic Planetarium (TOVP). Srila Prabhupada conceived of a great temple in Mayapur even before ISKCON started officially in India.
As early as 1971 he was already advertising a 100′ high temple and guest house complex:
Prabhupada always viewed the Mayapur project as the world headquarters even when all he had there was a straw and brick hut.
By 1977 his architect Surabhir Abhipalayantam dasa Swami (formerly Saurabha dasa) had designed a grand edifice 350 feet high and a model of that was displayed at the 1977 Gaura Purnima festival in Mayapur:
Srila Prabhupada wanted to do something there to challenge the current mechanistic world view being propagated by the atheistic Darwinist scientists. In presenting the Srimad Bhagavatam 5th Canto he wanted to present the SB world view–that the universe is full of life, that originates from life.
The 5th canto presents us with a multi-dimensional, populated universe which springs from an original, eternal, unlimited source, Goloka Vrindavan.
Actually science and modern astronomy are not too far off the SB in some respects. Nowadays it is accepted at least theoretically that there can be many other dimensions occupying the same space as our 3-D world. Mulit-dimensional universes is an accepted discussion topic.
It is also accepted that there must be many worlds in this universe that are populated with advanced life forms. Just a couple of weeks ago famous scientist Stephen Hawking announced that he believed in life forms on other planets. Although he is an avowed atheist, still he admits that we are not the only inhabitants of this universe:
Published: 8:39AM BST 25 Apr 2010
Stephen Hawking: alien life is out there, scientist warns
Stephen Hawking has suggested that aliens almost certainly exist but has warned humanity not to try to contact them.
One of the world’s leading scientists makes the claim in a new television documentary series, beginning on the Discovery Channel next month.
Hawking says that in a universe with 100 billion galaxies, each containing hundreds of millions of stars, it is unlikely that earth is the only place where life has evolved.
“To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational,” he said, according to The Sunday Times.
“The real challenge is working out what aliens might actually be like.”
Hawking says that they could be microbes – basic animals such as worms which have been on Earth for millions of years, but suggests that extraterrestrial life could develop much further.
“We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet,” Hawking said.
“I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach.”
The scientist, who is paralysed by motor neurone disease, warned that contact with alien life could spell disaster for the human race.
“If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn’t turn out very well for the American Indians.”
It is also admitted in science that all energy is eternal. Noone can say that there was a definite point at which universal substance came into being from nothing, and nor can it be said that it completely disappears into nothing. What exists must logically always exist and even Hawking admits this.
It is also a fact that the living space we occupy is unlimited. Consider this: If all that exists is this simply this one universe, it must necessarily have no boundaries. We accept that there is space all around us. If it has no boundaries, where does it end? If it has boundaries, that means it is an enclosed universe. So what is outside of it? It must be existing within in another space. And that space is either unlimited or it exists in another space etc. etc. to infinitum.
So we cannot escape the main ideas of the Bhagavatam i.e. that time and space are eternal and unlimited. The only thing we disagree with the scientists on is the question of the origin of life. Material scientists say life is a product of matter, but they cannot show any evidence nor give any explanation exactly how life come from chemical combinations. So it is theory only, and a very poor and illogical one at that.
On our side we say that life is a separate energy from matter and that just as the material energy, or any kind of energy, is eternal, life is therefore also eternal.
This is far more logical and sensible than saying matter is eternal but life is not. We also say that life is the original cause of the combinations of matter, not the other way around.
So when we present our Vedic planetarium, we are presenting a challenge to the entire modern concept of life. And Mayapur, as the origin of the Krsna consciousness movement, is the best place to do this. Srila Prabhupada said that if we make this TOVP, millions of persons from around the world will come and visit and be educated in this Vedic world view. That is our target and by Srila Prabhupada’s blessings and for the pleasure of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the project is now underway.
So yes, Srila Prabhupada attached the greatest importance to this project. Mayapur, the birth place of Lord Caitanya, is the eminent source of all the preaching of the Krsna consciousness movement. It is the heart and soul of ISKCON.
Your humble servant,
Hari-sauri dasa
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: June Hare Krishna Valley Retreat

April's japa retreat at Hare Krishna Valley was outstanding, as we can see in the change of heart experienced by so many participants. New Nandagram truly is a place of Mahaprabhu's pastimes.

2010Junefarmretreat.jpg
Moreover Bhurijan Prabhu and Jagattarini Mataji will facilitate a family retreat over the Queen's Birthday weekend in June. Your children are very welcome to join you!

Here is what you need to know:

* the retreat program runs from 6pm. Friday June 11 to 3pm. Monday June 14

* please contact Keshava das on 0405-577-453 to register

* your final day to register is June 1 (including everyone who is staying off-farm)

* no late registrations will  be accepted

* fees for the four days are $225 per couple, $165 per adult, $125 concession, $35 per child

* please do arrive early on Friday so everyone can attend Saturday's morning program

A special thank you goes to all those who stayed after lunch on the final day of the japa retreat to clean and put the temple in order. It was a very essential service and most appreciated.

See you next month at Hare Krishna Valley!

Email to a friendRelated


More Recent Articles



Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "Planet ISKCON" or change your subscription or subscribe

 
Unsubscribe from all current and future newsletters powered by FeedBlitz
Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

No hay comentarios:

Correo Vaishnava

Mi foto
Spain
Correo Devocional

Archivo del blog