viernes, 12 de marzo de 2010

ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Jaya Radha Madhava - Kadamba Kanana Swami









PLANET ISKCON



Añadida el 15 de marzo


Your email updates, powered by FeedBlitz


Here are the latest updates for

"Planet ISKCON" - 42 new articles

  1. H.G. Sankarshan das Adhikari, USA: Friday 12 March 2010--Beg Krishna for Pure Bhakti--and--If We're Not the Body, Why Does It Feel ...
  2. Maddy Jean-claude Durr, New Govardhana, AU: Another Aussie Journey. Brisbane Leg 07: We Lost the Line in Logan
  3. ISKCON Melbourne, AU: "Inspiration Explosion" Devotional Album Released | ISKCON News
  4. Japa Group: Tasting Full Nectar At Every Step
  5. Nitya Navina dd, New Jersey, USA: Madhukari on Krishna Road
  6. Nitya Navina dd, New Jersey, USA: Offering
  7. HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 372
  8. HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: In Australia: Little Drops of Nectar
  9. HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: Keeping It Up While I Can
  10. New Vrndavan, USA: Country Get Away: New Vrindaban Looking for Temporary Landscape Assistance
  11. ISKCON News.com: Hindu Shoes and Missed Lessons in Globalization
  12. ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Kadamba Kanana Swami
  13. ISKCON News.com: Fasting With a Smile
  14. ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Jaya Radha Madhava - Kadamba Kanana Swami
  15. HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: Glimpses of Preaching in Boston
  16. Dandavats.com: Gaura Purnima at Bhaktivedanta Manor
  17. Dandavats.com: WSN January 2010 - World Sankirtan Newsletter
  18. Japa Group: Please Join The Japa Group
  19. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  20. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  21. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  22. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  23. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  24. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  25. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  26. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  27. Rupa Madhurya das, TX, USA: Initiation Ceremony by Giriraj Swami and Indradyumna Swami
  28. Akrura das, Gita Coaching: SELF WORTH
  29. Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: Witch Hazel And Tree Pruning At Last
  30. H.G. Sankarshan das Adhikari, USA: Correction: Thursday 11 March 2010--Diving Deep into the Eternal Identity--and--How Can We Make ...
  31. Sankirtana das, USA: Students Visit New Vrindaban
  32. Dandavats.com: Glenn Beck Attacks Dandavats.com Prabhu's
  33. Dandavats.com: Reminder for those who would like to participate
  34. Mayapur Online: Summer Festival Sponsorships available!
  35. Bhakta Chris, New York, USA: Mass-Market Epiphany
  36. Yoga of Ecology, Bhakta Chris, USA: An Illustrated Guide To The Latest Climate Science
  37. Book Distribution News: advertiser distributor becomes Book Distributor, or tried...
  38. ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Lotusimprints Blog » Melbourne Mahaprabhu Mandir -- Australia 1975
  39. ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Lotusimprints Blog » Australia 1974 -- Jet-age parivrajakacarya
  40. Dandavats.com: Padmanabha Prabhu's New England Remembrances
  41. Gouranga TV: Deity
  42. Mayapur Online: Grahila Prabhu departs
  43. More Recent Articles
  44. Search Planet ISKCON

H.G. Sankarshan das Adhikari, USA: Friday 12 March 2010--Beg Krishna for Pure Bhakti--and--If We're Not the Body, Why Does It Feel ...

Religion nowadays is accepted as a system of taking God as one's order-supplier, that I approach God to fulfill my material desires. Of course, it is God undoubtedly who is supplying us all of our material necessities. But this does not mean that we have to petition Him for this purpose. Does a child have to beg his parents every day to feed him? ...

Email to a friendRelated


Maddy Jean-claude Durr, New Govardhana, AU: Another Aussie Journey. Brisbane Leg 07: We Lost the Line in Logan

Thursday 11th, February 2010. We arrived, again, at Sakhi Rai's for lunch. We found the yogis and Ananda practicing the newly embellished yoga performance. After they were done, the matajis began to practice their new dance steps. Maharaja returned, with a big smile on his dial. He had been shopping for Deity paraphernalia. While he travelled in a humble sannyasa fashion, his Deities travelled with all the glamour of Vaikuntha. This humble mood of service was one of the endless list of Indradyumna Swami's exemplary qualities.

Maharaja checked on his developing acts. He was happy to see that the whole troupe was enthusiastic to improve their service. In the middle of the day, someone informed me of some previous show statistics. I found out that our last performance, in Redcliff, was totally booked out, online, a day before the show. People just couldn't get enough of our Le Carnaval Spirituel! It was nice to hear this kind of news, especially at the end of the tour. The devotees were all working so hard and some of us could barely even sleep (or at least I was having difficulty).

Friday 12th, February 2010. My alarm that morning was a phone call from some random government agency (don't ask). Today was our show in Logan. We met up at Sakhi Rai's and then the convoy headed out. We all split up, to pick up different devotees, in different locations, while I had to park, waiting for the chaos to die down. I drove to the front of the convoy, pretending to lead the group, as if I knew where we were going. When I tired of my inflated ego antics and wanted to give the joke a rest, I tried to float back to the end of the line. For some reason, the devotees behind me wouldn't let me fall back into file. I luckily caught them indicating early and took the correct turn, otherwise it would have been a seeming repeat of last year's tour (ie me leading the way and getting everyone else lost).

