domingo, 20 de junio de 2010

ISKCON News.com: Honoring Patrick in a Saintly Way in the UK









PLANET ISKCON

----- Original Message -----
From: FeedBlitz
To:
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2010 8:20 AM
Subject: Planet ISKCON - 38 new articles

Your email updates, powered by FeedBlitz


Here are the latest updates for

"Planet ISKCON" - 38 new articles

  1. ISKCON Brisbane, AU: Sri Vyasa Puja 2010 - H.H. Jayapataka Swami
  2. Ahaituki Bhakti dd, USA: Is the Desire to Hear All Srila Prabhupada’s Audio a “Misleading Campaign”?
  3. Gaura Sakti das & Adi Radhika dd, New Vraja Dham, Hungary: Spring arrived
  4. Akrura das, Gita Coaching: DANDA MUSIC LIVE
  5. HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: '380' from The Yellow Submarine
  6. Bharatavarsa.net: Bhakti Vikasa Swami: Srila Prabhupada on disciples' problems, 1969
  7. ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Bhakta Prabhu
  8. ISKCON News.com: Foundation For ISKCON Temple Laid by Governor in Assam
  9. ISKCON News.com: It’s Just The Luck O’ The Vedic in Dallas
  10. ISKCON News.com: Honoring Patrick in a Saintly Way in the UK
  11. ISKCON News.com: Fake 'Hawks' Swoop Down on Defenseless Family
  12. ISKCON News.com: The Land of Krishna Celebrates Holi
  13. HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 'Prabhupada Smaranam' from The Yellow Submarine
  14. HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 'Please Come to Me' from The Yellow Submarine
  15. ISKCON News.com: Southern California Devotees Host Tropical Bonanza
  16. Akrura das, Gita Coaching: Kirtan i 6 Principa Uspeha Upadesamrta
  17. ISKCON News.com: ISKCON Vrindavana Celebrates Boat Festival
  18. HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 'Eclipse' from The Yellow Submarine
  19. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  20. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  21. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  22. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  23. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  24. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  25. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  26. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  27. David Haslam, UK: How to truly relive pain and suffering.
  28. ISKCON News.com: Part Bollywood Glitz, Part Other-Worldly Bliss
  29. ISKCON News.com: Gaura Purnima at the Houston Zoo
  30. ISKCON Toronto, Canada: Ram Navami Celebrations Next Week!
  31. Ali Krishna dd, Gainesville, USA: Need Help Making A New Year's Resolution?
  32. Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: This Is The Cow
  33. Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: Gardens Gardens Anywhere!
  34. Yoga of Ecology, Bhakta Chris, USA: Finally, A Replacement For Big Oil?
  35. Dandavats.com: Maha Kumbha Snana at Haridwar
  36. Dandavats.com: Brihaspati in the Horoscopes of Devotees
  37. Vrndavana Vinodini dd, Toronto, Canada: You'll be tested
  38. Gouranga TV: About Govardhana 2/3 – Nava Vraja Mandala Parikama 2009.
  39. More Recent Articles
  40. Search Planet ISKCON

ISKCON Brisbane, AU: Sri Vyasa Puja 2010 - H.H. Jayapataka Swami

Email to a friendRelated


Ahaituki Bhakti dd, USA: Is the Desire to Hear All Srila Prabhupada’s Audio a “Misleading Campaign”?

In the Bhaktivedanta Archives’ most recent post they have criticized one of my personal emails that I sent to many devotees announcing the petition, but they have not addressed the desire of the now more than 2,000 devotees to hear all the audio of Srila Prabhupada.

In my personal email there was a discrepancy I overlooked in the wording. I originally wrote: “These recordings are not transcribed in the Vedabase or published in any other way.” Instead, I should have said: “Many of these recordings are not…” Later, on my own accord, I corrected this mistake once I noticed it and then I sent it out to others. The new letter read: “Many of these recordings are not…”

The Bhaktivedanta Archives seem to base their opposition about this so-called “misleading campaign” on my personal email, which I have already corrected. They are still, at best, giving a post-dated check on releasing the audio. I don’t think Srila Prabhupada would be pleased by this – we all know what Srila Prabhupada said about post-dated checks. I hope that the Bhaktivedanta Archives are not calling the desire of thousands of devotees to hear all Srila Prabhupada’s audio a “misleading campaign”.

