viernes, 12 de febrero de 2010

Planet ISKCON - 33 new articles

Fotos de

Radha Murlidhar Reunion Festival
02/05/2009
The Sanctuary, NYC
fotos: 253 – 55 MB
Público













Here are the latest updates for


"Planet ISKCON" - 33 new articles

  1. H.G. Sankarshan das Adhikari, USA: Friday 12 February 2010--How to Always Be Absolutely Ecstatic--and--I Am Slow and Lazy. ...
  2. ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Jayapataka Swami's Prayer Marathon
  3. Ahaituki Bhakti dd, USA: Please help release hundreds of unheard lectures by Srila Prabhupada
  4. H.H. Bhakticharu Swami: H.H. Radhanath Swami's kirtan in Mayapur
  5. Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: The Illusion We Control Our Own Decisions
  6. ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Yamuna-lila mataji
  7. New Vrndavan, USA: Winter Storm Update
  8. ISKCON News.com: Scientist Says Dolphins Are Non-Human Persons
  9. ISKCON News.com: Living Near Green Lowers Anxiety, Study Finds
  10. HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 344
  11. ISKCON News.com: Hindu Wins Right to Traditional Cremation in UK
  12. ISKCON News.com: Orissan Tribe Appeals to Avatar's Cameron
  13. Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: Best Ways To Raise Your Good Cholesterol
  14. Gaura Vani, USA: MP3s and Photos from the January 12 Hour Kirtan
  15. Dandavats.com: Live from Sri Mayapur Candrodaya Mandir! HH Brhat Bhagavata Swami
  16. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  17. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  18. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  19. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  20. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  21. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  22. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  23. Srila Prabhupada's Letters
  24. Maddy Jean-claude Durr, New Govardhana, AU: As on BDN: fanning the spark
  25. Namahatta.org: Nama-hatta Thirtieth Anniversary (contd.)
  26. Mayapur Online: HH Radhanath Swami's Kirtan in Mayapur
  27. H.H. Bhakticharu Swami: Bhajan – nadīyā-godrume nityānanda mahājana
  28. Yoga of Ecology, Bhakta Chris, USA: Food For Life Heads Into Center Of Haiti "Disaster Zone"
  29. David Haslam, UK: HH Mahavishnu Swami Vyasa Puja Offering
  30. Japa Group: Bring It Back In A Mood Of Prayer
  31. Book Distribution News: fanning the spark
  32. Kurma dasa, AU: The Status of Flatus
  33. Gouranga TV: TKG Academy – 1st-8th Grade Bhajan
  34. More Recent Articles
  35. Search Planet ISKCON

H.G. Sankarshan das Adhikari, USA: Friday 12 February 2010--How to Always Be Absolutely Ecstatic--and--I Am Slow and Lazy. ...

Nobody truly desires to be miserable. But yet most people are foolishly acting on a regular daily basis in ways that guarantee to keep them miserable. It doesn't have to be like this because there is a solution. There is a way that anybody and everybody no matter what situation they may be in can always be absolutely ecstatic. That way is called the...

Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Jayapataka Swami's Prayer Marathon

The disciples, aspirants and well-wishers of Jayapataka Swami in Melbourne have started a Prayer Marathon for Maharaja's speedy recovery.
Jps
One of the disciples assisting Jayapataka Swami in India has conveyed that Maharaja has asked devotees to continue the prayer sessions that were launched after his tragic health complications. Jayapataka Swami has expressed his desire to walk again so that he can continue to spread the message of Lord Chaitanya far and wide.
So this is a golden opportunity to assist such an elevated Vaisnava in his relentless preaching mission for the pleasure our founder Acarya, Srila Prabhupada.

The prayer sessions are held in the temple room, every evening from 7.30 to 8.30pm, till Gaura Purnima, i.e. until the 1st March.
For more updates on Maharaja's health, you visit his website.
Sankirtan yajna ki, jaya!