We had an ishta gosthi in the hall. Madhava's father had just come and fed us all sumptuous Prasadam. Maharaja was still emphasizing "focus". "This is our second last show" he said, reminding us to hold on because the end was near. He also reminded us that Pratapana Prabhu and Mother Jai Sri were flying up from Sydney just to see the new additions to our show. This night was important to us. At the end of the meeting, Maharaja asked us if we had had enough to eat. It was a funny question but I think it was a subtle compliment to Madhava's dad, who had spoiled us. "Maddy" said Maharaja. I perked up my head. "Have you had enough to eat?" I don't know why he singled me out, either he knew how much I eat or I was looking a little extra sleepy. Whatever the reason, I responded with a clumsy nod.

The waves of people began to arrive at the front door. My family members, who managed to take some time off, also arrived. I found my father talking with Pratapana, reminiscing on old times. I called my older brother, Nitai, and I took him backstage. He's a bit of a photographer so I had him take photos of all the troops. We strutted out some serious poses for all our facebook fans.

I bid farewell to my brother, as he went to watch the show, and I readied myself for the drama. Madhava had Dina Dayal deck him out in impressive makeup. I humbly asked, the great Ninja Brahmana, if he could also decorate me with such prestigious work. Dina Dayal was joyful to help and we had the best makeup of the tour. We marched out, with additional fuel for the false ego.

Earlier in the day, Kaushal had complained about the safety regulations of the hall. The devotees weren't allowed to do work onstage without fully equipped working boots. The setup crew complied with the regulations but lost a lot of time in the process. I was curious why they were so harsh on footwear on such an open stage but we soon found out. Madhava stepped out, for his introduction. He perfectly executed his action roll, with full enthusiasm. All of a sudden, he nearly lost his footing. It was a noticeable stutter, not to be blamed on Madhava of course but we realized, over the course of the tour, that every stage is unpredictable. We all took lesson from this and tried to be extra cautious but for Madhava it took a blow out of his night.

To top off the disasters in the stage department, when I was meditating on our stage prop (the black box) I was dramatically off centre. Gaura Hari was the victim in this incident, having placed the box in the centre but then noticed the stage was marked at another point. He adjusted the box to the mark and then realized that the mark was off centre. We took our ending bow. Mangalavati had to improvise her bow because she had done her back. All the dance practice that the girls had been doing was very taxing on their body. All our bodies seemed to be falling to pieces. It looked like we would all only just survive the tour.

Very soon, after the Gita play, the matajis finally had the opportunity to present their new work. I heard a large cheer from the audience. It was a total hit. The crowds began to clap along to the music and applauded like anything. All the Matas came off with big grins on their faces.

I met up with my mother and brother, Rupa, and we walked to the car. My mother had made three trays of cup cakes to spoil the devotees. There was a big Prasadam feast and the hall staff were not happy. They kicked out the devotees, with their large pots of rice, noodles, spring rolls and everything else. We had a great meeting of Vaisnavas, out the front, filled with laughs, talk and some sorrowful goodbyes. My dear friend Marli had come again to see the show, with the help of directions that I sent by some texts. He was off to the blissful Dhams in India. I was still not sure if I would see the Dhams in the near future so I hoped that, by his prayers, I might soon be back in the merciful glance of Panca Tattva (Mayapur). Soon after, we packed in our vehicle and left for home.

I tried to follow Maharaja's car home. He seemed to be taking some special route because my GPS was suggesting I stop following him almost since the start. I suspected either they were taking a better known road home or Maharaja had some plans for some midnight fun. I averted from the group and simply submissively followed our techno navigator just so I wouldn't lose myself on the way back from Logan.

Email to a friendRelated




ISKCON Melbourne, AU: "Inspiration Explosion" Devotional Album Released | ISKCON News

"Inspiration Explosion" Devotional Album Released | ISKCON News:

inspirationexplosion.jpg

What do Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Hare Krishna, Indian Classical Music, Jazz, Club and Dub have in common? Inspiration Explosion - the new devotional music album from Hare Krishna jazz trumpet player Ekalavya Das and friends. The album features India's top classical vocalist, Ustad Raza Ali Khan. The theme of the album is: "Raising Consciousness Through Music".

The album was officially released on Sunday, 28th February, 2010 in Kolkata, India during ISKCON Kolkata's Gaura Purnima celebrations. It can be downloaded at www.IE-Music.com.

For information about booking the Inspiration Explosion band for concerts and festivals or for ordering bulk copies of the Inspiration Explosion album please contact Ekalavya Das at ekalavya@pamho.net or info@IE-Music.com.
Email to a friendRelated


Japa Group: Tasting Full Nectar At Every Step


Hare Krsna my dear devotees, I hope your chanting is going well and your spiritual life is being blessed by devotees association. This week my son Uddhava is coming back to Brazil, he finished his studies in Mayapur and is now starting a Seminar of Bhakti Sastri and is in the bramacari ashram. I was thinking of how he changed my life being there, how my spiritual life got even better just by having him in the Holy Dhama, so I realised how blessed I am and how important is to be always chanting the holy names and taking shelter on them. A devotee told me these days a beautiful sentence:

"If you always seek the shelter of the Lord's Name and His Devotees, you will always be protected."

