lunes, 15 de febrero de 2010

Savarana-sri-gaura-pada-padme - Sri Krsna Caitanya Prabhu

Sävaraëa-çré-gaura-päda-padme - Çré Kåñëa Caitanya Prabhu

A Prayer to the Lotus Feet of Çré Gauräìga

by Narottama däsa Öhäkura from Prärthanä

Text One

çré-kåñëa-caitanya prabhu doyä koro more

tomä binä ke doyälu jagat-saàsäre

SYNONYMS

çré-kåñëa-caitanya prabhu–O my Lord Çré Kåñëa Caitanya!; doyä koro–please show mercy; more–to me; tomä vinä–other than You; ke doyälu–who is merciful?; jagatsaàsäre– in this material world.

TRANSLATION

My dear Lord Caitanya, please be merciful to me, because who can be more merciful than Your Lordship within these three worlds?

Text Two

patita-pävana-hetu tava avatära

mo sama patita prabhu nä päibe ära

SYNONYMS

patita-pävana-hetu–for the purpose of delivering the fallen souls; tava avatära–Your incarnation; mo-sama–like me; patita–fallen; prabhu–O Lord!; nä päibe ära–another cannot be found.



TRANSLATION



Your incarnation is just to reclaim the conditioned, fallen souls, but I assure You that You will not find a greater fallen soul than me. Therefore, my claim is first.



Text Three



hä hä prabhu nityänanda, premänanda sukhé

kåpäbalokana koro ämi boro duùkhé



SYNONYMS



hä hä–alas! alas!; prabhu nityänanda–O Lord Nityänanda!; premänanda–in the bliss of divine love; sukhé–You are delighted; kåpäbalokana–glance of mercy; koro–please cast; ämi boòo duùkhé–I am very sad.



TRANSLATION



My dear Lord Nityänanda, You are always joyful in spiritual bliss. Since You always appear very happy, I have come to You because I am most unhappy. If You kindly put Your glance over me, then I may also become happy.



Text Four



doyä koro sétä-pati adwaita gosäi

tava kåpä-bale päi caitanya-nitäi



SYNONYMS



doyä koro–please show mercy; sétä-pati–O husband of Sétä Öhäkuräëé!; advaita gosäi– O Advaita äcärya!; tava kåpä-bale–by the power of your mercy; päi–I can attain; caitanya-nitäi–Lord Caitanya and Nityänanda.



TRANSLATION



My dear Advaita Prabhu, husband of Sétä, You are so kind. Please be merciful to me. If You are kind to me, naturally Lord Caitanya and Nityänanda will also be kind to me.



Text Five



hä hä swarüp, sanätana, rüpa, raghunätha

bhaööa-juga, çré-jéva hä prabhu lokanätha



SYNONYMS



hä hä–alas! alas!; swarüp–O Svarüpa Dämodara Gosvämé!; sanätana–O Sanätana Gosvämé!; rüpa–O Rüpa Gosvämé!; raghunätha–O Raghunätha däsa Gosvämé!; bhaööajuga– O two Bhaööas!; çré-jéva–O Çré Jéva Gosvämé!; hä–alas!; prabhu lokanätha–O my spiritual master, Lokanätha Gosvämé!



TRANSLATION



O Svarüpa Dämodara, personal secretary of Lord Caitanya, O six Gosvämés; Çré Rupa Gosvämé, Çré Sanätana Gosvämé, Çré Raghunätha Bhaööa Gosvämé, Çré Gopäla Bhaööa Gosvämé, Sré Jéva Gosvämé, and Çré Raghunätha däsa Gosvämé! O Lokanätha Gosvämé, my beloved spiritual master! Narottama däsa also prays for your mercy.



Text Six



doyä koro çré-äcärya prabhu çréniväsa

rämacandra-saìga mäge narottama-däsa



SYNONYMS



doyä koro–please show mercy; çré-äcärya prabhu çréniväsa–O Çréniväsa äcärya!; rämacandra-saìga–the association of Rämacandra Kaviräja; mäge–begs; narottamadäsa– this Narottama däsa.



TRANSLATION



O Çréniväsa Äcärya, successor to the six Gosvämés! Please be merciful to me. Narottama däsa always desires the company of Rämacandra Cakravarté.