Email to a friendRelated




Ahaituki Bhakti dd, USA: Please help release hundreds of unheard lectures by Srila Prabhupada


If you are a follower of HDG A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada or just enjoy hearing his teachings, these following links will be of interest to you. Please read them, take action by petitioning the Bhaktivedanta Archives to release the hidden audio, and get ready for hundreds of hours of nectar from Srila Prabhupada (hopefully)!

http://www.harekrsna.com/sun/editorials/01-10/editorials5648.htm

http://www.harekrsna.com/sun/editorials/12-06/editorials1000.htm

http://www.harekrsna.com/sun/editorials/02-10/editorials5694.htm

http://www.harekrsna.com/sun/editorials/02-10/editorials5707.htm

http://ahaituki.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/ct28-001.jpg

Email to a friendRelated


H.H. Bhakticharu Swami: H.H. Radhanath Swami's kirtan in Mayapur

From Mayapur.com “…By then, HH Bhakti Charu Swami has arrived in Mayapur. He visited the temple for darshan and he also joined with Chandramouli Swami to dance. But after a while,Bhakti Charu Maharaja sat along with Radhanatha Swami, singing the holy names. Devotees were roaring "Gauranaga, Nityananda" , requesting Maharaj to continue the kirtan but he [...]

Email to a friendRelated


Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: The Illusion We Control Our Own Decisions


Interesting Video

http://video.ted.com/talks/podcast/DanAriely_2008P.mp4

Filed under: Illusions
Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Yamuna-lila mataji

Srimad Bhagavatam 11.17.38 - Train the mind to become a servant of Krishna under the guidance of a spiritual master

Email to a friendRelated


New Vrndavan, USA: Winter Storm Update

Letter by Sikhi Mahiti das to Malati dd.

PAMHO AGTSP

I guess by now you have heard that we were dark in NV for 3 nights and 4 days. A snow storm passed through and dumped almost 2 feet of snow. Then, the temperature dropped to single digits causes many trees to break large branches or the main trunk.

As a result, we were without electricity. By Radha Vrindavanchandra’s grace, Ranaka, let us take the 5000 watt portable generator from his his house. His family used candles and a wood burning stove. He wanted the devotees and deities to be warm. Tejo, Soma, and I discussed how to wire up the boiler pumps so the building would have hot water and heat.

To pick up the generator at Ranaka’s home was no easy task. Soma drove his 4 wheel drive pickup with me in the passenger seat and his truck bay full of snow in order to give the wheel some traction. Tejo pulled his ATV on a trailer connected to his 4Runner SUV with his wife and Tulasi Ananda.

There were many fallen branches on the road to Ranaka. We were going down hill so that help. The snow was deep. At one point, Tejo parked his SUV and removed the ATV (a 4 wheel motorbike) and we followed him the rest of the way to Rananka’s. The three old men somehow or other carried that heavy generator and lift it up on to Soma’s pick bay. Then, we had to plow up hill to Tejo’s SUV. We made it to the SUV after heavy navigation around the fallen trees and deep snow. But, our luck ran out.

Tejo put his ATV on the trailer and Soma and I went ahead. Soma tried to navigate around a fallen branch and got stuck in snow covered ditch. His 4 wheel drive could not climb out. Tejo arrived and had all the necessary equipment. I went ahead and began breaking and moving tree branches on the road. Soma and Tejo figured out how to connect the vehicle with a chain and a pad lock. We had to dig snow out in order to see the bottom of Soma’s vehicle. Still the chain would not hold. I held the chain in my hand while Tejo pulled ahead to tighten it up. We were ready to go! Tejo pulled his ATV on trailer and Soma’s truck about 50 yards in the ditch. It wouldn’t come out until we arrived at the bend near the apartments. Then, Tejo pulled Soma over the ditch.

We arrived at the temple and began wiring everything together. After an hour, we had hot water and heat! Still, we needed gas. Tejo to the rescue. The road to 250 was impossible. I think he drove his ATV to the Limestone gas station. Thank Krsna that there pump had electricity and we used a debt card.

Mean while, the devotees in the apartments walked up that high road to the temple. We put them in the guest rooms and Premabhakti cooked evening prasadham. The kirtan in front of the deites was very nice with all the temple residents, apartment dwellers, and their children. Managal arati was full. I spoke a little after Tulasi puja about how Krsna arranged this storm to bring us closer and chant Hare Krsna together.

The next day, I figured out how to run electricity to the temple room and altar. So, we had some light there. On Monday, we had to return the generator to the Ghee factory. Ranaka offered to buy one for the temple. But, none could be found in Ohio, PA, or WV. Somehow or other by making phone calls, we found one at Lowes. Soma purchased it on his debt card and we were back in business by the afternoon.

The temple was full of life because all the householders and their children were in the temple all day. It was a wonderful experience. The electricity returned at 5pm this Tuesday.