I was really surprised because I have been writing about the holy names and I have said the same thing to so many people that I understood I was the only one who really needed to take shelter on the names much more than I am doing because maybe my heart is so affected by material desires that I dont take my chanting seriously, as much as I should and this makes me weak and my faith doesn't become that strong, I tend to be afraid of small things in life and my intelligence disappears.
So now I would like to share a beautiful verse from the Siksastakam that is able to bring us brightness and gives us the mood we need to have to chant nicely:

"Let there be supreme victory for the chanting of the holy name of Sri Krishna, which cleanses the mirror of the heart and exstinguishes the blazing fire of material existence. Sri Krishna sankirtana diffuses the soothing rays of bhava that cause the white lotus of good fortune for all living entities to bloom. The holy name of Krishna is the life and soul of all transcendental knowledge and increases the ocean of transcendental bliss. The holy name bathes and cools the body, mind and soul and enables one to taste full nectar at every step."
Sri Siksastakam Verse 2

I like so much this part that says that the holy name of Krsna is the life and soul of all transcendental knowledge and increases the ocean of transcendental bliss.So I will meditate on this sentence and try to chant with the mood of reverence and appreciation so one day I can become an offenseless chanter and have stronger affection to chanting.

your servant,

Aruna devi
Email to a friendRelated


Nitya Navina dd, New Jersey, USA: Madhukari on Krishna Road

This past weekend when we visited Prabhupada Village, Sandy Ridge North Carolina, I was wondering, looks like a sleepy laid back place, suitable for a retreat. What is there to see? I decided i would go with an open heart and embrace whatever comes my way. But from the beginning to the end the journey was very sweet. Madhukari http://vedabase.net/cc/madhya/20/81/ is a term that is used for

Email to a friendRelated


Nitya Navina dd, New Jersey, USA: Offering

Dear Gurudeva,Please accept my humble obeisnaces, All Glories to Srila Prabhupada. All glories to your lotus feet.As I was talking to one devotee , I was thinking of your specific mission to spread compassion, love, and enthuse everyone to take up service. Many are of the opinion that LOVE is easy to come by. Anyone can teach living entities on how to care for and love each other they say. I have

Email to a friendRelated


HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 372

3.49 A.M.

I had a bad night. I woke up about 9:30 P.M. with a headache and couldn't subdue it. An hour later I still had the headache and more medicine didn't work. For the remainder of the night I was in a light drowse with the headache. I had dreams, and a dream persona had headaches in him. I finally got up at 1:30 A.M., and surprisingly I felt better although a little tired. I began my chanting and it was pretty good, my main attention was to rapid chanting in accumulation of the mantras. I chanted them clearly with no distraction but attention to the syllables. I couldn't connect them very well to the personalities Radha and Krishna although I occasionally glanced at the beautiful arca vigrahas on Their altar. But I took consolation in knowing that the names alone are nondifferent than the forms. So by chanting the sounds I was contacting the forms, and in a distant way, the activities and the pastimes of beautiful Radha and Krishna. Of course I have a long way to go. Narayana came up, and we talked some friendly talk. It won't be too long before we'll be on the move again so I'm treasuring these last days of routine activity in the Yellow Submarine. It was a stress yesterday going to see the doctor then the hospital for blood test and then the hospital for an x-ray of the chest. And today I go for the physiotherapy. I hope I'll have time to get my writing done. But most of all is to finish those final minimum four rounds in good form. Chant each round as Bhurijana says, isolating it as the only one. I can't do that exactly, but I'll keep it in mind and chant one after another with devotion. Please help me Lord to chant with devotion.

What does it mean to
chant with devotion?
You'll concentrate and realize
you don't have much time
left. You move close to
harinama and recall
fondly all the years you
have been close to them,
in temples and campgrounds,
in solitary rooms. You
recall your sincere efforts
and the sound vibration's echoing
in your ears, running in your
pulse. You chant with devotion
when you think of Prabhupada
and how he gave you the names
in the storefront and in every
place since then, your
dependency and loyalty to him.
The spiritual master gives the names,
and you give them back to him,
trusting They are Radha and Krishna
and bringing you out of this
world of misery and pain.
To chant with devotion you
share it with others in
the sankirtana movement of
Caitanya Mahaprabhu
you pray to be a preacher
of Nama Prabhu.

PDF PDF
Email to a friendRelated


HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: In Australia: Little Drops of Nectar

Prabhupada Smaranam

Prabhupada himself.

Prabhupada in Australia

I had already arranged to transfer from being Prabhupada's servant to being his library party leader, but I was enjoying my last days as his servant. The Ratha-yatra in Melbourne was a gala affair. There were three large carts, and the parade was led by a Scottish bagpipe band. Prabhupada decided to walk with the parade the whole way. He wore a yellow knit hat and flashy silk sannyasa clothes. He draped a wool white chadar over his right shoulder. He wore a huge many-colored garland that went down almost to his feet. It was very intimate walking close beside him and playing karatalas for the whole length of the parade. Madhuvisa Maharaja, the leader of ISKCON Australia, was right beside him, and I travelled a step beside. The crowd was packed in close around Prabhupada, and many people accompanied him and the carts through the streets. The devotees had hired two security guards, and they were karate experts wearing gloves with no fingers and one of them had a black eye. They hovered close to Prabhupada and gave a simultaneously ominous and secure mood to the atmosphere. Everything was really packed in close. The crowd did not keep neat lines of distance from Prabhupada, and many of them drifted in close beside him as we marched the long parade route. Prabhupada sometimes played karatalas and raised his arms in the air. He kept singing the mantra loudly. There were no unpleasant incidents, but it was all rather close knit and a bit disarrayed as a parade.

The procession finally stopped at a kind of warehouse and there Prabhupada delivered a Ratha-yatra address to a noisy gathering. Prabhupada finally went home and rested for the afternoon. The best part of the day for me came in the late evening. Prabhupada called me and Pradyumna into his room to give him a leg massage while he lay in bed ready to go to sleep after the long day of marching and energy expanding. He was quiet and the room was dark and silent. Suddenly he said to me, "You were dancing very nicely today." I almost jumped for joy to hear him say those words, and I loved dearly for them. He soon drifted off to sleep, and I drifted off to ecstasy in the next room.

PDF Create PDF
Email to a friendRelated


HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: Keeping It Up While I Can

Baladeva das is not up yet,
Narayana is chanting japa,

and I am writing a poem
about Krishna. But I don't
know Him well.