I am not an expert in writing articles, diplomacy or politics nor have I ever read the book “The Prince” like many ISKCON leaders have. I am a simple devotee of Srila Prabhupada that simply distributes Srila Prabhupada’s books, and in my free time I listen to and read Srila Prabhupada’s words. I would much rather not have anything to do with this difficult issue any more than, at most, have my name be just one of the thousands on the petition. Unfortunately nothing was being done at the time and Ekanatha Prabhu had Srila Prabhupada under lock and key and refused to let him out! So I did the needful, the best I could.

Before I ever even thought about doing anything online, I had meetings with Ekanatha Prabhu where I begged him for copies of Srila Prabhupada’s audio and offered to pay him whatever he wanted for it. Both me and him know very well what he said in those meetings. So as far as Ekanatha Prabhu’s lying to the world in his reply to some legal questions from Pratyatosa Prabhu by saying that he never said to me it’s “too controversial”, all I can say is that he and I both know the truth.

As far as what he meant when he said that the audio is “too controversial”, only he knows that. Until the audio is released no one but the people that have it locked up will ever know what that audio has on it.

As far as the Bhaktivedanta Archives accusing me of “motivated speculations”, I will again clearly state for the record what my motivations are. It’s this simple – I love Srila Prabhupada more than anything, and as a result I want to hear all his recorded audio. Every morning I sing/pray “guru-mukha-padma-vakya, cittete koriya aikya, ar na koriho mane asa – My only wish is to have my consciousness purified by the words emanating from his lotus mouth”. I mean these words! No conspiracy theories, politics or anything else, no, just love for Srila Prabhupada.

Also, not just my, but the world’s only hope is the transcendental words of Srila Prabhupada. This is why I have dedicated my life to distributing them in the form of his books, and want to listen to the recorded audio of them myself. I am sorry if this was misunderstood.

Again I remind everyone of the Bhaktivedanta Archives’ own promise: “At the Bhaktivedanta Archives we want to prevent something like this happening by making copies of everything we have, available to as many people as possible, in as many places as possible, around the world.”
So I ask the Bhaktivedanta Archives to stand behind their own statements and release srila Prabhupada’s words – not another post-dated check.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/vani/petition.html

Hare Krishna!
Your servant,
Bhakta Philip

One devotee has emailed Ekanatha Prabhu the below letter addressing some important points:

“Dear Ekanatha Prabhu,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

You have failed to understand that archiving means distributing. You still have so many priceless Prabhupada recordings that you have not even transferred off the original tapes that could be over 40 years old now in some cases. This is not responsible Prabhu. You have had the technology to transfer these tapes for almost 20 years now. And how many letters have you written to me saying “Yes, Prabhu, we are going to release these tapes, we are working on it every day.” It is all lies Prabhu. If you were working on it the first thing to do would be to at least transfer the tapes to digital as the analogue tapes are deteriorating every day. Every day you don’t transfer them the quality is getting worse and you know that. It is destroying the Prabhupada vani by neglect.

You do not seem to even understand this. Bhakta Philip wrote to you that the tapes were deteriorating and you wrote back that basically we have them in an air conditioned room so they are not? You said they can only get demagnitized if there is a magnet. The earth is a magnet Prabhu and those tapes are sitting in the earth’s magnetic field and that is constantly randomly rearranging the oxide particles on those tapes, increasing the background noise and reducing the signal level, every day. And gradually the hiss will come up and the recording will disappear into it. Forty years is a very long time to keep magnetic tape Prabhu.

As I said please do not take this personally. I am concerned about the Prabhupada recordings, that they are not lost for the future generations. At least we owe it to Srila Prabhupada to preserve what he has given us and pass it on to the future generations.

You know I have been requesting you to release these tapes for more than five years now and you promised me five years ago that you would release them within the next two years. But you haven’t released anything at all in five years! And you write a letter to Bhakta Philip that says you will never release anything unless you reach completion goals that you yourself say in the same letter are very unlikely that you will ever achieve. You say you will not release anything until you have translated and proof-read all the Hindi and Bengali for example. You have not even translated the Hindi and Bengali on the tapes you have already published! How do you expect to ever do this for the rest of the tapes without releasing them?”


Email to a friendRelated



Gaura Sakti das & Adi Radhika dd, New Vraja Dham, Hungary: Spring arrived

How nice isn’t it? Spring has arrived in our garden in Krishna-valley.

Email to a friendRelated


Akrura das, Gita Coaching: DANDA MUSIC LIVE

Email to a friendRelated


HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: '380' from The Yellow Submarine

www.sdgonline.org. SDGonline Daily updates

3:46 A.M.