I’ll write more later. I’m sure you will hear from the other devotees. I hope you are having a wonderful stay in Sridham Mayapur. You can tell them that NV is a holy place like Mayapur. They have Ganga flood. We have Snow storms and no electricity!

Haribol!

ys,
Sikhi Mahit das

Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Scientist Says Dolphins Are Non-Human Persons

By Lin Edwards for physorg.com on 11 Feb 2010

Scientists studying dolphin behavior have suggested they could be the most intelligent creatures on Earth after humans.


Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Living Near Green Lowers Anxiety, Study Finds

By Kristen Hallam for bloomberg.com on 11 Feb 2010
People living near gardens, parks and other green spaces have lower rates of anxiety, depression and poor physical health than those living in urban areas, Dutch researchers found.
Email to a friendRelated


HH. Satsvarupa das Goswami: 344

I live for him. I live for myself. I want to dedicate my life to him in my own way, writing books and on Internet. Prabhupada, I do it for you. Please accept it. Please accept me. I am ill and need to rest. I can't churn out memories of you. But I have lived most of my life in your active service. Your service is still the center of my life. I am happy when I write a poem about you like "Soul Eyes" and "Profile of Prabhupada" I like to gaze on your photos and your murti. I continue to behave according to the vows of my initiation. Hearing your books read to me is a primary nourishment of my life. Anecdotes of your life are delightful and great storytelling. You wrote me letters asking if I had received the latest tapes your mailed me. Then you wrote me that you had received the typing of the tapes I had done, and that I had done them nicely. Praise from you gave me life. If I could still hear you were pleased with me I would be satisfied with my life. Morning walks with you were a great relief; you spoke pure philosophy. You let me massage you and you never complained that I was not strong enough to do it. You tolerated your aches and pains and illness and old age. "We are tolerant" you said when they gave you a spinal tap needle in the hospital, and you were transcendental. When I visited you in August of 1977 you said "these are my last days." In your very last days when you were lying in bed and not talking, I was leading the singing of the Nrsimha prayers. You signaled your secretary, TKG, to come to your bed and you asked him, "Who is singing?" That was the last exchange I had with you.

Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Hindu Wins Right to Traditional Cremation in UK

By Michael Thurston for AFP on 10 Feb 2010

The elderly Ghai was denied a permit in 2006.


Email to a friendRelated


ISKCON News.com: Orissan Tribe Appeals to Avatar's Cameron

By Rajan Zed on 11 Feb 2010
A mountain sacred to the Dongria Kondh is threatened by a British mining company.
Email to a friendRelated


Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: Best Ways To Raise Your Good Cholesterol


By Dr. Paul Donohue

Dear Dr. Donohue — Can you give me information on how to raise my HDL level?

HDL (high-density lipoprotein) cholesterol — “good” cholesterol — removes cholesterol stuck to the walls of arteries and takes it to the liver for recycling or disposal. An HDL cholesterol reading of 40 mg/dL (1.03 mmol/L) or higher is considered an acceptable level. A reading of 60 (1.55) is bliss. Actually, there is no such thing as good and bad cholesterol. Cholesterol is cholesterol. What makes it good or bad is the protein carrier that hauls it around — in this case, high-density lipoprotein.

Devoting half an hour a day to aerobic exercise drives HDL up. Aerobic exercise is an activity such as brisk walking, jogging, swimming or biking — things that raise the heart rate and keep it raised for at least 20 minutes. Weight loss is another way to increase HDL cholesterol. Including oils like olive, soy and flaxseed in your diet boosts good cholesterol. So do nuts. A modest amount of alcohol (one drink a day for women and two for men) can elevate it. Not smoking, staying away from sugary foods and not engaging in yo-yo dieting have a beneficial effect on this cholesterol variety.

Sometimes medicines are the only way to boost HDL. Statins — medicines that, it seems, the entire population takes to lower bad cholesterol — also raise good cholesterol.

Filed under: Health
Email to a friendRelated


Gaura Vani, USA: MP3s and Photos from the January 12 Hour Kirtan

It’s been too long since we’ve posted some recordings on GauraVani.com. As things have been getting bigger, so have the pressures of keeping it all running. Accounting, planning, recording and events have sucked up our time. But hopefully we’ve gotten into a rhythm that makes time to do what’s important, keep the kirtan flowing.