I know the stories I've read
how He travelled all over India
and found Brahma-samhita and
Krishna-karnamrta
in palm leaf copies
in temples and how He ripped out a page
from the Kurma Purana to prove to
the devotee of Rama that the real
Sita was not kidnapped.

I believe all the stories I read, and
I treasure them and try to remember
them so I can speak them in lectures
and not be dumb before an
audience. I'm afraid that will
happen. I write how Krishna travelled
with Lord Nityananda and stopped at Remuna and heard about Saksi
Gopala and heard about Ksira-chora Gopinatha
and attracted such great crowds that they gauged out big holes
in the roads just to see Him.
He accommodated them by raising His
hands and shouting, "Hari!"

But when He could,
He escaped the crowds and
went alone where He could
chant the Lord's names in
solitude. But He was not
meant for permanent solitude.
He was meant to meet
people and convert them
to Vaisnavas. That was His
magnanimous mission.

Sometimes alone and sometimes
with crowds, He never grew
tired or sleepy or hungry,
He kept going, whether
travelling on foot or talking
in the gambhira. He was
not a mortal human being like
you or I who gets sleepy
even in the middle of
praising Him.

I love the Lord, but I'm
low powered and weak.
I can barely sit up and
move my pen. I listen
to Eric Dolphy wailing
on his alto sax and
that helps to keep me
going, but the body
continues to wear down.

Help me Lord, to raise praises
to You in youthful verse.
I don't want to peter out.
Give me themes or at
least excerpts of Your pastimes.
I know your answer.
I just
have to keep hearing Your pastimes,
and I'll be supplied. There is
no shortage. I can tell of the
time You and Lord Nityananda stopped at the house of a man
who offered You wine and
You and Lord Nityananda jumped in the
Ganges and swam
away shouting, "I am He!"
You swam to Advaita's house
on a heavy current of the Ganges
and punished him for speaking
like a Mayavadi, and he loved
to be beaten by You although
his wife protested, "Leave
him alone. He's an old man!"
I remember hearing of these
incidences and love to tell
them as long as I can keep
my eyes open and my pen
hand moving. That won't be
forever. I fear one day I won't be able to make comprehension
and no one will read the
poem. Does it matter?
It does to me. I think I
may please You the way I
do when I like to do something in Your
service. Please let me
keep it up for many years,
cohesive and making sense
and even music. Soon enough
I won't be able to
utter another word. So in
the meantime please give
me fresh and clear
intent: You are the
glorious one, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
and we are all Your krishnera-nitya-dasa.

PDF PDF Printer
Email to a friendRelated


New Vrndavan, USA: Country Get Away: New Vrindaban Looking for Temporary Landscape Assistance

By Malati Devi

Due to a forceful winter, there is a lot of “getting ready” needed before the opening of New Vrindaban’s Pilgrimage Season, which kicks off with Festival of Inspiration (May 7,8,9th).

Our wonderful landscaper, Matreiya das, is an aging trooper who could use the help of a couple younger folks.

Time frame is as soon as possible. Depending on the duration of your commitment, you will receive room, board, basic needs plus free attendance to Festival of Inspiration.

Experience in landscaping is nice but not a requirement. A valid driver’s license would be helpful, but not a “must.” What is a “must” is that you are willing to follow the regulative principals and go shoulder to shoulder alongside Maitreya. You can count on learning a few things and pleasing Their Lordships, Radha Vrindaban Chandra as well as seeing the results of your seva unfold.

References required. Depending on location, travel assistance may be available.

Contact: servingkrisna@aol.com or 304-845-9591 and ask for Malati dasi or Bhaktin Rita.

Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Hindu Shoes and Missed Lessons in Globalization

By Sesa Dasa on 11 Mar 2010
What were Keds executives thinking when they released these?
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Kadamba Kanana Swami

ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Kadamba Kanana Swami - Srimad Bhagavatam 11.18.20



SB 11.18.20: Without any material attachment, with senses fully controlled, remaining enthusiastic, and satisfied in realization of the Supreme Lord and his own self, the saintly person should travel about the earth alone. Having equal vision everywhere, he should be steady on the spiritual platform.

SB 11.18.20: Sin ningún accesorio material, con los sentidos controlados completamente, permaneciendo entusiástica, y satisfechos en la realización del Señor Supremo y de su propio ser, la persona santa debe viajar por la tierra solamente. Teniendo la visión igual por todas partes, él debe permanecer constante en la plataforma espiritual.

11.8MB

Srimad Bhagavatam 11.18.20 - A devotee is never alone, they are always with Krsna, the ultimate shelter.

Posted by Tirthapada Dasa at 12/3/10; 8:11:29 AM to the Daily Class dept


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Kadamba Kanana Swami - Srimad Bhagavatam 11.18.20


Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Fasting With a Smile

By Thomas Chillikulam for The Times of India on 4 Mar 2010
Many Christians are fasting this month for Lent, but the powerful practice is found in many traditions.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Jaya Radha Madhava - Kadamba Kanana Swami


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Jaya Radha Madhava - Kadamba Kanana Swami



36.2MB

Posted by Tirthapada Dasa at 12/3/10; 8:09:16 AM to the Bhajana dept

Length: 9:45


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Jaya Radha Madhava - Kadamba Kanana Swami

Email to a friendRelated


HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: Glimpses of Preaching in Boston

Free write

The first picture shows a devotee Bharadraj holding up a Back to Godhead with the mridanga also in his other hand and speaking to a crowd gathered at the Boston Common. He has no shirt on just a chadar on top and there are people standing in a distance.