I slept well and woke up at 1:30 A.M. I began chanting my rounds after talking with Narayana. I’m pretty sure (although not positive) that I finished my sixteen rounds after over two hours of chanting. I was chanting quickly but my mind wandered a bit. The quiet in the early morning is essential for me to do the best chanting. But I do feel that for various reasons my chanting is not all that it could be, and I’m sorry for that. I don’t know what life change has to come to me for me to make serious improvements. In the meantime I go on dispatching my morning japa in an efficient manner, trying to hear the syllables and always staying wide awake. I have faith in the holy names and taste for the effect that it brings me. If I did not chant I would be most unhappy. Those persons who have taken an initial vow to chant japa for their whole lives, but who have stopped it are in a very unfortunate position. Just to keep the vow makes you fortunate.

You vow but do you
remember that you vowed
to chant with utmost concentration?
Did you use to chant better
or was it always like this
and just now as you near the
end of your life you get anxious
that you’re not deeper?
How to get deeper, repentant,
more devoted? All you know
is the long open highway
that you pursue, driving
in the early morning and keeping
all the traffic rules.
There seem to be no shortcuts.
You have faith you’re not
lost, you’re on the right
route, the right map.
You won’t crash in the
ocean like Amelia Earhart?
You’ve got enough fuel to
reach the Promised Land?
Your guardian angel, Prabhupada,
will carry you home,
back to Godhead.
You chant and pray.

Email to a friendRelated


Bharatavarsa.net: Bhakti Vikasa Swami: Srila Prabhupada on disciples' problems, 1969

Srila Prabhupada wrote:

If all problems come to me, even personal problems, then it becomes a heavy task for me. I received your letter, full of problems; Gargamuni's, full of problems; Rayarama's, full of problems, and similarly Iskcon Media's, full of problems. If everyone's problems are sent by me, then who will solve my problems? I have divided these departments to solve problems, but if in the end they are all sent to me and I have to tackle, then just imagine what is my position. The best thing would be to stop all activities and simply chant Hare Krishna.

>>> Ref. VedaBase => Letter to: Brahmananda -- Columbus, Ohio 15 May, 1969

Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Bhakta Prabhu


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Bhakta Prabhu - Srimad Bhagavatam 11.18.30

SB 11.18.30: A devotee should never engage in the fruitive rituals mentioned in the karma-kāṇḍa section of the Vedas, nor should he become atheistic, acting or speaking in opposition to Vedic injunctions. Similarly, he should never speak like a mere logician or skeptic or take any side whatsoever in useless arguments.

SB 11.18.30: Un devoto nunca se debe unir a los rituales fruitivos mencionados en la sección de los karmas-kāṇḍa del Vedas, ni él debe ser ateo, actuando o hablando en la oposición a las prescripciones védicas. Semejantemente, él nunca debe hablar como un mero o escéptico lógico o dejar de lado todo y mantener discusiones inútiles.

Srimad Bhagavatam 11.18.30 - Preaching is the essence.

12.1MB

Posted by Jayendra at 20/3/10; 8:03:05 AM to the Daily Class dept


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Bhakta Prabhu - Srimad Bhagavatam 11.18.30

Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Foundation For ISKCON Temple Laid by Governor in Assam

By Basu Ghosh Dasa on 19 Mar 2010
The Governor of the east Indian state, Sri Janakivallabh Patnaik, launched the efforts to construct a new Jagannath temple on donated land in the city of Guwahati.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: It’s Just The Luck O’ The Vedic in Dallas

By Madhava Smullen on 19 Mar 2010
ISKCON entered two floats into the St. Patrick’s Day parade—a customized trailer complete with a sound system for the kirtan band, and a full-size Ratha-Yatra cart.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Honoring Patrick in a Saintly Way in the UK

By Gaura Hari Dasa on 19 Mar 2010
Devotees participate in the London parade for the first time, led by an enthusiastic but not-so-little green man.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Fake 'Hawks' Swoop Down on Defenseless Family

Sunday Tribune (South Africa) on 17 Mar 2010
The South African criminal gang restrained themselves upon discovering the victims were members of ISKCON.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: The Land of Krishna Celebrates Holi

By Lakshman Dasa on 19 Mar 2010
Known as the festival of color, this day is close to the heart of every “Vrajavasi” and is one of the most prominent events in the area.
Email to a friendRelated


HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 'Prabhupada Smaranam' from The Yellow Submarine

www.sdgonline.org. SDGonline Daily updates

Excerpts and snippets from Srila Prabhupada’s walk in San Francisco in 1975

Devotee: Scientists say there is no life on other planets.