Kamaniya and Keshavacarya of Prema Hara http://www.gauravani.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/20100130-12HourKirtanNYC_0005.jpg

Here are the recordings from the first of hopefully many 12 Hour Kirtans at the Bhakti Center in NYC. We are planning for this to be a monthly event that is co-hosted by Mantralogy. It is part “kirtan open mic”, part party and all blissful. The next event is schedule for Feb 20th and will have special guests the Mayapuris as part of it.

We are planning to have a webcast during the kirtan, so stay tuned to GauraVani.com on Feb 20th!

Bathing Sri Gaura Nitai L to R: Kamaniya, Keshavacharya Das and Gopinath

Gaura Vani, the host of the kirtan. Sanga leads kirtan.

The Sanga band. Gaura Vani leads the kirtan.

Gaura Vani Haribol!

To listen, click on the links below then press play. To download, Right Click on the word "Download" and select "Save As…" from the menu. Having trouble downloading? Read our Help Section.

http://www.gauravani.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/20100130-12HourKirtanNYC_0015.jpg

Email to a friendRelated


Dandavats.com: Live from Sri Mayapur Candrodaya Mandir! HH Brhat Bhagavata Swami

By Brhat Bhagavata Swami

Those who are averse to the Transcendence realize the Supreme Absolute Truth differently through speculative sense perception, and therefore, because of mistaken speculation, everything appears to them to be relative.

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1966 February 11:
"Today the following letters were posted:
The Morning Telegram
The Times Mirror Co.
NBC Radio Station Master
WOR Radio Station Master
WNYC Radio Station Master

There was no response to Hari Kirtan this evening but I alone executed the Kirtan ceremony with my tape recorder till 10 pm."
Prabhupada Journal :: 1966

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1967 February 11: "This evening we had very successful performance of Kirtana and discourses at the Himalayan Academy. I think our popularity in this part of the country is increasing. Arrange for such Kirtana programs in New York. Wherever we get opportunities we must perform such Kirtana."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1967

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1967 February 11: "In April 1967 there will be a great World Exposition and millions of people will gather there from all parts of the world. We have to prepare literatures and we have to draw the attention of the university students as our members."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1967

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1967 February 11: "I wish that each and every Branch shall keep their independent identity and cooperate keeping the Acarya in the centre. On this principle we can open any number of Branches all over the world."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1967

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1967 February 11: "As you are feeling my absence so I am feeling for you. But we are all happy on account of Krishna Consciousness either here or there. May Krishna join us always in His transcendental service."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1967

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1970 February 11: "Sankirtana is our life and soul, and if we execute this transcendental business in all earnestness, then there will be no difficulty in any way. We should not pray to Krishna anything except to ask to engage in His service. If we are engaged in His service then automatically everything will be revealed."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1970

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1970 February 11: "I can follow that Visnujana is very much needed in London but he is much needed in Los Angeles also. The majority of advanced students are in London, so why they should be lacking to train and enthuse the new brahmacaris?"
Prabhupada Letters :: 1970

Email to a friendRelated


Srila Prabhupada's Letters

1973 February 11: "Go out for street sankirtana and distribute my literature for the cripple minded masses. Whatever you do should be done with wholehearted enthusiasm and strict adherence to chanting sixteen rounds and following the four basic principles."
Prabhupada Letters :: 1973

Email to a friendRelated


Maddy Jean-claude Durr, New Govardhana, AU: As on BDN: fanning the spark

I was in Bondi, Sydney, distributing books. I stopped a teenage boy. He looked very interested as I showed him Bhagavad Gita. He was very eager but was a little worried when I asked for a donation. I told him to give what he could. He dug out his wallet and had a few dollars in coins. I could tell he was eager for spiritual life and didn't want to sell him short. I gave him a Perfect Escape (small book by Devamrita Swami). I told him that this was a start off and if he liked this book then he should give me a call and I will give him some more books. I had a feeling that the book was meant for him, based on what we had talked about. As I wrote down my number for him I chuckled and told him that I wouldn't even be in the country in a couple weeks.

I was in Woy Woy, a suburb of Sydney, a couple weeks later. It was my last day of the mid year marathon. Tomorrow I was flying to Europe. I had just done my biggest day on books yesterday and today it had slowed down. I was praying for some nectar. While praying I received a mobile call from a mysterious number. The boy explained that his name was Mat and I had met him in Bondi. I had been stopping thousands of people in the last couple months but I could remember stopping him. He was the last person whom I gave out my number too. He was inspired by the book I had given him and wanted to meet up to talk about it. "I am flying out tomorrow afternoon so it will have to be then" I said. He thought for a moment and agreed.