This picture shows Bharadraja holding up a Back to Godhead magazine and giving a short speech to the folks who had gathered to watch at a distance at the Boston Commons. We would sing for about a half hour and then a devotee would give a short talk. Shortly after this picture was taken a rowdy rushed from the crowd and punched Bharadraja in the stomach. Bharadraja had the wind taken out of him, and he crumpled up, although he uttered the words "Hare Krishna". Several devotee men immediately grabbed the assailant and turned him over to the police. We charged him with assault and the case went to court. The rowdy's lawyer said that Bharadraj had provoked the man with "inflammatory speech." The judge then heard Bharadraja's version. The judge was still for a less than a minute and then he said "I don't think this man is capable of inflammatory speech." He sent the assailant to thirty days in jail. But it wasn't the last of assaults on devotees.

Here goes a picture which shows the devotees out on a night sankirtan. One devotee has his both arms raised and others are playing karatalas. Romapad is seen on the right with bare arm and no shirt top. It is a night time photo.

This is a picture of night sankirtana in downtown Boston in 1970. The Broadway musical "Hair" was showing at the theater in Boston. "Hair" was a musical about what hippie life was like in the 1960s and the very last scene ended with the entire cast singing the Hare Krishna mantra. The devotees took the opportunity to stand right outside the theatre and chant Hare Krishna to the exiting theatre goers who had just heard "Hare Krishna" sung in the theatre. The devotees would distribute handfuls of burning incense and hold out conch shells asking for donations. The crowd was in a good mood having just heard the Hare Krishna mantra and when they saw the nontheatrical authentic version of Hare Krishna chanters it warmed them up. Devotees would usually collect forty of fifty dollars within a few minutes and thoroughly enjoy themselves chanting in such a heart-warming atmosphere.

PDF PDF Download
Email to a friendRelated


Dandavats.com: Gaura Purnima at Bhaktivedanta Manor

Parasuram das: Gaura Purnima Festival at Bhaktivedanta Manor included a stage program. This year the Gurukulis organised the festival themselves. They performed two wonderful devotional dramas. "Lord Caitanya meets Chand kasi" and "Nimai's young adventures".

Email to a friendRelated


Dandavats.com: WSN January 2010 - World Sankirtan Newsletter

By Vijaya das

Many devotees are now returning from India after their pilgrimage to the holy dhama. Srila Prabhupada wanted the sankirtan devotees to go to India to get inspiration and then go back to their countries with greater strength to spread the sankirtan movement of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

Email to a friendRelated


Japa Group: Please Join The Japa Group


Please share your realisations with other devotees from around the world...simply send me an introduction email and I will be happy to make you a member:


rasa108@gmail.com

ys

Rasa Rasika dasa

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1966 March 11: "Panchami. I went to the Paragon Book Gallery. Total 10 sets, add 35 new sets, total 45 sets. Transfer to old stock 25 sets, balance 20 sets. Taken today 4 sets, balance 16 sets new stock. This 16 sets new I shall take at a time when I next need them."

Prabhupada Letters :: 1966

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1967 March 11: "I am thankful to you all for encouraging me in my humble attempt to preach the message of Srila Prabhupada in this part of the world.In the matter of permanent Visa will you kindly send me a certificate in personal letter as President and Acarya of the Gaudiya Sangha in the following words and oblige."

Prabhupada Letters :: 1967

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1969 March 11: "He is now so much busy in so many ways. In the absence of BTG printing, I gave permission to print some outside work, to get money, but that does not mean we should stop our own work and print something on our press which is against our principles."

Prabhupada Letters :: 1969

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1969 March 11: "Relishing the transcendental sweetness of Krishna Kirtana is only possible when one is actually advanced, towards perfection. In the conditioned stage, we chant Hare Krishna mantra officially without any attachment and try to finish the rounds as soon as possible."

Prabhupada Letters :: 1969

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1974 March 11: "We are coming in disciplic succession from Bhaktivinoda Thakura and you are coming in family succession from Mahatma Sisir Kumar Ghose, so if we combine together in preaching the message of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, it will be a great benediction to the human society."

Prabhupada Letters :: 1974

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1974 March 11: "At the moment everyone is sudra. The Krishna Consciousness movement is meant to create actual intellectuals to guide society. The process if very simple. If the Varnasrama College is started, I am sure the chaotic condition of human society will be completely settled up."

Prabhupada Letters :: 1974

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1974 March 11: "In the beginning if we start a Varnasrama College to teach internationally students from all over the world to learn to be educated as brahmanas, as Ksatriyas, as vaisyas, as sudras, by quality and work, that will be the basic principle of Krishna Consciousness."

Prabhupada Letters :: 1974

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1975 March 11: "I have just completed a world tour visiting Hong Kong, Japan, United States, South America, Mexico, London, and now Tehran. I will be leaving for Bombay and then Calcutta and from there to Mayapur for Gaura Purnima. I would be happy to see you there if you are able to come."

Prabhupada Letters :: 1975

Email to a friendRelated


Rupa Madhurya das, TX, USA: Initiation Ceremony by Giriraj Swami and Indradyumna Swami


Rupa Madhurya das, TX, USA: Initiation Ceremony by Giriraj Swami and Indradyumna Swami


Giriraj Swami and Indradyumna Swami initiated 8 devotees - some with first initiation and some with second initiation. This is the entire ceremony.

You can also purchase the DVD. $15 + $5 shipping (US, $15 shipping for international orders).

Dallas, TX
2010-03-09

2010-03-09 - Giriraj Swami and Indradyumna Swami Initiation Ceremony





Download: 2010-03-09 - Giriraj Swami and Indradyumna Swami Initiation Ceremony.mp3


Email to a friendRelated


Akrura das, Gita Coaching: SELF WORTH

You are an eternal servant of Krsna, sat-cit-ananda - eternal, full of knowledge and bliss.