Purport to Sävaraëa-çré-gaura-päda-padme

by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupäda

This is a song composed by Narottama däsa Öhäkura. He prays to Lord Caitanya, "My dear Lord, please be merciful to me, because who can be more merciful than Your Lordship within these three worlds?" Actually, this is a fact. Not only Narottama däsa Öhäkura, but Rüpa Gosvämé also prayed to Lord Caitanya in this way. At the time of the first meeting of Lord Caitanya and Rüpa Gosvämé at Prayäga (Allahabad), Çréla Rüpa Gosvämé said, "My dear Lord, You are the most munificent of all incarnations, because You are distributing love of Kåñëa, Kåñëa consciousness." When Kåñëa was personally present He simply asked us to surrender, but He did not distribute Himself so easily. He made conditions-"First of all you surrender." But this incarnation, Lord Caitanya, although Kåñëa Himself, makes no such condition. He simply distributes:

"Take love of Kåñëa." Therefore Lord Caitanya is approved as the most munificent incarnation. Narottama däsa Öhäkura says, "Please be merciful to me. You are so magnanimous, because You have seen the fallen souls of this age, and You are very much compassionate to them, but You should know also that I am the most fallen. No one is more greatly fallen than me." Patita-pävana-hetu tava avatära: "Your incarnation is just to reclaim the conditioned, fallen souls, but I assure You that You will not find a greater fallen soul than me. Therefore, my claim is first."

Then he prays to Lord Nityänanda. He says, hä hä prabhu nityänanda premänandasukhé:

"My dear Lord Nityänanda, You are always joyful in spiritual bliss. Since You always appear very happy, I have come to You because I am most unhappy. If You kindly put Your glance over me, I may also become happy." Then he prays to Advaita Prabhu. Doyä koro sétä-pati adwaita gosäi. Advaita Prabhu's wife's name was Sétä.

Therefore He is sometimes addressed as sétä-pati. Thus Narottama däsa Öhäkura prays, "My dear Advaita Prabhu, husband of Sétä, You are so kind. Please be kind to me. If You are kind to me, naturally Lord Caitanya and Nityänanda will also be kind to me."

Actually, Advaita Prabhu invited Lord Caitanya to come down. When Advaita Prabhu saw that the fallen souls were all engaged simply in sense gratificatory processes, not understanding Kåñëa consciousness, He felt very much compassionate toward the fallen souls, and He also felt Himself incapable of claiming them all. He therefore prayed to Lord Kåñëa, "Please come Yourself. Without Your personal presence it is not possible to deliver these fallen souls." Thus by His invitation Lord Caitanya appeared.

Naturally, Narottama däsa Öhäkura prays to Advaita Prabhu, "If You will be kind to me, naturally Lord Caitanya and Nityänanda also will be kind to me."

Then he prays to the Gosvämés. Hä hä swarüp, sanätana, rüpa, raghunätha. Swarüp refers to Svarüpa Dämodara, the personal secretary of Lord Caitanya. He was always with Caitanya Mahäprabhu and immediately arranged for whatever Caitanya Mahäprabhu wanted. Two personal attendants, Svarüpa Dämodara and Govinda, were always constantly with Lord Caitanya. Therefore, Narottama däsa Öhäkura also prays to Svarüpa Dämodara and then to the six Gosvämés, the next disciples of Lord Caitanya-Çré Rüpa Gosvämé, Çré Sanätana Gosvämé, Çré Bhaööa Raghunätha Gosvämé, Çré Gopäla Bhaööa Gosvämé, Çré Jéva Gosvämé, and Çré Raghunätha däsa Gosvämé.

These six Gosvämés were directly instructed by Lord Caitanya to spread this movement of Kåñëa consciousness. Narottama däsa Thäkura also prays for their mercy.

After the six Gosvämés, the next äcärya was Çréniväsa Äcärya. Actually, Narottama däsa Öhäkura was in the disciplic succession after Çréniväsa Äcärya and was almost his contemporary, and Narottama däsa's personal friend was Rämacandra Cakravarté.

Therefore he prays, "I always desire the company of Rämacandra." He desires a devotee's company. The whole process is that we should always pray for the mercy of the superior äcäryas and keep company with pure devotees. Then it will be easier for us to advance in Kåñëa consciousness and receive the mercy of Lord Caitanya and Lord Kåñëa. This is the sum and substance of this song sung by Narottama däsa Öhäkura.






Página PRINCIPAL
OBRAS y AUTORES CLÁSICOS
Agradecimientos
Cuadro General

Disculpen las Molestias





HINDUISMO (3270)SC | 1º Sri Garga-Samhita





Sri Garga-Samhita | Oraciones Selectas al Señor Supremo | Devotees Vaishnavas | Dandavat pranams - All glories to Srila Prabhupada | Dandavat pranams | Santos Católicos | El Mundo del ANTIGUO EGIPTO II | El Antiguo Egipto I |Archivo Cervantes | Neale Donald Walsch | Sivananda Yoga | SWAMIS | Hari Katha | Hinduismo | Biografías

No hay comentarios:

Correo Vaishnava

Mi foto
Spain
Correo Devocional

Archivo del blog