The next day I packed my things and set out to meet Mat. I could remember stopping Mat but I didn't quite remember which book I had given him at the time so I took a small bag of the basics. I barely recognised him in the crowd when I found him. We started talking about the book and he asked me if I had brought anymore. I asked him which book I given him and he pulled out the Perfect Escape. I was thrilled because I had a hard cover Gita and hard cover SSR so now he could take them both. He pulled out a $20 bill, a perfect double BBT cover for both books and so I gave them both to him. He told me he would show his friends his books also because he thought it was very important stuff. We strolled for about an hour and talked. I answered his many philosophical questions and tried to tell him all the basic stuff he needed to know. I was able to observe from this experience what Prabhupada meant when he wanted us all to become Gurus (even those as unqualified as myself).

I bid farewell to Mat and prayed Maya wouldn't take him away. He was on the start of his spiritual journey and hopefully the end. I rushed back to the train station to head off to the airport. On my journey to the airport I bumped into Mat three more times?! We were heading somewhat in the same direction it seemed. It was an interesting experience and seemed rather mystical. I realized it was Krsna because Krsna is the supreme mystic.

Your servant, Madhavendra Puri Dasa.

Email to a friendRelated


Namahatta.org: Nama-hatta Thirtieth Anniversary (contd.)

by HH Bhaktiraghava Maharaja

HH Jayapataka Maharaja took upon himself many great austerities to establish and promote the Nama-hatta program, from its early inception to its present day development. I remember how he would sometimes arrive from oversees and from the airport he would have to dash to the Howrah station in Kolkata to catch a night train, which would take him to some remote village where programs had already been scheduled.

He would make his way to the local pandal, sometimes using his own small flashlight as no one had thought of getting a proper torch or lantern. In those early days, the arrangements in the village were quite simple and somewhat humble in nature. Still Maharaja was always ready to accept any and all inconveniences to hold programs and preach in the local Bengali language to the eager local listeners.

read more

Email to a friendRelated


Mayapur Online: HH Radhanath Swami's Kirtan in Mayapur

After the Sandhya Arti, HH Radhanath Swami drenched Sri Panca-tattva Mandir with harinama. At one point of time, Maharaja instructed everyone to dance and all you see around was- both young and old, were taking steps and gently swaying to the soulful rhythm of Harinam. Everyone was undoubtedly under the magical spell of enchanting vibrations of the holy names. Maharaj was guiding us into a deep meditation on crying out to the holy names with affection and loving devotion.

read more

Email to a friendRelated


H.H. Bhakticharu Swami: Bhajan – nadīyā-godrume nityānanda mahājana

The following song was written by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur in Gitavali. Recently, H.H. Bhakti Charu Swami sung it in a very sweet melody. nadīyā-godrume nityānanda mahājana patiyāche nām-haṭṭa jīvera kāraṇa) (śraddhāvān jan he, śraddhāvān jan he) prabhura ājñāy, bhāi, māgi ei bhikṣ bolo `kṛṣṇa,' bhajo kṛṣṇa, koro kṛṣṇa-śikṣā aparādha-śūnya ho'ye loho kṛṣṇa-nām kṛṣṇa mātā, kṛṣṇa pitā, kṛṣṇa dhana-prān kṛṣṇaera saḿsāra koro chāḍi' [...]

Email to a friendRelated


Yoga of Ecology, Bhakta Chris, USA: Food For Life Heads Into Center Of Haiti "Disaster Zone"

By Madhava Smullen on 7 Feb 2010
Image: ffl.org
FFL volunteers distribute meals at the Dr. Dario Contreras Hospital in Santo Domingo.

From ISKCON News

With the Haiti death toll reaching 200,000, Hare Krishna Food For Life Global has just joined a convoy of trucks accompanied by the military, heading into the center of the carnage caused by January 12th's devastating earthquake.

The ISKCON non-profit organization plans to complement the work of larger relief organizations such as the Red Cross, CARE and OXFAM, helping to feed the 300,000 survivors made homeless and desperate for food and water.

