lunes, 4 de enero de 2010

Sri Garga-samhita, Canto Four, Volume Two, Capítulo XVI

Sri Garga-samhita

Canto Four, Volume Two

Chapter Sixteen

Sré Yamunä-kavaca

The Sré Yamunä Armor

Text 1

çré-mandhätoväca

yamunäyäù krsna-räjnyäù

kavacaà sarvato 'malam

dehi mahyaà mahä-bhäga

dhärayisyämy ahaà sadä

çré-mandhätä uväca - Sré Mandhätä sdaid; yamunäyäù - of the

Yamunä; krsna-räjnyäù - Lord Krsna's queen;

kavacam - the armor; sarvataù - everywhere;

amalam - pure; dehi - please give; mahyam - to me;

mahä-bhäga - O fortunate one; dhärayisyämy - will keep;

aham - I; sadä - always.

Sré Mandhätä said: O fortunate one, please give to me the

supremely splendid kavaca of Sré Yamunä, Lord Krsna's queen. I

will always keep in very carefully.

Text 2

çré-caurabhir uväca

yamunäyäc ca kavacam

sarva-raksakaram nrnäm

catus-padärtha-dam säksäc

chrnu räjan mahä-mate

çré-caurabhir uväca - Sré Saurabhi said; yamunäyäc - of the

Yamunä; ca - and; kavacam - kavaca; sarva-

raksakaram - protecting from all; nrnäm - of people;

catus-padärtha-dam - granting the four goals opf life;

säksäc - directly; crnu - please hear; räjan - O king;

mahä-mate - noble-hearted.

Sré saurabhi said: O noble-hearted king, please hear the

Yamunä-kavaca, which protects one from all dangers and brings to

one the four goals of life.

Text 3

krsnäm catur-bhujäm cyämäm

punòaréka-daleksanäm

ratha-sthäm sundarém dhyätvä

dhärayet kavacam tataù

krsnäm - dark; catur-bhujäm - four arms;

cyämäm - dark; punòaréka-daleksanäm - with lotus petal eyes;

ratha-sthäm - seated on a chariot; sundarém - beautiful;

dhyätvä - meditsting; dhärayet - should meditate;

kavacam - kavaca; tataù - then.

One should meditate on dark, four-armed, beautiful, lotus-

petal-eyed Yamunä, who is seated on a chariot. Then one should

meditate on the Yamunä-kavaca.

Text 4

snätaù purva-mukho mauné

krta-sandhyaù kucäsane

kucair baddha-cikho vipraù

pathed vai svastikäsanaù

snätaù - bathed; purva-mukhaù - facing east;

mauné - silent; krta-sandhyaù - having offered sandhya

prayers; kucäsane - on a kuca seat; kucaiù - with

kuca; baddha - bound; cikhaù - hair; vipraù - a

brähmana; pathet - should recite; vai - indeed;

svastikäsanaù - sitting in svasita-asana.

A brähmana should bathe, face the east, refrain from

conversation, offer the sandhyä prayers, sit in the svastika-

äsana posture on a kuca mat, tie his hair with kuca grass, and

recite the following words.

Text 5

yamunä me ciraù pätu

krsnä netra-dvayam sadä

cyämä bhru-bhagga-decam ca

näsikäm näka-väsiné

yamunä - Yamunä; me - my; ciraù - head; pätu - may

protect; krsnä - Krsnä; netra-dvayam - two eyes;

sadä - always; cyäma - Syämä; bhru-bhagga-

decam - eyebrtows; ca - and; näsikäm - nose; näka-

väsiné - she who lives in heaven.

May Yamunä always protect my head. May Krsnä always protect

my eyes. May Syämä always protect my eyebrows. May Näkaväsiné

always protect my nose.

Text 6

kapolau pätu me säksät

paramänanda-rupiné

krsna-vämämsa-sambhutä

pätu karna-dvayam mama

kapolau - cheeks; pätu - may protect; me - my;

säksät - directly; paramänanda-rupiné - she who has a form of bliss; krsna-vämämsa - from Lord Krsna's left shoulder;

sambhutä - born; pätu - may protect; karna-

dvayam - ears; mama - my

May Paramänanda-rupiné always protect my cheeks. May Krsna-

vämämsa-sambhutä always protect my ears.

Text 7

adharau pätu kälindé

cibukam surya-kanyakä

yama-svasä kandharam ca

hrdayam me mahä-nadé

adharau - lips; pätu - may protect;

kälindé - Kalindi; cibukam - chin; surya-kanyakä - the

daughter of the sun-god; yama-svasä - the sister of

Yamaraja; kandharam - neck; ca - and;

hrdayam - chest; me - my; mahä-nadé - the great river.