Srila Prabhupada: How can you say there is no life?

Devotee: They do not believe…

Srila Prabhupada: We say in the sun there is life. Krishna says I spoke to the Sun-god…

Devotee: They are very convinced they have gone to the moon.

Srila Prabhupada: The moon planet can not be reached by spacecraft but by pious activities…

Devotee: My father says that if human life cannot live in other planets then there is no life.

Srila Prabhupada: You cannot live in the water but there is life there and fish can live there.

Devotee: Scientists say there is no life in the fire.

Srila Prabhupada: Fire is one of the elements. There are five elements so why not life in the fifth element…? Living entities come out of a dead body. You cannot say that the chemical is missing. Why is some chemical missing. How is the element missing?

Devotee: They say if they accept Krishna consciousness the universities will be finished.

Srila Prabhupada: The universities should be broken. They are producing only fools. The buildings shall remain but they shall be finished. They remain cats and dogs. They are basically mistaken. How can they be happy?

Devotee: It is said in the Caitanya-caritamrta that without Lord Caitanya there is no life.

Srila Prabhupada: Yes.

Srila Prabhupada: …Rahu is between the earth and the sun. The moon is farther.

Devotee:…I went to see an exhibition where there were moon rocks. They said the moon rocks are identical to the rocks on the earth.

Srila Prabhupada: It is simply cheating (moon rocks). It is stone from Arizona. (Laughter)

(A devotee says one astronaut had a religious experience on the moon and he was kicked out of NASA. He believes in God.)

Srila Prabhupada: That is good.

(A devotee tells Srila Prabhupada of scientists who believe in God.)

Srila Prabhupada: He is intelligent. As soon as one denies God he comes into four categories… Therefore they are rascals (pause). Harer nama harer nama harer namaiva kevalam (cars go by)

Srila Prabhupada: Over-intelligent means rascal.

Devotee: How does that happen?

Srila Prabhupada: We mean it sarcastically.

Devotee: Speculative?

Srila Prabhupada: Yes.

Devotee: They say that they should not believe in the priests because they are also misbehaving and cheating.

Srila Prabhupada: It is your fault if you stick to false religionists and reject religion. If you receive counterfeit coin you should not reject all coins….Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.

Email to a friendRelated


HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 'Please Come to Me' from The Yellow Submarine

www.sdgonline.org. SDGonline Daily updates

1.

Krishna, please come to me.
Is it wrong to ask that?
Should I be saying, “Krishna,
please give me the strength
to come to You”?

But I feel helpless.
I feel it’s too late now
to build up my muscles.
I’m too old and feeble
and sick and don’t have
the taste for verve-
filled preaching Krishna
consciousness.

So I ask You to come to me.
I love Your music. You
lead me to You with Your
flute. I want to come.
Yet I ask You to come to me.

Your music should be enough
to energize me to move
and make my effort.
After all, seventy years
is not so old, and I’m
not so ill.

I need the inspiration.
I swoon to Your beautiful
tune. I ask You to keep
playing, keep coming to
me, stay in my presence
and inspire me in that
way.

But I’m not so stupid.
I know I have to exert
myself. Yet I cannot
find the resources.
Maybe it’s just an
attitude I’m lacking.
Then, please consider that
I cannot help but come
to You begging. I
cry out to You for
artistic mercy, for
the luxury of Your
melody in my ear
and being.

2.

Who am I talking to?
I’m speaking to You, Lord
Krishna, the dancer and
the singer, the darling of the
gopis, the supreme
friend of all the bhaktas
and all the living souls.

I know You from the sastras
and the words of my spiritual
master. But I do not
dream of You. I dream
of foolish and wanton
things. This means I have
I have not taken You deeply into
into my psyche. I want
to be rid of all the other
things that have accumulated
like a mountain of dirt
from lives uncountable.

I know You can do it.
The Hare Krishna mantra can do it.
You can smash the mountain
of dirt in one blow.
You can make me clean
and renounced and holy.
I beg for the desire that that may happen.

I pray for strength to reach
out to You with my human,
God-given resources. I’ve
done it before. I survived
the Navy, I endured living
with my parents in the
difficult years, I survived
living broken-hearted on
the Lower East Side.
And You brought me to
the Swami.