Food For Life will be working in close coordination with local relief workers of the Haitian-Dominican Chamber of Commerce, under its President Rosa Maria Garcia. It will also work in cooperation with the Ministry for Defense, who will provide protection from the frequent assaults on relief agencies that have taken place due to desperation.

"We feel very confident now that we have this military protection in Haiti," says FFL Project coordinator, Richard Higgins. "This first mission into the disaster zone will give us first hand knowledge of what we are up against."

To tackle one of the major challenges faced by all aid agencies—sanitation—FFL Global has partnered with New Directions Foundation, which specializes in sanitation solutions. "Haiti is extremely unsanitary at present," explains Higgins. "There is sewage all over the ground."

Meanwhile, FFL volunteers are already distributing freshly prepared vegan lunches to earthquake survivors being cared for in Santo Domingo's Dr. Dario Contreras Hospital.

And more volunteers keep arriving to assist. Flying into FFL's Santo Domingo base on January 27th, Vaikuntha Krishna Dasa and Robin Laing of England's Bhaktivedanta Manor joined about 30 other volunteers from the USA, Brazil, Mexico, Canada, the UK and the Dominican Republic.

"I didn't even think about whether I would go or not—straight away my heart went for it," says Vaikuntha Krishna, whose first relief mission was in 2004, cooking for 2,000 survivors of the Sri Lankan Tsunami per day. "It is a human instinct to help people, that's all I thought about."

Food for Life Global is coordinating yet more volunteers to arrive soon from Slovenia, South Africa, Mexico, USA, and Canada over the next few weeks. "Our goal is to set up kitchens in government controlled and secured camps in Haiti," explains FFL director Priyavrata Dasa.

Food For Life now has a plane waiting in Florida to fly in bulk organic produce, grains and other supplies such as a mobile water purifying system from partner Water for Life Global. Yet food and transportation costs are high, and FFL are asking for donations to fund their efforts.

"Your donations are still crucial at this stage of the development, and we sincerely thank all who have already come forward to support us," Priyavrata says. "Please continue to give whatever you can and remember: Food For Life can serve more than 100 meals in a crisis like this for as little as $25. So your dollars will go a long way."

To donate to Food For Life's Haiti relief efforts, please visit The Lotus Trust or Food For Life.

Email to a friendRelated


David Haslam, UK: HH Mahavishnu Swami Vyasa Puja Offering

Here is the link to this years vyasa puja offering for HH Mahavishnu Swami HH Mahavishnu Swami\'s vyasa puja offering 2010

Email to a friendRelated


Japa Group: Bring It Back In A Mood Of Prayer

[Prabhupada+praying+with+tan.jpg]

The best thing is that you just pray to the holy name and hear the sound. The stage of thinking of Radha and Krsna and Their forms will come automatically. It cannot be so much forced. When the mind wanders, bring it back in a mood of prayer and supplication, thinking, "O holy name, I want to chant, I want to hear, I want to be engaged in Your service by chanting and hearing." Then simply practice the mantra-yoga of vibrating with the tongue and hearing with the ear.

From Japa Reform Notebook by SDG
Email to a friendRelated


Book Distribution News: fanning the spark

I was in Bondi, Sydney, distributing books. I stopped a teenage boy. He looked very interested as I showed him Bhagavad Gita. He was very eager but was a little worried when I asked for a donation. I told him to give what he could. He dug out his wallet and had a few dollars in coins. I could tell he was eager for spiritual life and didnÕt want to sell him short. I gave him a Perfect Escape (small book by Devamrita Swami). I told him that this was a start off and if he liked this book then he should give me a call and I will give him some more books. I had a feeling that the book was meant for him, based on what we had talked about. As I wrote down my number for him I chuckled and told him that I wouldnÕt even be in the country in a couple weeks.

I was in Woy Woy, a suburb of Sydney, a couple weeks later. It was my last day of the mid year marathon. Tomorrow I was flying to Europe. I had just done my biggest day on books yesterday and today it had slowed down. I was praying for some nectar. While praying I received a mobile call from a mysterious number. The boy explained that his name was Mat and I had met him in Bondi. I had been stopping thousands of people in the last couple months but I could remember stopping him. He was the last person whom I gave out my number too. He was inspired by the book I had given him and wanted to meet up to talk about it. ÒI am flying out tomorrow afternoon so it will have to be thenÓ I said. He thought for a moment and agreed.