May Kälindé always protect my lips. May Surya-kanyakä always

protect my chin. May Yama-svasä always protect my neck. May Mahä-

nadé always protect my chest.

Text 8

krsna-priyä pätu prsthim

tatiné me bhuja-dvayam

croné-tatam ca su-croné

katim me cäru-darcanä

krsna-priyä - Lord Krsna's beloved; pätu - may protect;

prsthim - back; tatiné - sides; me - my; bhuja-

dvayam - arms; croné-tatam - thighs; ca - and; su-

croné - beautiful-thighed; katim - hips; me - my;

cäru-darcanä - beautiful to see.

May Krsna-priyä always protect my back. May Tatiné always

protect my arms. May Sucroné always protect my loins. May Cäru-

darcanä always protect my hips.

Text 9

uru-dvayam tu rambhorur

jänuné tv agghri-bhediné

gulphau räsecvaré pätu

pädau päpa-prahäriné

uru-dvayam - thighs; tu - indeed; rambhoruù - banana-

tree thighs; jänuné - knees; tv - indeed; agghri-

bhediné - dividing the feet; gulphau - ankles;

räsecvaré - queen of the rasa dance; pätu - may protect;

pädau - feet; päpa-prahäriné - removing sins.

May Rambhoru always protect my thighs. May Agghri-bhediné always protect my knees. May Räsecvaré always protect my ankles.

May Päpa-prahäriné always protect my feet.

Text 10

antar bahir adhac cordhvam

dicäsu vidicäsu ca

samantät pätu jagataù

paripurnatama-priyä

antaù - within; bahiù - without; adhac - below;

ca - and; urdhvam - above; dicäsu - in the four

directions; vidicäsu - in the four intermediate

directions; ca - and; samantät - everywhere;

pätumay protect; jagataù - from the universe;

paripurnatama-priyä - the beloved of the Supreme Personality of

Godhead.

May Paripurnatama-priyä always protect me from everything

that is inside, outside, above, below, in the eight directions,

and in the entire universe.

Text 11

idam çré-yamunäyäc ca

kavacam paramädbhutam

daca-väram pathed bhaktyä

nirdhano dhanavän bhavet

idam - this; çré-yamunäyäc - of Sré Yamunä;

ca - and; kavacam - the armor; paramädbhutam - supremely

wonderful; daca-väram - ten times; pathet - may

recite; bhaktyä - with devotion; nirdhanaù - pauper;

dhanavän - wealthy; bhavet - becomes.

A pauper who ten times recites with devotion this very

wonderful Yamunä-kavaca becomes wealthy.

Text 12

tribhir mäsaiù pathed dhémän

brahmacäré mitäcanaù

sarva-räjyädhipatyam ca

präpyate nätra samcayaù

tribhiù - for three; mäsaiù - months;

pathet - recites; dhémän - wise; brahmacäré - celibzate;

mitäcanaù - eating frugally; sarva-räjyädhipatyam - a great

kingdom; ca - and; präpyate - attains; na - not;

atra - here; samcayaù - doubt.

A wise brahmacäré who eats little and for three months

recites this kavaca attains a great kingdom. Of this there is no

doubt.

Text 13

dacottara-catam nityam

tri-mäsävadhi bhaktitaù

yaù pathet prayato bhutvä

tasya kim kim na jäyate

dacottara-catam - 110; nityam - regularly; tri-

mäsävadhi - for three months; bhaktitaù - with devotion;

yaù - one who; pathet - recites; prayataù - mostly;

bhutvä - b3ecoming; tasya - of him; kim - what?;

kim - what?; na - not; jäyate - is born.

What is not attained by a person who within three months

chants this kavaca 110 times with devotion?

Text 14

yaù pathet prätar utthäya

sarva-tértha-phalam labhet

ante vrajet param dhäma

golokam yogi-durlabham

yaù - who; pathet - recites; prätaù - early in the

morning; utthäya - rising; sarva-tértha-phalam - the

result of all pilgrimages; labhet - attains; ante - at

the end; vrajet - goes; param - to the supreme;

dhäma - abode; golokam - Goloka; yogi-durlabham - which even

the great yogis cannot attain.

A person who rises early and recites this kavaca attains the

result of all pilgrimages. At the end of his life he goes to Sré

Goloka, the supreme abode, which even the great yogés cannot

attain.

.pa

No hay comentarios:

Correo Vaishnava

Mi foto
Spain
Correo Devocional

Archivo del blog