You are dear to Krsna, otherwise why He would make so many arrangements so you may go back to Him.


He wants you to come back to Him at least 10 times more than you want it.

He has everything except your love, so He wants you back.

You belong to Him.

You are meant to please Him.

You are meant to be happy with Him.

So you have an amazing worth.

If you are dear and important to God, who is the Supreme Person and your very source, what more self-worth do you want?
Email to a friendRelated


Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: Witch Hazel And Tree Pruning At Last

My witch hazel has finally bloomed. Some years it blooms as early as January but before this year it has always bloomed in February. It needs several sunny days above freezing and we never had that this year in February even though that is normal. It is always exciting to look forward to its blooming because it marks the beginning of a new horticultural year, and most years it is a spirit lifter in the dead of winter. Fragrant too.

The other thing that didn’t happen in February was any tree pruning. In the past, energy permitting, I have gone out in February and done fruit tree pruning but with all the snow, that would have been difficult this year, and my macho younger self that may have bulled through it anyway is but a distant memory.

It is still time in March to prune but best to get it done before trees break dormancy and we are now having a string of well above average temperature days where you can almost see the snow melting in front of your eyes and if this continues it will be a narrow window to prune in.

This is complicated by my physical limitations where I only have a little energy and don’t really accomplish all that much in a given day. There is practically unlimited trees to prune around NV given that restriction. If anyone is interested in doing some pruning let me know and we can go out and do some.

I have also made commitments to individuals to help them, besides the trees I have myself. Once April arrives so will a lot of trees, berries, and fragrant perennials so even if the weather turns cold again, I won’t have time for pruning.

I have some odd jobs to do around the garden to make life simpler when the season hits, so I have been getting out in the good weather and getting some stuff done.

Today I am going to strip some old rotting mesh wire off a still good frame that is no longer useful in its current condition. It is like a low table we have put plants on while waiting to transplant them, something I recycled from I can’t remember where. Unfortunately it has about a zillion staples on it so it will take some time, but once the wire is removed I am going to reinforce the frame and use it as a portable cold frame, just throwing some plastic, old windows or floating row cover over it to bring some greens on early and then as a season extender in the fall.

I also have received some 2 oz. and some .55 oz floating row cover I can use for the same purpose without a frame but cold frames are nice.

One thing about having a garden is there is always something to do.

“Prabhupada: And the bulls are being killed. Why they should be killed? Engage them in tilling the field. They will have occupation. And the man also will have occupation. There is immense land. So there will be no question of unemployment. And the machine, it works hundreds of men’s labor and hundreds of men become unemployed. So unemployed means devil’s workshop.”

Room Conversation with Scientists — July 2, 1974, Melbourne


Filed under: Cows and Environment
Email to a friendRelated


H.G. Sankarshan das Adhikari, USA: Correction: Thursday 11 March 2010--Diving Deep into the Eternal Identity--and--How Can We Make ...

In this material world the conditioned soul is very much distracted from his original all-knowing, all-blissful nature as Krishna's eternal servant because he is carried away by the so-called taste of material sense gratification. This artificial taste is encouraged and exploited by the materialistic propaganda mongers who make a handsome profit by...

Email to a friendRelated


Sankirtana das, USA: Students Visit New Vrindaban

I want to thank Tapapunja prabhu for organizing a stellar event for the visiting students (both college and high school) and some of their teachers. The day here included four break out sessions (lead by Jamuna dd, Jayasri dd, Rupanuga and Tapapunga), tours of the Palace by Bhakta Tom, a performance by Devananda and myself, and topped off with a fantastic feast.

The visitors came from all over the country as part of The Ignatian Solidarity Network's spring Teach-In. The three day Teach-In was hosted by Wheeling Jesuit University with the focus on environmental justice and sustainability. (Hummm, maybe we could start hosting stuff like this.) Tapapunja was one of the speakers there and he inspired 55 students and teachers to make the drive up to New Vrindaban this last Sunday.

After the feast, I met with visitors in the lobby and gave them this inquiry: "Please offer a brief reflection of your visit. How were the presentations, the food, and the overall schedule of the day? Your comments will help us improve our presentations. Thanks." Some told me they really appreciated their time here, while others gave the written responses below. Some suggested room for improvement. Overall, the devotees' concerted effort made a lasting impression on the group. Kudos to all involved.

The preaching events and festivals are certainly the life of New Vrindaban. There will be at least two other student groups coming in April and one in May.


***

The music session was wonderful and I learned so much. The talk on food was interesting as well. I loved the tour of the Palace. It was beautiful. The food was delicious and all the people were so kind and informative. The only 'complaint' I have is that the group sessions weren't organized well. Groups should have been informed when to switch.



***

The schedule of the day worked out really well. My friends and I loved the tour of the Palace (very informative). The food was excellent.

***

I thought it was very interesting to learn about the Indian culture and different religions. I had a lot of fun. Thank you.


***

I thought the tour of the Palace was very neat. For the short amount of time we had, it was cool to still be able to learn about the spiritual cooking, the music and the Palace. The food was excellent. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for your hospitality.

***

Wow! I had no idea what to expect when we signed up to come out. It was far and away an amazing experience. Everyone was so welcoming. The tours, presentations and food were all great.



***

It was educational. I learned a lot, and the atmosphere and all the music had a very tangible energy.



***

We were lost in one room for three sessions, but I loved the place and the people. Namaste.


***

Peaceful. Prayerful. Inspirational!

***

This was a wonderful experience. As a fellow resident of WV I feel empowered by knowing we share the beauty and spirituality of this wonderful land.


***

I came here unaware of the scale in which the Hare Krishna foundation was established in the area. It was truly a highly enjoyable day.