The next day I packed my things and set out to meet Mat. I could remember stopping Mat but I didnÕt quite remember which book I had given him at the time so I took a small bag of the basics. I barely recognised him in the crowd when I found him. We started talking about the book and he asked me if I had brought anymore. I asked him which book I given him and he pulled out the Perfect Escape. I was thrilled because I had a hard cover Gita and hard cover SSR so now he could take them both. He pulled out a $20 bill, a perfect double BBT cover for both books and so I gave them both to him. He told me he would show his friends his books also because he thought it was very important stuff. We strolled for about an hour and talked. I answered his many philosophical questions and tried to tell him all the basic stuff he needed to know. I was able to observe from this experience what Prabhupada meant when he wanted us all to become Gurus (even those as unqualified as myself). I bid farewell to Mat and prayed Maya wouldnÕt take him away. He was on the start of his spiritual journey and hopefully the end. I rushed back to the train station to head off to the airport. On my journey to the airport I bumped into Mat three more times?! We were heading somewhat in the same direction it seemed. It was an interesting experience and seemed rather mystical. I realized it was Krsna because Krsna is the supreme mystic.

Your servant, Madhavendra Puri Dasa.

Love KRSNA! (Text D:2184169) -------------------------------------------

------- End of Forwarded Message ------

Email to a friendRelated


Kurma dasa, AU: The Status of Flatus

who farted:

I know I've re-blogged this a few times, but everyone loves a fart joke. Not.

Sam Stewart from Australia's Gold Coast wrote:

"What is it about beans that cause so much gas? What can be done to make them less volatile"

My reply:

Though beans are nutitionally excellent, they have the unfortunate side effect of causing the formation of gas in the lower digestive tract. This digestive dilemma can be mollified by adopting some or all of the following practices:

Discard the soaking water prior to cooking

Some nutrition (in the form of minerals) is lost, but you are getting rid of up to 80% of the oligosaccharides that cause flatulence. The standard way is to soak the raw, unsoaked beans in cold water overnight (in a cool place to avoid fermentation) then drain them, throw away the soak water and cook in fresh water.

Some cooks suggest that an even better way to remove the oligosaccharides is to bring the unsoaked beans to a boil for 3 minutes, remove from the heat, cover, and allow to soak for 4 hours, then drain and cook in fresh water.

it's a blast:

Cook the beans thoroughly

You should be able to easily mash the cooked beans with a fork. Thorough cooking softens starch and fibers, making digestion more efficient, the main reason why refried beans are easier on the digestive system than whole beans.

Give your body time to adjust

If you don't eat beans often, your body never fully adapts to the extra work required to digest the complex sugars in beans. Beginning with small amounts, try eating beans at least 3 times a week while gradually increasing quantity.

Choose beans that are easier to digest

A general rule is that the sweeter the bean, the easier it is to digest. Adzuki, Anasazi, Black-eyed Peas, Lentils, and Mung beans top the list. The most difficult beans to digest include Navy, Limas, and whole cooked Soybeans.

Cook beans with a bay leaf, cumin, epazote, or kombu

Certain herbs have gas-reducing properties, with epazote being one of the most effective. Add 2 teaspoons dry or 6 fresh leaves to a pot of beans before cooking. Kombu sea vegetable also works well and has the added advantage of replenishing some of the minerals lost in soaking. Add a two-inch strip per one cup of dried beans during cooking. A couple of bay leaves simmered with cooked beans is also excellent. Asafetida, ginger and cumin are also excellent additions later in the cooking process, when the beans are seasoned, to counter the oligosaccharides.

Avoid beans that are cooked with added sweeteners, or come in a can.

Some people who easily digest most freshly cooked beans have trouble with canned or sweetened beans due to the way they are prepared and due to added carbohydrates. The famous baked beans are navy beans (hard to digest for a start) that have been cooked without discarding the soaking water AND with extra sweetener added - a very explosive combination.

Click here for more on the status of flatus.

Email to a friendRelated


Gouranga TV: TKG Academy – 1st-8th Grade Bhajan

TKG Academy – 1st-8th Grade Bhajan

Email to a friendRelated


More Recent Articles



Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "Planet ISKCON" or change your subscription or subscribe


Unsubscribe from all current and future newsletters powered by FeedBlitz
Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498





Disculpen las Molestias


No hay comentarios:

Correo Vaishnava

Mi foto
Spain
Correo Devocional

Archivo del blog