Now I ask for another
quantum leap. I cannot
make it without You, without
Your big boost. I wait here
and make my little
efforts. Please make
them stronger. Give me
old age push, let
me see death as an
impetus for reaching
You. Please come to
me. Please give me the
strength to come to You.

Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Southern California Devotees Host Tropical Bonanza

By Paramesh Jayaram and Nivedan Tiwari on 19 Mar 2010

The annual Laguna Beach event honors Lord Chaitanya and his gift of the holy name.


Email to a friendRelated


Akrura das, Gita Coaching: Kirtan i 6 Principa Uspeha Upadesamrta

http://vimeo.com/10285175

Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: ISKCON Vrindavana Celebrates Boat Festival

By Lakshman Dasa on 19 Mar 2010
The annual event follows a new course for the second year.
Email to a friendRelated


HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 'Eclipse' from The Yellow Submarine

www.sdgonline.org. SDGonline Daily updates

Free write

The dark planet covers the moon. The dark planet covers the sun. Darkness covers knowledge. The Vedas illuminate. I believe them. They are enlightened facts passed down from time immemorial, through aural reception and then recorded by Vyasa in the Vedas. Material science has only been in existence for several hundred years. It is bases on human speculation. In Bhagavad-gita Krishna says He spoke the knowledge of bhakti-yoga millions of years ago to the sun god. Arjuna asks, “Krishna, You and I are contemporaries. How am I to believe You spoke this knowledge millions of years ago to the sun god?” Arjuna knows the answer, but he asks for the benefit of others. Krishna tells him, “Arjuna, both you and I existed long, long ago, but you do not remember whereas I remember.” Krishna does not change His eternal body. Arjuna, the jiva, changes and forgets.

Krishna is always present in His original, undying, human-like form. He knows everything. In His Vishnu forms, He caused the creation and His self-born son Brahma arranged the planets, the orbits, the stars, the suns, the eclipses. Krishna came to this earth five thousand years ago to explain this knowledge in the Vedic literature. Four kinds of people don’t believe it, those who are the lowest of mankind, those whose intelligence has been stolen by maya and the outright asuras, who are opposed to God. Those who think Krishna is an ordinary man are mudhas, bereft of knowledge. Most of the people in the world today are covered by the illusory energy and do not know God or how He works in the universe.

And His universal work is only a small portion of His glory. The material world is approximately one fourth of the creation. Three quarters is the spiritual world.

The dark planet covers the moon. The dark planet covers the sun, sometimes, during the eclipse. Those who live in darkness are always eclipsed and see only the glare of the illusory energy. The seers of the truth see the actual light and know what is maya.

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1966 March 19: "I have come from India for America in this old age neither for sight seeing nor for any personal interest. It is for the interest of the entire humanity that I have come. So it is the duty of every devotees of Lord Krishna to help me by all means."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1966

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1969 march 19: "Regarding MacMillan Company, if they have not replied, then forget. We shall publish our own books. Neither I want to shorten the Srimad-Bhagavatam. We should not count on them. Let us try start our own Press and organize our own sales."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1969

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1969 March 19: "This so-called yoga system and meditation is not bona fide. They are simply cheated and wasting their time. But if we speak the unpalatable truth they may get angry. So we have to present our case very carefully"
Prabhupada Letters :: 1969

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1970 March 19: "Our program is sublime. Our philosophy is practical and authorized; our character, the purest; our program, the simplest; but our ultimate goal is the highest. The people of your country are intelligent, well to do, and receptive. We have to convince them."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1970

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1970 March 19: "Just one good soul fully developed and firmly convinced in preaching Krishna Consciousness can reclaim so many fallen souls for going back to home, back to Godhead. And the best way to prepare such Krishna Conscious souls is to train them to up from birth."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1970

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1970 March 19: "So the potency is there because these books are not ordinary literature, they are a new line of thought to the Western world. So introduce our books for study in the university classes that will be very nice and you can get good income out of that."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1970

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1975 March 19: "The original potency of Sastra remains in my books because I have not added or opinionated anything of my own. I have simply presented them as they are. Just see the effect they have. Anyone who tries to understand them will gradually become a great realized devotee."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1975

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1975 March 19: "Even your body and mind belong to Krishna and must be used in his service. If you use them any other way, you will have to suffer so many future miseries. So give up all these foolish ideas. Please try and chant 16 good rounds daily."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1975

Email to a friendRelated


David Haslam, UK: How to truly relive pain and suffering.