***

It is something wonderful to witness when a stranger opens his home to us - this is God welcoming us. To hear unfamiliar sounds crafted into music – this is God speaking to us. To taste unimaginable spices from the work of many hands – this is God sharing with us. Hare Krishna – many thanks.
Email to a friendRelated


Dandavats.com: Glenn Beck Attacks Dandavats.com Prabhu's

Jaya Madhava Das: Your friend Jaya Madhava Das sent you the following video from CNNBC: "Glenn Beck Attacks Dandavats.com Prabhu's."

Email to a friendRelated


Dandavats.com: Reminder for those who would like to participate

By Kaisori Devi Dasi

We are looking for expressive, meditative, or intriguing photos taken by talented photographers that explicitly or implicitly depict the theme(s) above and bring out aesthetic or intellectual elements both of Krsna consciousness itself and of the photographer's own spirituality and quest for self-realization.

Email to a friendRelated


Mayapur Online: Summer Festival Sponsorships available!

During Gaura Purnima festival, free prasada was served during the entire festival period, thanks to the continuous support of worldwide devotees. This has become a festival tradition and we desire to offer our devotees free prasada for Mayapur Summer Festival also. This is our first Mayapur Summer Festival and we wish to make it happen for the pleasure of Srila Prabhupada, who wanted to have at least 3 or 4 big festivals in Mayapur. The sponsorships for Prasadam distribution are invited.

read more

Email to a friendRelated


Bhakta Chris, New York, USA: Mass-Market Epiphany



Published: March 7, 2010 in the New York Times

Mysticism is dying, and taking true religion with it. Monasteries have dwindled. Contemplative orders have declined. Our religious leaders no longer preach the renunciation of the world; our culture scoffs at the idea. The closest most Americans come to real asceticism is giving up chocolate, cappuccinos, or (in my own not-quite-Francis-of-Assisi case) meat for lunch for Lent.

This, at least, is the stern message of Luke Timothy Johnson, writing in the latest issue of the Catholic journal Commonweal. As society has become steadily more materialistic, Johnson declares, our churches have followed suit, giving up on the ascetic and ecstatic aspects of religion and emphasizing only the more worldly expressions of faith. Conservative believers fixate on the culture wars, religious liberals preach social justice, and neither leaves room for what should be a central focus of religion — the quest for the numinous, the pursuit of the unnamable, the tremor of bliss and the dark night of the soul.

Yet by some measures, mysticism's place in contemporary religious life looks more secure than ever. Our opinion polls suggest that we're encountering the divine all over the place. In 1962, after a decade-long boom in church attendance and public religiosity, Gallup found that just 22 percent of Americans reported having what they termed "a religious or mystical experience." Flash forward to 2009, in a supposedly more secular United States, and that number had climbed to nearly 50 percent.

In a sense, Americans seem to have done with mysticism what we've done with every other kind of human experience: We've democratized it, diversified it, and taken it mass market. No previous society has offered seekers so many different ways to chase after nirvana, so many different paths to unity with God or Gaia or Whomever. A would-be mystic can attend a Pentecostal healing service one day and a class on Buddhism the next, dabble in Kabbalah in February and experiment with crystals in March, practice yoga every morning and spend weekends at an Eastern Orthodox retreat center. Sufi prayer techniques, Eucharistic adoration, peyote, tantric sex — name your preferred path to spiritual epiphany, and it's probably on the table.

This democratization has been in many ways a blessing. Our horizons have been broadened, our religious resources have expanded, and we've even recovered spiritual practices that seemed to have died out long ago. The unexpected revival of glossolalia (speaking in tongues, that is), the oldest and strangest form of Christian worship, remains one of the more remarkable stories of 20th-century religion.

And yet Johnson may be right that something important is being lost as well. By making mysticism more democratic, we've also made it more bourgeois, more comfortable, and more dilettantish. It's become something we pursue as a complement to an upwardly mobile existence, rather than a radical alternative to the ladder of success. Going to yoga classes isn't the same thing as becoming a yogi; spending a week in a retreat center doesn't make me Thomas Merton or Thérèse of Lisieux. Our kind of mysticism is more likely to be a pleasant hobby than a transformative vocation.

What's more, it's possible that our horizons have become too broad, and that real spiritual breakthroughs require a kind of narrowing — the decision to pick a path and stick with it, rather than hopscotching around in search of a synthesis that "works for me." The great mystics of the past were often committed to a particular tradition and community, and bound by the rules (and often the physical confines) of a specific religious institution. Without these kind of strictures and commitments, Johnson argues, mysticism drifts easily into a kind of solipsism: "Kabbalism apart from Torah-observance is playacting; Sufism disconnected from Shariah is vague theosophy; and Christian mysticism that finds no center in the Eucharist or the Passion of Christ drifts into a form of self-grooming."

Most religious believers will never be great mystics, of course, and the American way of faith is kinder than many earlier eras to those of us who won't. But maybe it's become too kind, and too accommodating. Even ordinary belief — the kind that seeks epiphanies between deadlines, and struggles even with the meager self-discipline required to get through Lent — depends on extraordinary examples, whether they're embedded in our communities or cloistered in the great silence of a monastery. Without them, faith can become just another form of worldliness, therapeutic rather than transcendent, and shorn of any claim to stand in judgment over our everyday choices and concerns.

Without them, too, we give up on what's supposed to be the deep promise of religious practice: that at any time, in any place, it's possible to encounter the divine, the revolutionary and the impossible — and have your life completely shattered and remade.