One of the last thing done as a student nurse is a patient/client study an in-depth research based assignment and presentation (to both peers and lecturers); out of all my university material this is the only one I’ve kept hold of. I wrote on the topic of pain management following a video assisted thorascoscoplc sympathectom, a [...]

Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Part Bollywood Glitz, Part Other-Worldly Bliss

By John Huxley for The Sydney Morning Herald on 13 Mar 2010
Three-day festival helps soothe recent tensions between Australia and India.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Gaura Purnima at the Houston Zoo

By Advaitachandra Dasa on 19 Mar 2010
Texans show compassion to animals and humans alike.
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON Toronto, Canada: Ram Navami Celebrations Next Week!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 marks the Appearance Day of Lord Rama (Rama Navami). The Hare Krishna Center will be celebrating this occasion in a big way! Festivites will take place on March 24th from 6:00-9:00 pm as well as on Sunday, March 28, 2010 from 6:00-9:00 pm. Everyone is encouraged to attend both celebrations as the theme of programs will be linked together. Additionally as a new initiative there will be interactive features taking place from March 25-27th. Stay tuned for more details!

Lord Rama is the incarnation of Lord Krishna as the perfect monarch. He enacts His lila, or pastime, of killing the evil king Ravana and establishing virtue, by personal example, throughout His kingdom. The epic story of His transcendental adventures is told in the scripture Ramayana in which one reads of His unfailing devotion to His wife Sita and Their affectionate dealings with Lord Rama's many family members, particularly His devoted Brother, Laksmana.
Email to a friendRelated


Ali Krishna dd, Gainesville, USA: Need Help Making A New Year's Resolution?

I admit it. I'm obsessed. I'm a fanatic. I can't stop thinking about it. So I'm going to do something about it.

This year, I will beg, I will plead, implore, request, abjure, advocate, beseech, besiege, bribe, canvass, conjure, entreat, impetrate, importune, invoke, nag, obsecrate, obtest, petition, pray, press, requisition, solicit, supplicate, urge, woo, and ask all of you to PLEASE STOP EATING MEAT! (in between studying for my GRE's).

This year, the UN Conference on Climate Change was held in Copenhagen from December 7th-18th. Delegates from 192 countries negotiated global and shared solutions against global warming. Yet, show me in the itinerary where the livestock industry sat center stage, guilty as charged?

Here in the US, articles in popular eco-magazines like Sierra publish articles articulating the importance of improving biofuels, limiting CO2, ending mountain top removal, controling mercury levels, boosting MPGs, and regulating coal ash. It seems to me like something is missing. Something very obvious, yet too inconvenient, even for Al Gore.

Allow me to introduce you to climate destablization and its partner in crime, the meat industry:

"Global Warming: the impact of meat production & consumption on climate change"

"India Tells West to Stop Eating Beef"

"People should give up eating meat to halt climate change"


Email to a friendRelated


Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: This Is The Cow

CALCUTTA’s Telegraph has got hold of an answer paper of a candidate at the recent UPSC examinations. The candidate has written an essay on the Indian cow:

“The cow is a successful animal. Also he is quadrupud, and because he is female, he give milk,but will do so when he is got child.He is same like God,sacred to Hindus and useful to man.But he has got four legs together. Two are forward and two are afterwards.

“His whole body can be utilised for use. More so the milk. What can it do? Various ghee, butter,cream, curd, why and the condensed milk and so forth. Also he is useful to cobbler, watermans and mankind generally.

“His motion is slow only because he is of asitudinious species. Also his other motion is much useful to trees, plants as well as making flat cakes in hand and drying in the sun. Cow is the only animal that extricates his feeding after eating. Then afterwards she chew with his teeth whom are situated in the inside of the mouth. He is incessantly in the meadows in the grass.

“His only attacking and defending organ is the horn, specially so when he is got child. This is done by knowing his head whereby he causes the weapons to be paralleled to the ground of the earth and instantly proceed with great velocity forwards.

“He has got tails also, but not like similar animals. It has hairs on the other end of the other side. This is done to frighten away the flies which alight on his cohoa body whereupon he gives hit with it.

The palms of his feet are soft unto the touch. So the grasses head is not crushed. At night time have poses by looking down on the ground and he shouts his eyes like his relatives, the horse does not do so.

“This is the cow.”

P.S.: We are informed that the candidate passed the exam.