Email to a friendRelated


Yoga of Ecology, Bhakta Chris, USA: An Illustrated Guide To The Latest Climate Science

"The anti-science crowd use smoke and mirrors to distract as many people as possible, but the rest of us need to listen to the science and keep our eyes on the prize — reversing greenhouse gas emissions trends as quickly and rapidly as possible."


Click here to read, learn, and decide
From Climate Progress

Email to a friendRelated


Book Distribution News: advertiser distributor becomes Book Distributor, or tried...

Auckland, New Zealand

I met 44 year old Hemi, a warm and friendly maori (native) gentleman who is working distributing advertising leaflets to the public. He immediately recognised Srila Prabhupada's books. He already has the Gita and others but has not yet read them. He gave a donation and took 2 small books. He is working the same side of the street as me; he's been doing so from 9 until 4:30 every day for over two weeks to promote the School Uniform Shop he is working for.

A while later I meet him again. "What is a monk?" he inquires. I said, "We discuss scripture, do service, study and celibacy." Hemi used to attend the Mormon Church and told me of his being put on probation for not sticking to the "rules" eventually leading to him being asked not to come back. We talked about dealing with sin. I referenced some verses on lust from Bhagavad-Gita focusing on 2.59, and explain the practicality of Bhakti yoga.

Later he beckons me over; he's been meditating on what we discussed earlier. He had attended many churches throughout the years and was unimpressed by the knowledge they had to offer. He was spiritually tired but is now eager to read his copy of the Gita.

We again went on sankirtan. During one exchange I see Hemi waiting across from me. I chastise him jokingly for being in "my" zone and ask if he'd like to do my job. He takes it seriously and agrees. We get a mixture of books from my box and I inform him of the 'printing' price. Then I tell him to chant this certain mantra in between meeting people and he repeats the holy name line by line.

For half an hour he tries giving passersby the books instead of the advertising material. I watch his exchanges; he looks funny in his uniform (which advertises a shop that sells uniforms) but he is confident.

After 30 minutes I approach him. He chants Hare Krishna with a smile on his face. He remembers the whole mantra after having heard it only once. It was difficult for him and no books went out, but he was ecstatic nonetheless. Because of his lack of knowledge of what the books were about, he wasn't sure how to present them. He vowed to read his Gita before coming to Krishnafest at The Loft (our urban yoga lounge) this Sunday. I got his number and later sent him a text message, thanking him for his help. I also wrote: "I hope u gt som nice realisation from the books." He replied,

"I feel like a new lease of life has presented itself to me, a direction of certainty and opportunity, keep in touch."

Srila Prabhupada, his books, and his book distribution Ki! Jai!

Your servant, Jayadeva Kavi dasa

Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Lotusimprints Blog » Melbourne Mahaprabhu Mandir -- Australia 1975

Second article from Hari Sauri on Prabhupada's 1975 visit to Melbourne...

Prabhupada at Melbourne Airport Arrival 1975

Here's the last of my unpublished pics. (unless I find some more!) from Melbourne 1975. Srila Prabhupada came in mid-May and installed what were then the largest brass Deities in ISKCON and in fact, the largest brass Deities ever cast in Bengal--Sri Sri Nitai Gaura. It was a brilliant event because along with Their Lordships' appearance, ISKCON Australia also revealed to the world its new headquarters at 197 Danks St. Albert Park. A beautiful 2 acre property that started off as a stately home, became a Christian Brother's college and then a Heritage-listed monument, and finally a Hare Krishna temple.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Lotusimprints Blog » Australia 1974 -- Jet-age parivrajakacarya

The first of a couple of nice articles by Hari Sauri regarding Prabhupada's visits to Melbourne...


Prabhupada in Burnett St, St Kilda 1974

In 1973 Srila Prabhupada had promised to attend the Melbourne Rathayatra. We had built two new rathas, but the main factor in attracting him to come was the prominence of the small Australian yatra in the book distribution listings. Inspired by Buddhimanta prabhu, the Australians were leading the world in their attempts to spread Krsna consciousness and Srila Prabhupada therefore promised to attend the 1973 Rathayatra. Unfortunately he got sick in India and had to cancel.

He flew into Melbourne on June 25 1974 for his fourth trip to Australia with his secretary Satsvarupa Das Goswami. This time he only visited Melbourne whereas for his first three trips he had visited Sydney as well.

The Rathayatra on June 29 was glorious and Srila Prabhupada, after joining up with the rathas in the main city square, walked the whole route, terminating at the Royal Exhibition Gardens.


Email to a friendRelated


Dandavats.com: Padmanabha Prabhu's New England Remembrances

By Gargamuni das

I cannot possibly put into words the loss I feel with the passing of Padmanbha Prabhu. Before he moved to Germany at the end of 1983, he lived on this side of the Atlantic, in a place called New England. Some 27 years after his move, his departure from this world has sent shock waves to everyone who knew and loved him.

Email to a friendRelated


Gouranga TV: Deity

Deity



Deity

Email to a friendRelated


Mayapur Online: Grahila Prabhu departs

We beg to inform all the devotees that Sriman Grahila Prabhu, disciple of His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada, husband of Guru Seva dasi and father of Smt. Nitai dasi, has just left his body at 07.47 AM under very auspicious circumstances in Sri Mayapur Dhama.

After a restless night symptomized with rapid breathing Grahila prabhu left on this auspicious day of Papamocani Ekadasi surrounded by a room full of well-wishers,

read more

Email to a friendRelated


More Recent Articles








Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498



















TABLA - FUENTES - FONTS


SOUV2BalaramScaGoudyFOLIO 4.2Biblica Font







free counters


Disculpen las Molestias



Planet ISKCON - 2010  ·  Planet ISKCON - 2011

No hay comentarios:

Correo Vaishnava

Mi foto
Spain
Correo Devocional

Archivo del blog