Filed under: Cows and Environment, Jokes
Email to a friendRelated


Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: Gardens Gardens Anywhere!

Hopefully by the end of today I will have some lettuce planted in cold frames. I usually plant some radishes between the rows because they are up and gone before the lettuce will need the space.

Possibly by day’s end or tomorrow latest I will be able to get some tilling down to prepare beds for other veggies like spinach, peas, and potatoes. I also need beds for berries that I have received shipping notices on and more that will start arriving April 1st, including strawberries.

I am a step ahead of last spring in that last year was the first year I had gardened for quite a few years and the garden itself was a flat space. This year it is in raised beds I threw up last fall so they are drying out quicker.

There is rain starting Sunday, even a little snow forecast for Monday, and then several wet days, so I need to take advantage of the opportunity to prepare the ground. This time of year so those chances can’t be squandered as it could get wet for weeks again before being able to work the soil.

The soils here are clay based and working them when wet results in making your garden into a brick. I have dramatically improved the tilth (structural workability) of the soil over the years by amending with organic matter, but I still need to respect soil moisture levels and conditions.

So this morning it is finalizing my planting plan and then out into the garden.

Don’t think you are not able to garden, even with a small space you can do it. Here is a tiered planter you need little space to utilize.

Found here:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/la/gardening/look-small-space-tiered-planter-080906

You can also find those hanging planters everywhere, including one for tomatoes where they grow out of the bottom of the planter. We tried one of those last summer, not because we needed the space, just to try it. I learned you need to continuously feed them. We watered it with a compost tea but I saw someone else who had one and it started out lush and green but by midsummer it had faded. It was one I drove by and observed, so my assumption was they just watered it, but to keep growth happening in containers, they need regular feedings.

Another tip someone gave me about those tomato upside down planters was that you take a piece of leaky hose (like used for irrigation) or perforated pipe and put that in the center and then fill in your mix around it. Then put the water in the top of it and it distributes it better. I also noticed in ours when I took it down that the constant watering (and it does need it almost daily) had made a hole in the top of the planting mixture from the impact of the water. That exposed roots to drying. Watering through a piece in the middle would eliminate that.

So good gardening wherever you are.


Filed under: Cows and Environment
Email to a friendRelated


Yoga of Ecology, Bhakta Chris, USA: Finally, A Replacement For Big Oil?

From our friend Madhava Ghosh's blog "View From A New Vrindaban Ridge"

Posted Dec 22nd 2009 5:00PM by Joseph LazzaroJoseph Lazzaro RSS   Feed

Can any fuel form make a serious run at oil use in the U.S. in the decade ahead? Natural gas might — largely as a result of natural gas’ abundant domestic supply, if new drilling techniques are deemed environmentally safe.

Briefly, the new techniques — including one called ‘hydraulic fracturing’ — enables natural gas suppliers to profitably access more gas than before. As a result, the Potential Gas Committee says the United States now has a more than a 100-year supply of natural gas.

However, issues regarding possible well water and ground water contamination at sites that used the new drilling techniques are currently under investigation by several U.S. environmental regulatory bodies, including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, The New York Times reported. If proven to be unsafe, that would, most likely, decrease the U.S.’s natural gas reserves from current estimates.

But assuming most of the high tech-accessed new natural gas is safe and added to the nation’s supply, could natural gas play a larger role in the nation’s energy picture? At first review, it appears it can.

Up Ahead: Big Natural Gas?

Utilities who operator electric power generation plants are already turning to natural gas as a cleaner fuel than coal. Coal, remarkably cheap but also enormously damaging to the environment, has an uncertain future. If natural gas’ price remains low — and bountiful supplies would help achieve that goal — natural gas can continue to make major gains in electric power generation and in industrial use — substantially reducing the air-polluting particulates that coal-fired plants spew in to the atmosphere daily.

Likewise with home/commercial heating: assuming natural gas remains cheap, the energy form will likely see increased use in the decade ahead for heating. Natural gas already is the dominant form of home heat in the Midwest; in the Northeast, oil heat has been pervasive, but has seen its market share fall since the first oil shock in 1973-74.

However, use as a fuel for vehicle transportation may present the biggest hurdle for natural gas. The ease of use and wide availability of gasoline give it a decided edge over natural gas in the U.S. Further, although fleets of buses and vans have converted to natural gas, an entirely new infrastructure of natural gas filling stations would have to be built to enable universal use of natural gas for civilian vehicles. Still, natural gas does have one trump card in this struggle: price. If oil, which closed Tuesday up 21 cents to $73.93 per barrel, again trends toward the $100 level and beyond, natural gas’ price advantage over oil will widen: at some point — perhaps at $5 per gallon or $6 per gallon for gasoline, a major auto manufacturer will begin large-scale production of a natural gas vehicle, and those Americans concerned about fuel prices will be drawn to it.

Energy Analysis: The view from here argues that the energy form is not as important as the fact the American drivers need a domestic-based auto fuel competitor to gasoline. I don’t count the problematic ethanol from corn. And so far, no other alternative fuels (biodiesel, 100% electric cars etc.) present affordable, universal options. But natural gas, if the new supplies can be accessed without contaminating wells and ground water, could offer a serious challenge to gasoline in the next decade.

Email to a friendRelated


Dandavats.com: Maha Kumbha Snana at Haridwar

By Lakshman das

On 15th March Somavati Amavasya(when new Moon falls on a Monday) the day when Mahakumbha snana started at 12:01 am. Haridwar was fully enlightened with greatly exalted saintly persons who came for Mahakumbha Snana

Email to a friendRelated


Dandavats.com: Brihaspati in the Horoscopes of Devotees

By Abhaya Mudra Dasi

Brihaspati, the priest of the demi-gods is called Jupiter in Western astronomy. His name has been translated as “lord of prayer and devotion”, and as such he is strong in the birth charts of devotees

Email to a friendRelated


Vrndavana Vinodini dd, Toronto, Canada: You'll be tested

Do you like giving advice? Do you get a rush of adrenaline and importance? Perhaps it makes you feel useful and valued. Or perhaps it allows you to step out of your own shoes and into someone else's for a few seconds or minutes. Whatever the reason may be, and I'm sure there are millions, the majority of people like to give advice. Few like to receive it. :) It's even been said that if you want to win someone over, all you need to do is ask for advice.


In a world where everyone thinks they have the answers it's actually the ultimate coup for someone to ask for advice for it signifies that the advisor knows more than the askee.


Of course most people know that's it's definitely easier to dish it out than to take it. We've all been there. It's always seems so easy to fix someone else's problems than our own. But what we don't realize is that as aspiring bhakti yogis that there is more to this scenario than meets the eye.

Especially as bhakti yogis, we often are placed in the position of advisors. Since the devotees are kind, compassionate and wish they best for all, others will naturally gravitate towards them. But beware, it's also a test.

Recently I was listening to a lecture by HH Radhanath Swami where he said that has seen numerous examples of this scenario where bhakti yogis have given advice. But here's the catch. Anytime they have given any kind of advice, Krsna has put those persons in a similar, if not exact same situation. Why? Because Krsna is not looking to see if we can just dish out good advice. He wants to make sure that we can walk our talk. If we gave some bhakti-centric advice, Krsna wants to make sure that we also recognize and actively implement that same advice when it applies in our own life.

The devotee is meant to be a role model. What good is a role model that just talks very nicely and never does anything themselves? In fact, real potency or ability to affect others, comes when someone practices what they speak.

So be ready! If you act in a role of an advisor, or confidante or friend or mentor keep your eyes open. Whatever wonderful advice you dispense to others, make sure that you pay attention yourself. The time when you may need to use it yourself maybe coming up sooner than you think.

Email to a friendRelated


Gouranga TV: About Govardhana 2/3 – Nava Vraja Mandala Parikama 2009.

About Govardhana 1/3


Subido por gourangatv el 15/03/2010
Lokanatha Swami talks about Govardhana and Krishna's pastimes. Nava Vraja Mandala Parikrama 2009.

About Govardhana 2/3


Subido por gourangatv el 16/03/2010
Lokanatha Swami talks about Govardhana and Krishna's pastimes. Nava Vraja Mandala Parikrama 2009.

About Govardhana 3/3

Subido por gourangatv el 16/03/2010
Lokanatha Swami talks about Govardhana and Krishna's pastimes. Nava Vraja Mandala Parikrama 2009.

Email to a friendRelated


More Recent Articles







Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498




















TABLA - FUENTES - FONTS


SOUV2BalaramScaGoudyFOLIO 4.2Biblica Font







free counters


Disculpen las Molestias



Planet ISKCON - 2010  ·  Planet ISKCON - 2011

No hay comentarios:

Correo Vaishnava

Mi foto
Spain
Correo Devocional

Archivo del blog